FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need some help with FTP

Remzo
If anywon could help me with setting up my sites FTP, it would be greatly appreciated. I have all my files i want in Dream Weaver, I just need to know how to setup my FTP now, like where to go in DreamWeaver and what to type maybe? Or if there is already a tutorial i missed on this, please link me to it Smile thanks.

[edit] bah.. wrong forum sorry guys.
dan751
Here's what you need to do, the server you need to connect to is the following:
Quote:
ftp.yoursubdomain.frihost.net OR ftp.yoursubdomain.frih.net OR ftp.frihost.com

your username and password are the ones you have to connect to either cPanel or DirectAdmin.
I hope that helped.Smile[/quote]
Bondings
http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14787#site_def is a tutorial about this.

access: ftp
ftp host: <subdomain.frihost.net> or <subdomain.frih.net>
host directory: something like /domains/<some_domain>/public_html/ or leave blank
login + password from DirectAdmin/Cpanel
Remzo
Thats alot Smile Very helpful.
budazz
you can even use a ftp softwares...much easier...i think...
orno
duplicate topics
merged
Aelita
No dont use a different software keep dreamweaver. i have it I will tell you everything in there. Go to manage site (drop down menu over files area). Edit the site you are currently working on. If non appear create one. Select the folder where all your files are if you are creating a new one. After you click the edit button or select the folder you need to click the advanced tab. anytime it asks for http:// info it needs to be the address you type in a browser to access your sites main page example http://mysite.com.
ftp access is yourdomain.net not ftp.yourdomain.net dont know why just doesnt work sometimes. and the folder is public_html/ only that nothing else in dreameaver. you want to set it up to edit files and then upload. testing server info is the same as ftp info. server technology is PHP/MySQL for easiest and most supported by these forums. Any other questions just ask adn I'll do my best to help
geyikkutuphanesi
Can we use on frihost.com webftp???. Is there a feature like it?
Daniel15
geyikkutuphanesi wrote:
Can we use on frihost.com webftp???. Is there a feature like it?

You can use the File Manager in either cPanel or DirectAdmin (depending on what server you are using). However, large files might not work as well using the File Manager. It's better to use FTP as it's more reliable (because it was designed for sending files)