FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Thing (Alien Movie)

Have you watched the Thing (1982) movie?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

codersfriend
Have you watched the thing? What can you say about it...?
With these alien things that assimilate humans... as they may look like savage creatures, they still can build their own spaceships... another prequel will be released this October 2011 Very Happy
Josso
Of course, they have made a remake? I don't like the sound of that.. it'll be as bad as the prisoner remake or the fog is a better example.

That film is a brilliant example of NOT NEEDING TO USE CGI FOR EVERY SINGLE DAMN SCENE which is something modern high budget films should take into consideration.

(PS: Shouldn't this be in the movies & tv forum?)
LostOverThere
Josso wrote:
Of course, they have made a remake? I don't like the sound of that.. it'll be as bad as the prisoner remake or the fog is a better example.

That film is a brilliant example of NOT NEEDING TO USE CGI FOR EVERY SINGLE DAMN SCENE which is something modern high budget films should take into consideration.

I'm confused. It's a prequel, correct? Meaning it's not a remake at all.

Either way, I enjoyed both the 1950s and 1980s The Thing films.
menino
I remember the thing from the 1980's which was quite scary for me at the time, but the only problem was that the print in those days wasn't great.
Hopefully the prequel will be good.
dan751
I remember The Thing. Was an awesome movie. And it was the first horror flick my gf and I watch together! Very Happy I did hear about a remake/prequel some time ago about it. I'm really hoping that it'll be good.
I find the effects for the 1982 version were quite impressive for it's time. I know that the 2011 version will be graphically better, but you can only go so much further with a previously awesome plot.
It should be interesting to see what differences there will be between the two films. Smile
Josso
LostOverThere wrote:
Josso wrote:

I'm confused. It's a prequel, correct? Meaning it's not a remake at all.

Either way, I enjoyed both the 1950s and 1980s The Thing films.

lol, "the thing from another world"? I could be wrong but I think the 80s film is straight from the 30s book.
alli2000
brought back from the 1982's movie, right? i dont watch it yet, but i do play the game.