FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Cool adventure games I've played recently

Helios
I'm taking a break after finishing the latest big titles like Dragon Age 2, Witcher 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Portal 2 etc etc to play some, maybe less familiar, adventure games which I like as much as I like RPG and FPS games.

So, here they are:

The Longest Journey - yes! I finally finished this super epic title! I'm so pleased, you have no idea. The Longest Journey is considered by many to be the best adventure game ever, and honestly I agree.
In this game you'll be playing as April, a typical student girl who is about to discover she's far from being typical and usual. And that's all I'm going to tell you - honestly, do yourself a favour, buy this game and don't read ANYTHING ELSE about it. Simply play.
Note: I actually played Dreamfall, which is the sequel, before playing the Longest Journey.. quite the mistake, I must admit. Anyway, Dreamfall is awesome as well, and be sure to play it after you've finished with The Longest Journey Smile

Black Mirror II & Black Mirror III - two great titles with an epic, dark and tragic storyline based in England.
Black Mirror is all about dark castles, cults, possessed murderers and family curses!
A really great point-and-click adventure series. Very dark and mystical. I absolutely enjoyed it.

Gray Matter - Oxford university, neurobiology, mysterious magic club and the afterlife - huh?!
Take a role of an amateur magician from the US, by chance arriving to Oxford University on a cold rainy day, only to discover that she now has to work under the guise of an Oxford Student as an assistant of an infamous neurobiologist ... then all kind of weird stuff start to occur.
The game also features some magic tricks which you can use as a magician on NPCs to advance in the game - I really liked this unique feature.
kacsababa
I'm a huge fan of adventure games. Smile

My most recent purchase was A New Beginning which is an "eco-thriller" sci-fi thingy. Smile I can't say much, because I'm at the beginning, but it seems well made apart from the mediocre (and sometimes straight bad) voice acting and few control/technical issues (I had to load back about half an hour because I had to rush somewhere and you can't really pause in the middle of a conversation or cutscene). The story is about a global climate change - apocalypse event and some time travelers who tries to stop it. Smile

And yeah, it was a big mistake to start with Dreamfall, but at least you made up for it. Smile
Helios
kacsababa wrote:
I'm a huge fan of adventure games. Smile

My most recent purchase was A New Beginning which is an "eco-thriller" sci-fi thingy. Smile I can't say much, because I'm at the beginning, but it seems well made apart from the mediocre (and sometimes straight bad) voice acting and few control/technical issues (I had to load back about half an hour because I had to rush somewhere and you can't really pause in the middle of a conversation or cutscene). The story is about a global climate change - apocalypse event and some time travelers who tries to stop it. Smile

And yeah, it was a big mistake to start with Dreamfall, but at least you made up for it. Smile

Yeah heard about this game, but it received mediocre marks so I avoid it for the time being. Is it any good though, in your opinion?
achowles
The Longest Journey is amazing and probably my all time favourite adventure. I haven't played anything else that matches its imagination and solid script and voice acting.

Machinarium on the other hand has no voice acting at all. No script as such. Just thought bubbles with animations in them. Yet it manages to have bags more character and charm than most other games I've played. The graphics are also very beautiful.

Time, Gentlemen, Please (and the free prequel - Ben There Dan That) manages to be consistently funny throughout and offers enough of a challenge without getting too obscure. Really worth playing.