FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Vote for Frihost

deanhills
Would be great if those who love Frihost could show their support by posting a review or just clicking on the voting button at FreeWebSpace.net. FreeWebSpace.net is a directory of Free Webhosts.

If you wish to place a review, you need to register first. Registration is to the left of the Frihost page. Most important however is to click on the voting buttons directly under the Frihost write-up, and remember to click on the fifth star for excellent.
Very Happy
Helios
Oh Blaster... we're not mean, we're pure evil! Twisted Evil

I won't write a review obviously, but if anyone does - be honest please!!!
standready
Very kind and true review you wrote, dean. Added a 5 star vote!
deanhills
standready wrote:
Very kind and true review you wrote, dean. Added a 5 star vote!
Thanks Standready, that's awesome! I'm surprised there was only one review up there when I first tried to get mine up. If you check it out, Blaster's looks like a partial review. Almost as though he had been caught in mid-sentence. Until I discovered that there was something that had not been working in the upload feature of Frihost's reviews. It took some effort in correspondence to get it sorted out, but now it's all systems go. I think if it had worked the first time round when I put a review up, my review would have been much more abbreviated, perhaps three lines or more. The review that went up was about my 12th attempt as the feature was not working and every time I tried it went to a blank page. By the third I started to save it and then add to it and edit it. It sort of became a mission after a while. I couldn't believe it when it finally went up. Hopefully the numbers will grow fast as other Freehosts of the same "age" have in the hundreds of votes and pages of reviews. Frihost deserves the same or better than that (in my biased opinion anyway).

But Helios has a good point. The reviews should be honest and don't need to be works of art. Two to three lines would be great. Even a few words would work well.
Josso
*voted*

Will leave a review when I can be bothered to register to that site...

Why don't they just have a captcha and be done with it
deanhills
Josso wrote:
*voted*

Will leave a review when I can be bothered to register to that site...

Why don't they just have a captcha and be done with it
Agreed! It does make a difference though, so if you do have a chance one day would be great if you could do that. Quite a large number of people looking for free Website space use Freewebspace.net as their resource.
sonam
FIVE STAR FREE HOSTING! Very Happy

Voted but haven't time for review. Maybe letter.

Sonam
cybersa
Rated as Five Star Very Happy
Reviewed. Very Happy

Then don not forgot to favorite a Frihost. Very Happy
Asap170
The staff is evil? Since when are they evil? I've been here for almost 3 or 4 years and never thought that anyone on here was evil! 5 Stars. I love this place and the people.
loremar
I can't blame him why he thinks so. I swear I see Satan posting somewhere around in this forums. Smile

I love Frihost. I hope I don't do something that makes them kick me out.
cresvale
yes , let's vote frihost. I feel very good here.
deanhills
Asap170 wrote:
The staff is evil? Since when are they evil? I've been here for almost 3 or 4 years and never thought that anyone on here was evil! 5 Stars. I love this place and the people.
I'm dead certain it was a case of a post that was cut in half. If we had seen all of it, it would have read completely differently. I know the author of that post loves Frihost. I'm convinced he was trying to make a joke and for some or other reason the uploaded message jammed and was cut in half, and then created a problem as well, because people could not upload their reviews. If you check there is not a period after the last sentence.

Btw I'm thrilled to bits. Looks as though everyone's contributions have Frihost inching towards four stars now. The voting button part must be even more powerful than the reviews. Right on! Hope more people will click on the voting button. Remember, it's the fifth one (excellent!) *grin*
Dancing
mahirh
i have voted and has just written a review, just waiting for the administrator for approval
you can read it here though (ugh, i know, poor English - working on it. Please excuse me)
deanhills
mahirh wrote:
i have voted and has just written a review, just waiting for the administrator for approval
you can read it here though (ugh, i know, poor English - working on it. Please excuse me)
That's made my evening. An awesome review, thanks mahir.
Very Happy
mahirh
frhost also ranks third on their top free web hosts list now!
deanhills
mahirh wrote:
frhost also ranks third on their top free web hosts list now!
I could not believe it, and then I went to check and it is TRUE! WOW! That IS wonderful! What a wonderful sight.

If we can get more people to click on the vote button, maybe one day we will get into the most popular ratings as well. But what we have is awesome. Obviously those reviews helped a lot and there are still ones waiting to be approved. Great stuff!
Dancing Applause
loremar
Hurray Frihost! Applause Dancing
I want to write a review but I can't help but procrastinate. Sad
deanhills
loremar wrote:
Hurray Frihost! Applause Dancing
I want to write a review but I can't help but procrastinate. Sad
Right, I can understand it. It takes a bit of effort. If this may help, it takes just one click to get there:
http://www.freewebspace.net/free/Free-webhosting/Frihost/details

Then you have to register in the log-in little window to the left of Frihost's details. That is very fast and effortless. Then click on Submit a Review. And then write one or more words and submit those. And if you think Frihost deserves it, in addition click on one of the voting buttons/stars.

It is a great thrill to see an extra star and a half in the ratings. But that is also a reflection of how much Frihost deserves to be up there. There are not many Free Website hosts who have been around for more than six years, nor have a Forum as active as ours with over 1 million posts.
loremar
I can't submit my review.
What's wrong? Confused
deanhills
loremar wrote:
I can't submit my review.
What's wrong? Confused
Oh no! Not again. Does it take you to a blank page? It did that with me when I first tried to do a review, and I thought it was fixed, for at least a few reviews.

You did register first right?

Can you try again, and if it does not work, I'll alert the Website owner of the problem.
speeDemon
just curious, if the name of the website is "freewebspace.net" then why do they have a Price field?

Quote:
Price$ Free per month
deanhills
speeDemon wrote:
just curious, if the name of the website is "freewebspace.net" then why do they have a Price field?

Quote:
Price$ Free per month
I'm not so sure where you got this from? Do you have a link to the spot perhaps?

FreeWebSpace is a Website that could have started out as a Directory of Free Web Hosts (as long ago as the nineties - so it is really quite old), but developed into additional directories like paid Hosts that are low cost, blog hosting and file hosting. Its Forum is mostly for people who are Webhosts, however there is a Sub-Forum where people like you and I can ask for Free Website space, and then Hosts can make an offer of their services. It is actually a valuable tool to check out your Free Web Host. I've seen some of those guys on the Forum really grilling newbie Web hosts. Sort of opened my eyes too how many Free Web Host wannabes there are that are on their way to making a great deal of their customers very unhappy with false promises. We're really lucky to be with Frihost! There are not many Free Web Space Forums that can boast of 1 million posts either.
ratanegra
I just gave Frihost five stars, but I won't make a review because the page won't allow me to register (something strange is happening). I love Frihost and it is even better than some paid services I contracted in the past! Smile
cybersa
Anybody know how to edit the data of frihost?
It shows Free Diskspace 250 and Bandwidth 10GB.
mahirh
i think only the page creator (bondings) can edit the details for frihost Sad
skin
Ok vote submited.

Dear admins, thanks for frihost!
deanhills
ratanegra wrote:
I just gave Frihost five stars, but I won't make a review because the page won't allow me to register (something strange is happening). I love Frihost and it is even better than some paid services I contracted in the past! Smile
Great that you gave Frihost five stars!

I just tried the registration to test if there is something wrong and it is working perfectly. If you do have time available, maybe you could try again?
http://www.freewebspace.net/component/user/?task=register

mahirh wrote:
i think only the page creator (bondings) can edit the details for frihost Sad
Dead right! Only Bondings can fix it. I hope when he returns that he may find some time to do it. I have not seen him posting for a while so he may be away on holidays or something.
Navigator
Voted, but trend micro didn't like that page so I sailed away quick.
odayguide
I just vote 5 stars. But I think if frihost eliminate posting requirements will be better. We are enjoying free spirits together.
Bluedoll
deanhills wrote:
Great that you gave Frihost five stars!
That may be true. Are they bright ones?
odayguide wrote:
I just vote 5 stars. But I think if frihost eliminate posting requirements will be better.
Might be true but as I understand not the current policy.
deanhills
deanhills wrote:
Would be great if those who love Frihost could show their support by posting a review or just clicking on the voting button at FreeWebSpace.net. FreeWebSpace.net is a directory of Free Webhosts.

If you wish to place a review, you need to register first. Registration is to the left of the Frihost page. Most important however is to click on the voting buttons directly under the Frihost write-up, and remember to click on the fifth star for excellent.
Very Happy

Good news! I just checked FreeWebSpace.net tonight and Frihost's rating is now four out of five:
http://www.freewebspace.net/free/Free-webhosting/Frihost/details

Scroll right down to the gray area at the bottom of the page and you will note that Frihost is listed No. 2 of the Top-Rated Freehosts. That means all of the Frihosters who contributed reviews and clicked on the vote button need to be thanked for all of their hard work as their efforts paid off! Well done! Great reviews!

For those who do not know, FreeWebSpace is one of the most consulted Websites for people looking for Free Website Space.

Now if Bondings could just update the details on that page, that would put the cherry right on top of the cake! Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
Wow I never even noticed this.

Just voted. Will write a review later! Not to nag Bondings to update all the info. Lol.

edit: I'm getting a blank page when I try to write a review unfortunately.

I took a look at the site that is #1 top rated and I'm not sure how they are above us. They only have 27 votes and 1 poor review. Frihost has over 50 votes and a couple good reviews. Not making any sense to me.
truespeed
william
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

I took a look at the site that is #1 top rated and I'm not sure how they are above us. They only have 27 votes and 1 poor review. Frihost has over 50 votes and a couple good reviews. Not making any sense to me.

What's more, that #1 site no longer even exists. Laughing

Edit: Actually I am familiar with the host that cobrands the #1 host, and I have to say that while they offer great features, their servers are significantly slower than Frihost's. They are often completely unusable. (Oh, and I know we aren't supposed to be talking about other hosts here, so I tried not to say too much, but feel free to edit this if I did).
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
edit: I'm getting a blank page when I try to write a review unfortunately.
I had that too right in the beginning. Hope that problem is not back again as at the time there was a partial review only and the owner fixed it. Did you register first? Can you try again and let me know what the outcome was? Otherwise I will write to the owner and ask him to check the reviews again.

Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Right. But can you believe it, Truespeed has just shown us as No. 1. I'd better go check what's going on! Very Happy

Just checked and couldn't believe my eyes! We've gone from No. 2 to No. 1 in one evening! I wonder if people have been hitting the voting button. Awesome!
Dancing
ExMachina
Voted. Definitely 5 stars for Frihost. Very Happy
Ryox
I just looked and its Frihost is Ranked #1 on the list now! ^^

Simply Amazing!
truespeed
Ryox wrote:

Simply Amazing!

Its not the best list though,number 2 isn't online anymore and number 3 looks decidedly dodgy,if i was looking for a host and didn't know about frihost the only ones on that list i would take a chance on would be 4 and 5.
Ryox
truespeed wrote:
Ryox wrote:

Simply Amazing!

Its not the best list though,number 2 isn't online anymore and number 3 looks decidedly dodgy,if i was looking for a host and didn't know about frihost the only ones on that list i would take a chance on would be 4 and 5.

110mb sucks, I had it and its completely worthless lol.. Idk about 4 though
william
I have been wondering this since 2006, but why isn't Frihost on here. It's the first result on Google for "free web hosting" and while their reviews and ratings are mostly out of date now, in the past the ratings here were more legitimate (in my honest opinion). I figure at least being mentioned here might help.
truespeed
william wrote:
I have been wondering this since 2006, but why isn't Frihost on here. It's the first result on Google for "free web hosting" and while their reviews and ratings are mostly out of date now, in the past the ratings here were more legitimate (in my honest opinion). I figure at least being mentioned here might help.

I remember asking Bondings about that a while back,i can't remember his reply though,i do agree about that site,it was the first place i looked at when in need of a freehost,at the same time there are so many hosts on there its difficult to know where to start in choosing one.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Ryox wrote:

Simply Amazing!

Good point. Particularly when one looks at the outdated information of Frihost on that page. But considering not being mentioned at all in the bottom listing, at least one can see our name there.
cybersa
Nice to see Frihost as First.
I'm going to recommend this website to my friends over twitter and other forums.

Misspelled sorry!
deanhills
cybersa wrote:
Nice to see Frihost as First.
My going to recommend this website to my friends over twitter and other forums.
That's an awesome idea. Probably not a bad idea after a while to have a Facebook page for Frihost either.
Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
Awesome we hit the #1 spot.

We went from 57 votes yesterday to 61, so I'm sure that helped us a good amount. The other site barely has any votes so just that little bit for us must have done it.

We'll have to get Bondings to submit Frihost to some more sites like this to hopefully help out. I'm just wondering where he's been...

I think having a Facebook page for Frihost was discussed before and I don't think very many people agreed it would be a good idea so it didn't happen. I personally think it would be an excellent idea.
PScript
done buddy ! 5+
big LIKE..
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Awesome we hit the #1 spot.

We went from 57 votes yesterday to 61, so I'm sure that helped us a good amount. The other site barely has any votes so just that little bit for us must have done it.

We'll have to get Bondings to submit Frihost to some more sites like this to hopefully help out. I'm just wondering where he's been...

I think having a Facebook page for Frihost was discussed before and I don't think very many people agreed it would be a good idea so it didn't happen. I personally think it would be an excellent idea.
Must say I'm VERY happy too. Looks as though there are plenty people around as well too. Like PScript who has just hit the 5+ button. Definitely makes it worth it!
Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
Yes, it's great to see new members supporting Frihost as well.

Hopefully we can get more new members like PScript that will stick around and help the community stay alive.

I've been trying to be as active as I can to help up the activity.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I've been trying to be as active as I can to help up the activity.
I've noticed it. Motivating and inspiring as well! Very Happy
mazito
***** voted
Ryox
Frihost is the best out of all webhosting around. Why does one need to switch? lol

I think Frihost is the best out of all because you can design your own website without any problems at all, even hosts don't include cpanel or ftp access, nontheless email for that matter.

I like the fact that you can use this for any website purpose.. It's good for small websites, company websites and such but for hosting files, forget it.. Might as well pay for a for Unlimited Web Hosting plan with another because you ain't going to get that with Frihost at all

Out of all the time I've been with frihost, I give it a 5 star, It has very good staff and everyone tries to help those in need when they need it more.
cybersa
What you think about upgrading the forum to new version?
truespeed
cybersa wrote:

Bondings has said many times that the forums won't be updated to the newer version of phpbb3,the reason is the modifications made to this forum would be too difficult to code and carry across and update to the new version.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
cybersa wrote:

Bondings has said many times that the forums won't be updated to the newer version of phpbb3,the reason is the modifications made to this forum would be too difficult to code and carry across and update to the new version.
Well let's hope then for an upgrade one day where it would be possible to carry across modifications.
Smile
Ghost Rider103
A new version of the forum software wouldn't really do much for us.

What we really need is a new look. If we had a new look, I'm sure nobody would care about what forum software we are using, since upgrading the forum software wouldn't give the members anything else that our current version offers.
Ryox
deanhills wrote:
truespeed wrote:
cybersa wrote:

Well let's hope then for an upgrade one day where it would be possible to carry across modifications.
Smile

There are ways around it to carry the modifications over, its just hard because most people don't know how to exploit them lol
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
A new version of the forum software wouldn't really do much for us.

What we really need is a new look. If we had a new look, I'm sure nobody would care about what forum software we are using, since upgrading the forum software wouldn't give the members anything else that our current version offers.
Completely agreed. I don't know when you get the same jolt when by accident you land at the Frihost Website page instead of the log-in page. It really BEGS for a face lift. Even if it is to just delete some of those columns and create some much needed white space. And change the font to a sans serif one like Tahoma or Verdana.
Very Happy
ocalhoun
*intrigued*

*visits frihost homepage to look*

It already has been updated!

Sure, it isn't very flashy... but you should have seen the old one. The old homepage definitely reeked of a page that had been abandoned since the 90's.
While this new one has plenty of room for improvement, at least it doesn't look outdated or abandoned.

Really, the only thing I see wrong with it is that it's a little text heavy...
Might be better to add in some eye candy, and replace some of the text with either links to that text or with boxes that pop up when you mouseover them.
Ghost Rider103
The home page was only updated to match the forum style.

The forum style is in fact still outdated. So making the home page look more like the forums doesn't really help the fact that it looks like a design made 5 years ago. Yes it was a change (a positive one of course) but it didn't do much to help make the site look more modern.

In my opinion, the home page is fine and all, but if we want to all make big design changes, the home page and the forum style needs and entire overhaul. There isn't much hope for the current home page in making it look modern.

Bondings makes it quite obvious that he likes the simple/clean style with lighter colors. Which is totally fine, infact that is my preferred style in web design as well. However the current style just needs an overhaul to keep up to date with the rest of the internet.

The sort of style Bondings (i think) prefers can be extremely easy or it can be extremely difficult. Not saying Bondgins doesn't know what he's doing, since he hasn't really done a design overhaul on the site, he's simply modified the same one he's had for years (talking about the forum layout, I know what the old home pages used to look like). The home page was just the forum style modified to fit a home page.

Which is good, since now the home page is pretty much tied into the forum system for the most part. All he needs to do now is re-design the entire thing to look good. It can be done with some time, which I'm sure he's short on.

I could really go on and on with ideas I have, but nobody would really understand unless they see the idea in action. I'm of course not going to create something that Frihost would probably never use, unless I had some sort of go ahead from Bondings to create a design for Frihost, which probably won't happen since he wants to do things on his own. But I'm definitely even here for some ideas, design wise.

Here's one of many websites that use a very clean light colored layout: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/294/b/d/design_____by_deviant_bacha.jpg this website has something Frihost doesn't have, contrast. No, we probably don't need the big image box at the top of that web design, but even without that big box, it's 100x better than what we currently have. Not saying we should use this websites look, I'm just throwing out ideas for looks. The forums could be styled to something similar, making one's posting experience that much better (especially mine).

I'll leave the ideas at that. But I'm all for throwing around ideas to help Bondings out and get motivated. I'd do the entire thing myself if he'd let me. Very Happy

edit: ok, one more link with a list of websites that use white as their primary color: http://cssline.com/color/FFFFFF
deanhills
Quote:
Bondings makes it quite obvious that he likes the simple/clean style with lighter colors. Which is totally fine, infact that is my preferred style in web design as well. However the current style just needs an overhaul to keep up to date with the rest of the internet.

Totally agreed. This wish is quite high up in my Frihost Wish List. And I really love white as a primary colour too, with black font and theme colour logo. Very plain and very simple.
Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
Maybe Bondings will get the time someday to re-design Frihost. When he does, I honestly think it will boost activity by a good amount.

I'd throw all my Frih$ and coins his way, if only he needed them. Laughing

But back on track to the topic. Do we know of any other good sites like freewebspace that we can vote for Frihost on? Or perhaps know of any other sites we can add Frihost to? This can help more as well.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
But back on track to the topic. Do we know of any other good sites like freewebspace that we can vote for Frihost on? Or perhaps know of any other sites we can add Frihost to? This can help more as well.
Freewebspace is the best source there is. Probably best if we concentrate a lot of energy in that direction.

One where you could perhaps be helpful with, since from what I've read you're an expert on Facebook, is to do a Frihost Facebook page. Then get us all to visit it. Maybe you could already incorporate some of your design ideas in a Frihost Facebook page?

Would be great if Bondings could get the Games Forum going as there have been plenty of requests for it. Hopefully we would then see more of IceCreamTruck too. We should probably make a big deal out of it so as to advertise it.
rajpk
hmm
i vote there
i have seen many forums on net.
but frihost is very different from them
i have already hosted my site here and also make forum on my site. whenever i face problem the staff here respond me in good manner and as quickly as possible.
now i have removed my hosting from frihost, due to personal reasons, but i have great experience with frihost.
in future if i want to host, from free hosting i will prefer frihost.
thanks to all frihost team and creator of frihost.
goodbye
truespeed
In terms of popularity and visitors,according to Alexa,frihost is doing very well,17,979 most popular site in the world,weirdly its top ranked country is Nepal (1101) closely followed by New Zealand (1538)

Others..
USA (28.262) .
UK (17.358)

Not doing so good in China.. (116.453)
mahirh
deanhills wrote:

One where you could perhaps be helpful with, since from what I've read you're an expert on Facebook, is to do a Frihost Facebook page. Then get us all to visit it. Maybe you could already incorporate some of your design ideas in a Frihost Facebook page?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frihost/159171230765105
Ghost Rider103
I remember talk about someone starting a Frihost page, but up until now I had totally forgot about it.

Any idea who created this? Was it Bondings or just a Frihost supporter?

Very cool, I was surprised to see 130 likes. Make that 131. Very Happy
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I remember talk about someone starting a Frihost page, but up until now I had totally forgot about it.

Any idea who created this? Was it Bondings or just a Frihost supporter?

Very cool, I was surprised to see 130 likes. Make that 131. Very Happy
I'd suspect that if it had been Bondings who had created it, that he would have put a notice up somewhere and a link in his signature. I checked it out. Couldn't find any references to it in the Suggestions Forum. Also not clear from the Facebook page who the author was. It was created during September of last year. Does look as though the info is out of date.

I'm not doing too badly for a guy who has never done Facebook before. Am up and running and there are now 132 likes!
Twisted Evil
Ghost Rider103
Yeah I don't think it was Bondings, if I remember correctly he was either against it or just never commented on the idea of one.

So it was probably a Frihost fan. Which is great. 132 likes is actually a very good amount of clicks. Especially considering it was never announced on Frihost.
deanhills
I was just thinking last night if we could find out when Bondings will be back, we could start a count down thread of sorts. Does anyone have a clue about that yet?
Very Happy
mahirh
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Maybe Bondings will get the time someday to re-design Frihost. When he does, I honestly think it will boost activity by a good amount.

That really got me thinking, why not create design competitions for frihost?
i have a partly-completed working prototype built in css (webkit only, sadly), javascript and php but i dont have enough time to test it and show it Sad
Ghost Rider103
Bondings doesn't want someone else to re-design Frihost. He pretty much wants to do everything himself on the site for his own experience.

Someone actually came up with a new design for Frihost a while back, I think he even did some html/css work on it as well.

However Bondings liked it, he kindly declined the design work and said he wanted to do everything himself.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
However Bondings liked it, he kindly declined the design work and said he wanted to do everything himself.
I'm hoping that since he is so busy, that this may convince him to think about delegating some of the tasks. Maybe he could delegate the design to someone like you. If that could happen (I'm wishing very hard right now Very Happy ) then a competition as suggested by mahirh would be a great start. It would also get everyone's involvement from a "bonding" point of view (pardon the pun) and drum up some support in overall.
ocalhoun
Yeah... it would really help if we could overcome that reluctance and have an actual design team to do the work... There are a lot of good suggestions that go undone because it's too much coding for one (busy) person to do.

And really, how many website owners are lucky enough to have a design team willing to work for free?
Ghost Rider103
ocalhoun wrote:
Yeah... it would really help if we could overcome that reluctance and have an actual design team to do the work... There are a lot of good suggestions that go undone because it's too much coding for one (busy) person to do.

And really, how many website owners are lucky enough to have a design team willing to work for free?

I totally agree. I think Frihost could easily improve a LOT if we had a small team put together. There are plenty of members here that are more than experienced enough to put together an amazing team. I could recommend a couple amazing programmers that I've known for a long time and have even done some work with them. Two of them being Hogwarts (Tobias) and Fireboar. Both have them have a very large amount of programming knowledge.

We could go a long ways with just even one or two people helping.
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
Totally agreed and right on the mark. Well said!

Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I could recommend a couple amazing programmers that I've known for a long time and have even done some work with them. Two of them being Hogwarts (Tobias) and Fireboar. Both have them have a very large amount of programming knowledge.
I don't know Fireboar, but Hogwarts sounds like a brilliant guy. IceCreamTruck also has great skills. Both Hogwarts and ICT made some suggestions from time to time, and then after a while the suggestions became less and less and I don't see them posting as often as they used to.
Ghost Rider103
Fireboar doesn't come out of the scripting forums much I don't think. He only seems to post when he can help someone out. He's actually been a member of Frihost for as long as I can remember.

Even if Bondings would just let someone do a design mockup and he did all of the code, he would still be getting an exceptional amount of experience and would still be original.

Just one designer I think will help him go a long way much quicker. But if he would allow a small dev team that would be even better.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Just one designer I think will help him go a long way much quicker. But if he would allow a small dev team that would be even better.
Right! We need someone for the actual design, but also people with common sense like Ocalhoun for the functional workability and then Hogwarts for the technical stuff. Then hopefully you guys could do regular reports in a "Featured Discussion" so people get a chance to comment as well and become very excited in anticipation of the New Look Website.
Very Happy
mahirh
here is my first draft then(been wanting to start design and programming again!), http://mahirh.x10.mx/rttr
Ghost Rider103
I would recommend not wasting your time working on something for frihost unless Bondings gives the ok and chooses a designer(s) and AS programmer if he even decides to do that.

Someone created a whole design for frihost before and it was never used. The guy was a bit frustrated. So really, don't waste your time in hopes it'll be used.
mahirh
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I would recommend not wasting your time working on something for frihost unless Bondings gives the ok and chooses a designer(s) and AS programmer if he even decides to do that.

Someone created a whole design for frihost before and it was never used. The guy was a bit frustrated. So really, don't waste your time in hopes it'll be used.

Nope, hardwork always translates into experience and experience is the best teacher, so , i dont care whether it gets used or not, i could always use it as a base for my next design, so, no frustration you see, at the maximum, i would post it to pastebin, make it public domain and keep quiet about it in case bondings doesnt accept it you see Wink
deanhills
mahirh wrote:
Nope, hardwork always translates into experience and experience is the best teacher, so , i dont care whether it gets used or not, i could always use it as a base for my next design, so, no frustration you see, at the maximum, i would post it to pastebin, make it public domain and keep quiet about it in case bondings doesnt accept it you see Wink
My philosophy too. And well said. No experience ever goes wasted, and it is always great practice.
deanhills
Just found another Website Review Site that is really easy to post to as there is no pre-registration required. You just make your comments and post them and they are instantly published to the Website:

http://freehosting1.net/reviews/frihost.com.aspx
Ghost Rider103
Another good find. I'm surprised our score isn't a bit higher though.

I've submitted my review and knocked up the rating by .1 which is better than nothing. Let's try to work on this rating now. Smile
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Another good find. I'm surprised our score isn't a bit higher though.

I've submitted my review and knocked up the rating by .1 which is better than nothing. Let's try to work on this rating now. Smile
Right! I was also surprised at the low rating, but some of those reviews were really great.
Very Happy
Ghost Rider103
I noticed there is a competitor coming up in the top free web hosts, a new one.

On a side note, does anyone else get a warning message when viewing that freewebspace.net site? My anti-virus and internet security pop up with warnings every time I visit the website saying it's infected.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I noticed there is a competitor coming up in the top free web hosts, a new one.

On a side note, does anyone else get a warning message when viewing that freewebspace.net site? My anti-virus and internet security pop up with warnings every time I visit the website saying it's infected.
Interesting news, I have not had that experience, but that does not say that it is not there, I'm just not as security aware as you are maybe. Is it possible for you to make a print screen of the pop-up warning, and then I will bring it to the attention of the owner?
Ghost Rider103
Seems to be a different address that is blocked each time. I think it must have something to do with those advertisements.

Though I don't get this very often, so I must say I am a bit iffy about viewing that site.

deanhills
OK thanks! I'm planning to drop in at FreeWebSpace discussion forum this weekend so will be sure to point this out to the owner.

By the way, I've repeatedly let FreeWebSpace know, right from the beginning, that I'm not Staff of Frihost. My mission for posting there is to put Frihost on the map and I was hoping newbies would pick up on my signature too. Bondings is aware of my presence in the Forum and the reason I'm posting there. Recently - when I was in a discussion with Peo (the owner of FreeWebSpace) he again mistook me for the owner of Frihost. I inadvertently broke a rule of posting in one of the Sub-Forums that owners are not allowed to post in. We managed to sort that out, but he now considers me a representative of Frihost and all rules pertaining to owners of FreeWebSpace now apply to me too. I'm now triple careful where I post in the Forum, but positive part of this of course is that people know who Frihost is. I actually like the guy. He is very strict with the application of rules and I'm sure he would be most concerned if there were malicious scripts running through ads in his Free Website Space Directory. So will let him know about this.
mahirh
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Seems to be a different address that is blocked each time. I think it must have something to do with those advertisements.

Though I don't get this very often, so I must say I am a bit iffy about viewing that site.

not their fault, their advertiser's mistake...
Ghost Rider103
Despite who's fault it is, if it was my site, I would also want to know and would want to know why.
Peterssidan
What I don't understand is how an image can be a virus? I can view that image without any problems.
Ghost Rider103
Not sure. But it triggered my eSet security and that thing doesn't hardly ever go off. In fact that's one of the first times it's went off in a long time.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Despite who's fault it is, if it was my site, I would also want to know and would want to know why.
Particularly if it is Peo, most definitely. Still have to get on the job. Hopefully tomorrow. Tonight is the start of our weekend - Friday is Sunday over here .... hehe ....
Very Happy
ocalhoun
Peterssidan wrote:
What I don't understand is how an image can be a virus?

It is possible... if the image was specifically tailored, it might be able to cause an error in the program that displays it... an error that would cause that program to execute code within the image file. With the right code in that spot, you could use that to install a more damaging virus.
Quote:
I can view that image without any problems.

Just because something gets reported as unsafe, doesn't mean it is...
And even if it is a virus, your browser might be secure enough to be immune to that particular exploit, while a different browser (say, IE6) might be vulnerable to it.
Blaster
Helios wrote:

Wow thats when I was in a fight with everyone over some bull shit... It was because of Wumingsden and it started a lot over n0obie4life. The good ol days...
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
Helios wrote:

Wow thats when I was in a fight with everyone over some bull shit... It was because of Wumingsden and it started a lot over n0obie4life. The good ol days...
To make it even more intriguing, there was a glitz on that FreeWebSpace page in that your review was cut after two lines. So of course I used that to tell everyone that you must have said something great and it got lost because of the review being cut after line 2. What happened was that your review was the only one there - two lines of it. The rest was GONE! So I asked FWS if they could fix it. Took quite a while as I think there must have been a bug on that page. Haha .... did you create a script or something as well? (Only joking!)
Twisted Evil
Blaster
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Helios wrote:

To make it even more intriguing, there was a glitz on that FreeWebSpace page in that your review was cut after two lines. So of course I used that to tell everyone that you must have said something great and it got lost because of the review being cut after line 2. What happened was that your review was the only one there - two lines of it. The rest was GONE! So I asked FWS if they could fix it. Took quite a while as I think there must have been a bug on that page. Haha .... did you create a script or something as well? (Only joking!)
Twisted Evil

I did not... Like I said I was having a problem with a staff member at the time and wasn't happy with what was going on. However that staff member has not been here in a while so all is good again.
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:
Helios wrote:

Twisted Evil

I did not... Like I said I was having a problem with a staff member at the time and wasn't happy with what was going on. However that staff member has not been here in a while so all is good again.
Right! Could not have been the greatest of experiences if one has been involved as you have been in the Forum. Great it has been resolved.
Blaster
I don't want to go back to that but he hasn't been here since 2009 and is something like -600 points
deanhills
Have you been back to do a tick for Frihost yet? And then maybe a spiffy new review?
Twisted Evil
Blaster
deanhills wrote:
Have you been back to do a tick for Frihost yet? And then maybe a spiffy new review?
Twisted Evil

I will have to think about it. What I wrote is already there but everyone else gave good reviews so I think this place speaks for itself.
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Twisted Evil

I will have to think about it. What I wrote is already there but everyone else gave good reviews so I think this place speaks for itself.
You're right of course. Integrity speaking again.
Blaster
If we get the posts back up we will be able to get people to stay around. People like forums that are active and that they dont' have to work to find topics to post in. Its also good for frihost because then we can keep our hosting and it won't shut down due to lack of interest.
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
If we get the posts back up we will be able to get people to stay around. People like forums that are active and that they dont' have to work to find topics to post in. Its also good for frihost because then we can keep our hosting and it won't shut down due to lack of interest.
Right. First we have to wake the sleeping giant however. Maybe a blast from the past is just the right kind of medicine to facilitate it.
Twisted Evil
Blaster
Who knows it could work out. Then again I know I'll end up getting busy again and not around that much. This weekend was a pretty easy one for me. From here on out I will be really busy with school and life in general. But I hope other people will be like me and come around and post a bit... or a lot.
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
Who knows it could work out. Then again I know I'll end up getting busy again and not around that much. This weekend was a pretty easy one for me. From here on out I will be really busy with school and life in general. But I hope other people will be like me and come around and post a bit... or a lot.
No expectations. Just great to see you posting here.
Very Happy
Blaster
I try to do what I can. Who knows maybe I will be back for good
deanhills
Blaster wrote:
That would be awesome.
Very Happy
Blaster
deanhills wrote:
Blaster wrote:
That would be awesome.
Very Happy

Just don't get your hopes up too much. Like I said I have a pretty busy life.
mukesh
my vote submit too !!
Josso
ocalhoun wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:
What I don't understand is how an image can be a virus?

It is possible... if the image was specifically tailored, it might be able to cause an error in the program that displays it... an error that would cause that program to execute code within the image file. With the right code in that spot, you could use that to install a more damaging virus.
Quote:
I can view that image without any problems.

Just because something gets reported as unsafe, doesn't mean it is...
And even if it is a virus, your browser might be secure enough to be immune to that particular exploit, while a different browser (say, IE6) might be vulnerable to it.

Yes sometimes with virus programs that have very large databases it's quite easy to create a false positive but as said above it IS possible. A lot of the time a problem with an image specifically is that the server that the image is hosted on likes to gather statistics on IP location, useage, etc and sometimes they will use UDP for tracking which is considered invasive by some firewalls.
deanhills
mukesh wrote:
my vote submit too !!
Awesome! Great stuff .... Cool
Zuex
I've voted! Smile Frihost service deserves attention, after all I have found it to be the best free host available on the web.
Vanilla
I gave a 5 star vote and will review hm... One day. Just don't know when. Very Happy

I don't know why Frihost is not number one yet. Let's make number 1! I'm here for 7 years now and I really like this place. Very Happy

EDIT: I just saw that Frihost is now number one. Nevermind. Smile
deanhills
Vanilla wrote:
I'm here for 7 years now and I really like this place. Very Happy
Great to see you posting Vanilla. I'm sure Ghost Rider will be thrilled. He has been busy with a PR effort to get all the golden oldies to post again.
Very Happy
Vanilla
deanhills wrote:
Vanilla wrote:
I'm here for 7 years now and I really like this place. Very Happy
Great to see you posting Vanilla. I'm sure Ghost Rider will be thrilled. He has been busy with a PR effort to get all the golden oldies to post again.
Very Happy

I'm usually posting at the portuguese forum and I haven't posted in a long time (guess everyone can tell that by points Embarassed ). I'll try to post more at the other forums now. Very Happy
deanhills
Vanilla wrote:
I'm usually posting at the portuguese forum and I haven't posted in a long time (guess everyone can tell that by points Embarassed ). I'll try to post more at the other forums now. Very Happy
Good to know. Maybe you could ask for a reset to zero in your points in the Support Forum. So you can start earning some coins soon.
Very Happy