FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Chrome OS

supalightnin
Hi does anyone here use CHrome OS or know where I can download Chrome OS for free? I have heard Chrome OS is quite good but I don't know anyone else who uses it.
emanuel2
as I know, it is just delivered with Chrome Notebooks.
weltkarte
Just install the chrome browser and that is already 95% of the Chrome OS.....
cybersa
@weltkarte
Yeah it is true.
rjraaz
Where we find download link for chrome OS.
Ankhanu
If you're running a Mac and have Parallels, it offers a download/install of Chrome to a virtual machine.

I've tested it this way and wasn't very impressed. Yes, it will give decent performance on crap hardware, but, I don't forsee needing that any time soon Razz
Gitesh
Chrome is not an operating system as all other OSes ., it does not permit local storage of data., it acts as a interface for google as well as other products in chrome store., I used it and was disappointed as you always need to go online for basic work and eats bandwidth.,
Thumbs down., they should morphe Android for PC., as its best so for and Android 3 is already made for Tablet PCs., would definitely like to see how they go from here.,
flamepjlh
supalightnin wrote:
Hi does anyone here use CHrome OS or know where I can download Chrome OS for free? I have heard Chrome OS is quite good but I don't know anyone else who uses it.

You may find a google guy to get you one.                            

Laughing Laughing Laughing
weableandbob
I don't know if Google is still doing this, but it was possible to get a free laptop with Chrome OS on it from Google for testing. I personally wouldn't bother with it though- if you already have a laptop, that will probably suit you much better.
jilbs
Google was asked why does it still need to push the revival of Chrome OS while in fact they already have Android. The answer was simple, Google wants to gain more market share of netbooks and touchpads. I guess Adroid will be dedicated to portable devices such as mobile phones and tablet.

Chrome OS2 will be develop for faster speed, more stable OS, and more secure cloud based that can support Offline gmail.
therimalaya
Gitesh wrote:
Chrome is not an operating system as all other OSes ., it does not permit local storage of data., it acts as a interface for google as well as other products in chrome store., I used it and was disappointed as you always need to go online for basic work and eats bandwidth.,
Thumbs down., they should morphe Android for PC., as its best so for and Android 3 is already made for Tablet PCs., would definitely like to see how they go from here.,

I accept your Gitesh... They should now bring Android 3 for PC rather than to bring Chrome as OS... Not all country and people are capable of going online everytime..
jilbs
Gitesh wrote:

I disagree there. go to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chrome_OS

By definition i guess it is still an OS since it boots the Hardware.

I think the Chrome OS team for Google is working on something that will store data locally so you can use your device even if you are not online. I think this talk was revived after HP decided to Kill the WebOS flatform.
ilmkidunya1
you can download the google os from http://torrentz.eu/search?f=google+os this
kobraz
its no googlw os! It;s fake !
pojr
supalightnin wrote:

The only way to obtain Chrome OS on a computer that doesn't already have it is by downloading Chromium OS. There are some small changes, but they're basically the same thing.

Check it out here: here.

weltkarte wrote:
Just install the chrome browser and that is already 95% of the Chrome OS.....

Lol, this is pretty much true. Chrome OS is mostly designed for Internet browsing and email checking.
milkshake01
I don't think such an operating system could replace Windows or Mac.
andro_king
milkshake01 wrote:
I don't think such an operating system could replace Windows or Mac.

It could replace Windows or Mac because Chrome OS belongs to Google,unlike Android replacing Windows phones and iphones.
firstroad
first of all
chrome os comes with chromebooks
you can download it but on it's system requirements it's mentioned that you must install it on a ssd
this this video is very nice, it explains how chrome os boots(some say in 4 seconds)