FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

JOOMLA

Could you understand my Problem ?
Is this question above from your knowledge ?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
you never face this problem what i face.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

AsadAnsari
I need help in installing Joomla 1.7 .

I installed XAMPP .. ( single installer for Apache, MySQL, PHP, Perl )

after installing I dropped JOOMLA zip content in htdocs folder as i was told in a Tutorial Video.
but Admin Button opening for MySQL is not working properly ans not opening //localhost/phpmyadmin

so i tried it manually the page opened was same as I saw in a Tutorial video, page was correct but its showing some error down below.

continued..

error:

The additional features for working with linked tables have been deactivated.
To find out why click here.
Your configuration file contains settings (root with no password) that correspond to the default MySQL privileged account.
Your MySQL server is running with this default, is open to intrusion, and you really should fix this security hole by setting a password for user 'root'.

I have a tutorial video for Learning JOOMLA and i am following exact method for installation of JOOMLA they told in their video.
I cant talk to that girl in video about the error which is coming in my installation so i am asking this forum..

I need Your [color=yellow]YELP[/color] !
Fire Boar
Those aren't errors, they are warnings. You may safely ignore the one about linked tables. The other one is warning you that the "root" user has no password, which means that anyone can log in if they can connect to mysql (either via phpMyAdmin or some remote client). This is only okay if your web server is inaccessible outside your local network, otherwise you must change it or risk anyone gaining access. It's a good idea to change it anyway.

To change the root password in phpMyAdmin, select the "mysql" database in the left column. Then click the SQL tab and enter the following lines (replacing my_new_password with whatever your new password should be):

Code:
UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD("my_new_password") WHERE User='root';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

To check it worked, log out of phpMyAdmin and then log back in, using the username root and password as chosen.
macky
fireboar rights. Anyway why the title is about Joomla if your having problem in phpmyadmin?

You can also alternatively fix it without pain by going to your xampp configuration. It's very easy to configure there.