FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Digital note-taking pen or tablet

rspl
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I'm from Mumbai, India and have been looking and reading reviews about digital pens since quite many days but couldn't come to a decision which one is the best for me. I'm a blogger and also attend some classes where I have to take notes on paper.

Previously, I thought of getting a netbook or a tablet computer for taking notes but then, read about digital pen tablets like the Wacom Bamboo pen. But, it won't fulfil my purpose. I was also looking for something that I can replace my mouse with, since using the mouse for long periods of time aches my hand and wrist. Wacom tablets fulfil one purpose but not the other one - for note-taking.

I also viewed some videos about the digital pen for note-taking, as discussed in this post already. And now, I just read the reviews on the toptenreviews about digital pens here:
http://digital-pen-review.toptenreviews.com/index.html

I wanted to buy the logipen but was surprised to see it come last in the review above. The only one thing I would like in livescribe is to use it on normal paper and not have to buy special paper or print one.

Can someone suggest which one should I buy? I also need it to work with Microsoft office Onenote.

Regards,
RSPL
lovescience
I think with Wacom, you can use the pen to perform mouse function. If you draw, or you need a higher resolution file for your graphic and text. You can set the resolution in software before you draw or write. To class, you will need to bring both laptop and Wacom tablet.

With tablet laptop, you can only bring laptop. Write on screen with the pen of the tablet.

It's nice if you can have things you write or draw on paper scanned at the time you are writing or drawing on paper. In this case, you don't have to bring both laptop and tablet, you will use paper or buy paper that is required.