FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

one of the many reasons of the recent Skype aquisition

this theory is-
acceptable
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
not likely to be true
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

mahirh
Note: These are only my thoughts and may not necessarily match the intention of Microsoft - This is just a conspiracy theory
when microsoft had filed a patent for tapping voip calls back in December 23, 2009 (click for patent link) no one understood back then why did they file it because they did not have any major roles to play in the VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol, Skype is a good example if you don't know what that is) industry. But when Microsoft bought Skype an year and a half later for billions , it started to make sense also considering that the us govt was very fast at approval of the deal. All this makes it obvious that Microsoft bought Skype just to spy on us. Let us ask ourselves, is privacy going to be a thing of the past?
Josso
It doesn't sound good. I think it's an interesting motive, sounds feasible to me.
mahirh
Josso wrote:
It doesn't sound good

yeah, especially considering the possiblity of hackers finding a backdoor to it and can use it to their EVIL needs just like what the chineese hackers did to such a facility provided to the FBI by the google (See details about it Here). But still, the new powers of fbi provided by Microsoft does not mean terrorists will be eliminated from the face of earth, smart terrorists could just encrypt the conversations they make themselves (and probably even we will do so eventually for the sake of privacy) just because most of the anti-terrorism measures taken by the authorities will at best only catch the very stupid of them. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do about it. that must be because of the universal law that ""if there is good, there MUST be evil""
standready
There is no such thing as privacy on the internet anyway and what you put out there will be there forever.
deanhills
mahirh wrote:
Note: These are only my thoughts and may not necessarily match the intention of Microsoft - This is just a conspiracy theory
when microsoft had filed a patent for tapping voip calls back in December 23, 2009 (click for patent link) no one understood back then why did they file it because they did not have any major roles to play in the VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol, Skype is a good example if you don't know what that is) industry. But when Microsoft bought Skype an year and a half later for billions , it started to make sense also considering that the us govt was very fast at approval of the deal. All this makes it obvious that Microsoft bought Skype just to spy on us. Let us ask ourselves, is privacy going to be a thing of the past?
Mahirh, I think these guys as well as Google are a million years ahead of us in their marketing strategies. They probably won't share that upfront with anyone as that would be to the disadvantage of their businesses. I think all we can do is to make sure we look after ourselves from the point of view of what Standready mentioned. I.e. being out on the Internet everyone can see us and what we have written will be there forever. Also Freeware is not always free. You always surrender something for it in exchange like an e-mail address or whatever information they take from you when you visit. It probably is always a good think to read the Terms and Conditions when you sign up with any of their free services. Very Happy
vidafenomenal
I do not like skype much.
Asap170
I am sorta of half and half on it. I am trying to get my vote in on stuff. We already got privacy issues solved somewhere forgot where though because of voting. So governments want to run our lives, but i dont know.