FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

$16 Trillion in Secret "Bailouts" - Federal Reserv

shanerg
The first ever GAO(Government Accountability Office) audit of the Federal Reserve was carried out in the past few months due to the Ron Paul, Alan Grayson

http://www.unelected.org/audit-of-the-federal-reserve-reveals-16-trillion-in-secret-bailouts

"To place $16 trillion into perspective, remember that GDP of the United States is only $14.12 trillion. The entire national debt of the United States government spanning its 200+ year history is 'only' $14.5 trillion."

And where is the corporate media to report on this one? Nowhere to be found.

This is so ludicrous. No amount of rationalizing helps explain the size of this bailout. And there's nothing the media will do to broadcast this. ****** ridiculous. I explained it this way to my "nonlinear" philosophy discussion group.

You might think a big story would get a lot of attention, but that is a simple (and often wrong) assumption about the universe we live in. It's the assumption of linearity -- that there will be correlation. The greater significance of a story is does not necessarily imply that it will receive more coverage.

In fact, it seems that the bigger the swindle, the less attention it will get because there will be more powerful groups that will actively take part in suppressing it.

Furthermore, the audit was not complete, so what we know is less than the full story. What skeleton-concealing closets remain uninspected?

In 2006, the Fed stopped producing the M3 report that shows the components, large-denomination time deposits, repurchase agreements (RPs), and Eurodollars that are in our system. So basically, the total amount of money in the system was hidden, or disregarded.

Corruption is predictable when people operate in secret without accountability. It is human nature.

The published number of this "bailout" was something like 700 or 800 billion. 800 billion is 5% of 16 trillion. That is a gross misrepresentation of the truth, and this was done in secret. Set aside any cognitive dissonance. You were lied to.
deanhills
shanerg wrote:
Corruption is predictable when people operate in secret without accountability. It is human nature.
This is totally true. The less transparent the financial expenditure, the more likely the lack of accountability and opportunity for corruption. I'm still wondering about those billions of dollars in cash that went "missing" when it went to Iraq. Maybe that is how it happened.

shanerg wrote:
The published number of this "bailout" was something like 700 or 800 billion. 800 billion is 5% of 16 trillion. That is a gross misrepresentation of the truth, and this was done in secret. Set aside any cognitive dissonance. You were lied to.
I feel as strongly about this as you do. Lies upon lies to the public. Those BIG Banks are of course today flourishing and all I can wonder is whether all of the bail-outs have been repaid .... with interest. And if they have, where those repayments have been moved to. The budgets are so complicated and separated out that even billions can be hidden in smart ways. Bottomline. Government and the Banks have become too BIG, and too far removed, for it to serve its people efficiently. It has grown into completely self-serving conglomerates where the BIG Banks and Governments are in a "I pat your back, you pat my back" relationship with one another.