FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

When do you listen to music?

lovescience
When I drive, especially on highway, I like to put music or radio on.

Or go party with friends, the party usually has music, maybe dj plays music, and people dance. Or musicians play songs and people listen to and dance with.
kutyav
lovescience wrote:

Or go party with friends, the party usually has music, maybe dj plays music, and people dance. Or musicians play songs and people listen to and dance with.

always when i can
standready
Whenever I can! Like now sitting at computer.
tomisme
Mostly when I drive. I listen to music sometimes when I clean the house. Smile
alvarorojas4
When I'm working on the PC when I'm in the Bus/metro Smile
Josso
Basically all the time, listen to the local pirate station when I'm out and my own when I'm in Laughing
wellerchap
As often as possible....I'd much rather play music than watch TV, though my wife and daughter over-rule me....as soon as they go to bed though the radio's on !
deanhills
wellerchap wrote:
As often as possible....I'd much rather play music than watch TV, though my wife and daughter over-rule me....as soon as they go to bed though the radio's on !
What is your favourite music channel on the radio?
Very Happy
loremar
When do I listen to music?
I hear music all the time. My neighbors are so noisy. Mad
But listen? hmmmm... when was the last time I listen to music? Think
wellerchap
deanhills wrote:
wellerchap wrote:
What is your favourite music channel on the radio?
Very Happy

At work, on the radio, we have BBC Radio 2....very good spread of stuff, and God forbid they should play Westlife or some similar tosh, you know full well they'll follow it up with 3 or 4 corkers to take away the pain!
When on the computer I play BBC 6Music, as it's contemprary, but play little or no dance stuff - more the indie, guitar-driven type stuff I'd be into if I was young again and getting into music for the first time.

Hows about you, DH?
deanhills
wellerchap wrote:
and God forbid they should play Westlife or some similar tosh, you know full well they'll follow it up with 3 or 4 corkers to take away the pain!
That really got to you didn't it? I guess you're going to ban that thread ..... did you report it? Laughing

I don't seem to listen to channels .... Very Happy More like plenty of YouTube on the Web, and also music I've copied on my computer while I'm on the Web. Then when I'm in my living room I play CDs. I haven't found the perfect channel yet. Radio reception is not of the best, I could get it on TV but I like to listen to perfect music all of the time, not in between. If I could get BBC easily, then I'd definitely go for it.
Very Happy
chartcentral
I listen to music whenever I can. Usually when I commute to the office and as I work through the day. Sometimes, I'd listen on my way home too. Now if only my music player ain't broken. Hehe. Smile
rocking
I am listening to music whenever I can,
While I am driving, While I am on the comuper (It helps me a lot to program....),
and also at work.
polobrasco
when i have free time and out of work
congra
wow,on highway,i both like to put music or radio on .besides, when i sleeping every night.
spinout
I got a trnsmitter in my car, with a stick memory attached... So if you park at a crossing or somewhere close to a red light , then I put it on the most popular frequency and BINGO! They are listening to my music.
cynusalisa
Well I like to listen music every time But Specially I always listen music while In my Free Time .....................I also like to listen music When I am work in front of the PC. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
william
I almost always listen to music while driving, unless it doesn't fit the mood if I'm driving somewhere scenic with the windows down. Additionally, I won't listen to music if the car I'm driving has a good tune of it's own.

Then, I tend to listen to music while I'm at my computer, depending on the work I'm doing. If I'm browsing the web or, say, posting on Frihost, I'm definitely listening to music.

Other than that, I'll listen to music if I'm waiting for something, exercising, or just working.
welshsteve
I listen to music to and from work everyday. Plus I listen at home now and again (although quite a lot on the radio in the background).
gverutes
Mostly when working out (like going for a run) or sometimes at work when I'm doing something that doesn't require much of my brain.
Radar
Varies. Almost everywhere at some point or other. Probably the most on the train.
Blummer
If not working, I listen to music mostly all the time, but listening at night is something different, when there's no noise around. At daytime even headphones won't help me, the atmosphere is different.
User_X
Sometimes at work in between a great show I podcast on MP3. I get to listen to about 3 days worth of the podcast in one day. If I need a pick me up then I switch to some tunes. I haven't downloaded much free music lately so a bit tired of what I have now. 4 GB's doesn't go that far really. If it was straight music then about 6 hrs a day 5 days a week.

I like everything but opera, bluegrass & country
rogue_skydragon
I listen to music mostly when I'm on the road. I'll put on the radio and listen to anything from oldies, hip-hop, pop, modern rock, alternative rock, etc.

But when I'm in the mood, I'll put on some headphones and listen to music on my laptop when I'm working or reading. If I had an iPod I would listen to music at the gym as well, but alas, I'm not as hip :/
deanhills
I listen to music almost all of the time, except at work.
Nehemie
It depende on my humour. depending I can listen to slow, rock, rap zock or christian as far as it does not disturbe me in my work, I listen every were.
CraigHF
As often as I can, but mostly when I drive!
Nehemie
It is safe no to use slow and calm music when drivin. I think you'll soon sleep and driving will be dangerous.
Blummer
Actually, almost all the time. It's like a soundtrack of my life. Smile
inuyasha
Usually in my bedroom or in the bathroom... That's when I relax myself.
The_unnamed_label
All day.... whenever I can
watchftp
I can't listen to any music when I am doing something else. Especially when I'm reading or activities that need my brain to be very focus. I know some people listen to music while studying. I don't know how they do it. However, I listen to music when I walk. I have to really concentrate on lyrics and drown into the tune. That may be the reason I could do music when I'm deep into other thing.
Chellesei
I listen to music when I feel bored. It serves like an energizer or to make me feel livelier... something like that. Sometimes, when I feel down, I listen to my favorite songs to make me feel better. When I am happy, I listen to really lively songs. They just make me turn on my hyperactive mode. lol. Laughing

In school, when it's break time or when there's no teacher, me and my friends listen to music we all like.
krzycz123
In bus/home (PC)/ after sleep(sometimes)/on schol when I have boring IT lessons.
TheGremlyn
I listen to music when I'm in the car but it's usually off my ipod of a cd. I also listen to music when I'm trying to focus on school work. I sometimes listen to music when I'm reading a book or when I'm trying to go to sleep as well.
cnitolo
whenever I can, but lately I have only had time in the car
nigam
i seldom listen to music.....but whenever i get bored....i turn on my music videos and id prefer the classic ones.....
alimuhieddine
I listen music at school every time, and the most of the time i'm listening music at home. I listen rap and hip-hop.
gaconex
on bed..i want to sleep.....lol
psychorollercoaster
While workingout, driving/travelling, sometimes even while m sleeping.......but mostly while studying Razz
beatbox0792
I listion to music any where, any when I have a freetime
When I listion to music I will to concentrater
beatbox0792
I listion to music any where, any when I have a freetime
When I listion to music I will to concentrater
lockwoodman
In the afternoons - turn the stereo up loud. Sometimes at night when I use my computer.
ratanegra
I listen to music all the time, except when I'm sleeping, talking with somebody or in the middle of a class. It's the best thing this world has (at least for me... some people prefer drugs).
welshsteve
standready wrote:
Whenever I can! Like now sitting at computer.

Same here. Too and from work (I walk), when I'm at work I have it on my PC. I probably listen to 4 or 5 hours a day easy.
Tatolio
I like everything that sounds good, dont really have a favorite type of music.
But what I most dont like is heavy metal because of all the screaming
Afaceinthematrix
I listen to music constantly. Usually I have it on pretty light in the background so it's really just noise. I don't usually have it loud. However, I have two types of music: music that I know and music that I don't. Most of the time I listen to music that I know because I can then place it as a background and do other things. For instance, right now I am listening to Slayer. I have been listening to Slayer for years and have heard everything of theirs countless times and so it doesn't distract me. I barely notice that the song right now is Cult. I had to stop for a second and listen to the riff (or in this case the lyrics gave it away first). However, when I go to the record store and purchase a new album, I have to dedicate time to listening to it because if I try to listen to it while doing something else, I'll end up just concentrate on the music until I feel that I know everything about it and I won't get any work done.
D'Artagnan
hardly, most of the time i'm listening to a PodCast
Peterssidan
I'm not very good at concentrating on other things if I listen to music so I listen more often when doing things that require less brain activity. Usually in front of my computer or in the car.
sysna
mostly before going to sleep !
jajathanja
sometimes, when it feels silent and empty all around you,
sometimes, when I feel like singing,
sometimes, when I feel like dancing,
sometimes, when I am angry and all the noises around you only wants to make you flare up,
and sometimes when I need to shed a tear or two
thesaka24
When I'm working on my computer, or when I am relaxing before sleep.
Gregoric
To be honest, musisc it one of my two addictions (both aren;t anything negative Smile). If I could, I would listen to music all the time I am working/studying/doing whatever that does not require talking to others/listening to something Wink

Temporary problem is that all my earphones are not working as I have broken last one several days ago. So now, I am a bit depressed when I have to study for my exams without music (which made me concentrate easier and stronger).

Oh, and I prefer small earphones, that I can put into my ears Smile I do not want to disturb others when I am for example in bus - big headphones are loud wnough to make others hear my music and they can get irritated at some point Wink
Radar
I'm not sure any more. My music listening habits have died down of late, so it's mostly just a few songs here and there or when I'm working on something that involves music.
bluxberry
hi boys and ladies.. good evening from Turkey...
Its really good topic till this time i saw in this forum ... When do u listen music.. but its depends what kind of music u listen and whats places of music in your Life..

Like 3 years ago i was working as an entertainment manager in 5 star hotels in antalya.. after army i changed my job now im working airport as a turn around coordinator.. anyway.. i started to work in hotels when i was 16 and animation needs music alltime everywhere.. till i been entertainment manager i worked idfferent positions in animation lile 5 years i worked as a DJ and Sound and Light coordinator.. it means you need a huge music arsive all kind of music and quality.. before i play music in disco or on pool parties , chillouts i need to listen tht musics .. i need to know what i play and it means i was starting to listen music when i wake up and till i go to bed.. in the morning i was plang music for morning gym activity and streching in the middle of the day pool games and u need action music at pool, after noon girls have step aerobic and i was playing live at there, than at the show time again you have to play power and ambiance music at amtphetheatre, after show time we make party at the pool like latinos , oldies goldies , and final of the day 11 pm we open disco till 3 clock all kind of rnb , clubbing , progfressive and minimal than after i come to my room when im sleeping or before sleeping chillout is my bests.. so ITS REALLY GOOD QUESTION BUT IT DEPENDS WHATS MUSIC FOR YOU Smile

Best Regards .. Exclamation
bluxberry
and i forget to say now music is just music for me and im listening music when im on computer and when im going to working with ipad... or when im working on the way with headphones its really good for thinking... even when u are high minimal is the best...
sysna
In my car when i go to work, late night before going to bed, when waiting for pizza delivery Very Happy and many other times !
fuzzkaizer
i listen to music when i am riding on the bus, the tramway or the subway. also i turn on the radio every time i drive around with the car. i do not often listen to music while working or something, or JUST listen to music, like i used to do some years ago. when i do that, it is real luxury of spending time...
alvarorojas4
Most of the time when i'm doing things in the computer but also with my iPod when i'm going to the university (And back to my home)
pravojednostavno
Mostly when I drive
chartcentral
Whenever, wherever, if I feel like listening to music and if permissible! Smile
MichelleShirley
Mostly while working on computer and while driving.
Iceaxe0410
I listen to music mostly on my way to work and back in the car. I suppose whenever I drive. I used to listen to music while surfing the net, but that's recently dropped in frequency. When I was in school, I used to listen to music while I study. Since I no longer study as much as I used to that's fallen out of practice. I also used to play music when I was playing video games in particular places when I had to grind for levels. It helps pass the time.
sysna
Good question, it really depends, while driving I listen to music most of the times but in home I usually listen to music in late night before sleeping.
playfungames
I have this urge of listening to music in the mornings. I put on YouTube right after I wake up. I visit youtube.com/music and check out some of those trending songs.

I also have a collection of music that I love in my phone. I listen to those while going on a jog. I also access my music files stored in my phone when I have to travel long distances.
Superhitsongs
I listen to music while driving
Insanity
Usually when driving, or doing work, or when I'm bored. There really is no bad time to listen to music.
Myrecords
I listen to soul-jazz-standards-and some of today's music...all the time.
mrcdnke
lovescience wrote:

every day. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
spinout
Right now I mostly listen in the old car - And right now 40s rnb
loveandormoney
And we listen and play.

Today the Hollies song

Bus Stop

Its old
but delicious.
spinout
When I do the dishes I turn on spotify,,, Well cheers up the situation