FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Singer Amy Winehouse found dead

standready
While I am not a fan of her music personally, I still am sadden.
Here is the story:
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/43866337?gt1=43001
Hello_World
I LOVED her music. I'm really sad to hear of this. Another real talent gone too soon. RIP Amy Winehouse.
Josso
Very sad news indeed, not personally a fan but it seems although she was troubled.

Be VERY careful with past and present articles in the media on her, that's a very strong word of warning I put across here PLEASE listen to me, Doherty and herself at different times were reported to be in rehab/etc when I KNOW FOR A FACT they were at safe houses buying all kinds of nasty stuff on the days these articles were put out. I know people that used to "party" etc with them. The media never told the truth, they definitely won't now - if you care about this I definitely recommend thoroughly researching this. Not trying to dirty the memory of her at all, RIP, but if you care about the truth look carefully at this one - I haven't, but if you are suspicious do it.

Oh also I think she was exploited by people trying to make money. It's shocking
watersoul
I liked both her albums for the strong emotion shared in the songs. Definitely a troubled soul, and not surprising at all that she has died so young.
I have to say though, it's no more sad than the periodic deaths of an average heroin addict in my, or any other, town around the world.
Any life wasted through substance abuse is a tragedy, regardless of the persons musical talent.
gh0stface
Shoulda gone to rehab... You said "no, no, no"...

Not surprised at her death at all. It was only a matter of time that her drug use would catch up to her.
Vaidio
So talentet. Great loss.
R.I.P.
Sad
Blummer
Months passed, still so sad. I would never wish anyone that fate. Sad Listening to her duet with Benett, this is so beautiful.
Dialogist
Was not a fan of her music and she wasn't my female hero (what's the word for that?) but she did have a great set of pipes on her (in her early days, her closing performances were shocking dire). She could sing and she didn't do/act/look the obvious which is credit to her. Asides from making some careless comment about the dangers of drug addiction, I'm going to say that I found the way that her recently deceased, then still homeless soul was pass-the-parceled around the internet (facebook, twitter and whathaveyou) by maudlin, mawkish morons via saccharine saturated sickly sweet sycophantic sanctimony about somebody who... you know "While I am not a fan of her music personally but...". The same people who mocked her skinny frame and posted pictures of her undesirable horse teeth. Now Grief-mongering, for me, was the real tragedy. That's what "truly saddened" me about this whole affair personally. I think, for me, personally, I'd rather be addicted to a class-A drug than to pseudo-tragedy, pathetic fabricated misery and regurgitated "build-your-own compassion-kits": easy to assemble, no knowledge of self required. I mean, at least if I was addicted to a class-A drug, I would have an alibi for depending on simulated emotions to feel better about my own eventless little dreary life.

This post was in defense of Miss Whinehouse as a human being, rather than her demise as a temporary internet meme for the insipidly tasteless to occupy their tiny minds momentarily (which was the real tragedy). I defend her to the insincere scavengers who feed off dead carcass, like that. If you don't care, don't pretend you do. That's just self-serving, self-promotional (look at how caring I am! Her family probably thinks so too!) It's also blatantly opportunist, as the dead can't turn around and say, "No, stop prostituting my demise for your own needs" and therefore it is so, so much worse.
deanhills
Dialogist wrote:
This post was in defense of Miss Whinehouse as a human being, rather than her demise as a temporary internet meme for the insipidly tasteless to occupy their tiny minds momentarily (which was the real tragedy). I defend her to the insincere scavengers who feed off dead carcass, like that. If you don't care, don't pretend you do. That's just self-serving, self-promotional (look at how caring I am! Her family probably thinks so too!) It's also blatantly opportunist, as the dead can't turn around and say, "No, stop prostituting my demise for your own needs" and therefore it is so, so much worse.
Isn't that what is happening with the Internet however? Things go viral and more often they don't have anything to do with the person who passed on. More an expression of their own darkness mirrored on someone who is known as she had been. I was completely unaware of her existence however until I saw those news reports about her.
Hello_World
Although I essentially agree with you, Dialogist, I also think I prefer a fake sense of compassion to no compassion at all. At least they know enough to be too ashamed to state they have no compassion for their fellow human beings, to have some sense of guilt that (if) they watched the 'train-wreck' with glee.

It's the empties who say things like 'who cares, what did you expect' like they are some kind of moral crusaders who think all people who don't live a perfect life deserve to die, that make me angry.

PS heroine, or just hero.
Dialogist
Hello_World wrote:
Although I essentially agree with you, Dialogist, I also think I prefer a fake sense of compassion to no compassion at all. At least they know enough to be too ashamed to state they have no compassion for their fellow human beings, to have some sense of guilt that (if) they watched the 'train-wreck' with glee.

It's the empties who say things like 'who cares, what did you expect' like they are some kind of moral crusaders who think all people who don't live a perfect life deserve to die, that make me angry.

PS heroine, or just hero.

There's a difference between not caring and tactlessly stating that you don't care. Everyone cares to some degree but that's just like coming online and telling all your facebook friends that you're of the human species (many do, post trivial banal things they find newsworthy which is why I don't use that site but feigned compassion is slightly more effort). You say you'd rather people pretended they were upset by it? To the point of the "I'm sorry for your loss" opener at funerals you don't really want to attend or going to point of changing of your avatar, online identity, content, mood and topic (umm, just for that day)? Personally I find it rather insulting. I had a loved one sick and people would constantly ring and say stupid stuff like, "How is such and such?" They are dying. How do you think they are? Or didn't you think? Because I'd think first, maybe this is bit tasteless. Maybe putting me through the daily ordeal of explaining to people (that I know don't care) the failing condition of somebody close to me is worth them 'saving face' by asking "the obligatory" - that doesn't need asking! That's the whole point my above post. The pretend compassion doesn't need expressing. Nobody will think you're evil if you genuinely don't care about somebody completely unrelated to you who never touched nor communicated with you or your life in any way. Some (like me), will probably care if you make a mockery of it by attempting to. That's just offensive. Another pseudo well wisher trick is to send a condolence card with some lousy poetry in it. The sympathizer really becoming artistically inspired (in your time of 'say less, think more'). They take it upon themselves (see that's the cusp of the whole complaint above) they only see themselves. They take it upon themselves to write words like "filling the tremendous void" and "irreplaceable loss". This is not only smacking of insincerity because they know nothing about either being not directly affected, it's also some terrible pick-me-up writing. Seriously, it's not the loved one lost that gets to you as much as the people doing the "sympathy face" You know that face right? Head titled to the left, upside-down smile, drowsy eyelids accompanied by the occasional nod.

Remind you of anything?

*Sad face* Crying or Very sad Sad Confused

Simulated emotions on the internet by any chance?

Personally I'm going to have disagree. I think there's a very subtle way an honest, truly caring about the feelings of other human beings, compassionate, tactful, intelligent person can express respect and empathy for somebody's loss, without doing the whole back-end of a pantomime horse thing, which always comes across as insincere and fake and offensive... It's called "Silence".