FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mac OS X Lion--The world most advanced OS

kirii
Quote:
For 'developers' willing to shell out $99 for an annual membership in Apple's group of Mac OS app creators, Lion is old news already. But the rest of you can finally download Apple's latest operating system -- Mac OS 10.7 -- by hitting up the App Store on your Snow Leopard (10.6.Cool-equipped Mac, assuming it's powered by an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, i5 or i7 processor. From our experience with the pre-release version, the 4GB download could take over an hour, even on a high-speed connection, but once you have the installer in hand the upgrade process itself should be complete in about 20 minutes. As Apple previously announced, those with slower connections can also download Lion at an Apple retail store, and the company's also now revealed that it will be offering it on a USB thumb drive as well, which will be available through its online store later this August for $69 (yes, that's a $40 premium). We'll be posting a full review of Lion later this week, but you can check out our hands-on preview for a sneak peek at Apple's latest consumer OS in the meantime.

Quoted from Engadget

I'm a mac users,and i was very very happy to try Lion.

Just bought it yesterday with 29.99usd and it spent me 4-5 hours to complete the download.The file size is approximately 3.7GB,thats huge..omg

Now i'm using it,very satisfied so far,i can see some major changes with the operating systems,hopefully more features/functions will be released soon. Smile
good job apple!
Asap170
3.7GB isn't that big. If you compare it to Linux it is, but eh not bad. I don't like any Apple products at all, but read articles on that and how it's trying to be too much like iOS and that. Also the new launchpad seems stupid cause it works good with a laptop when u move your finger up and down on the touch pad, but what if you want to move the mouse? Wouldn't it make it difficult to navigate. Also, I think that this was a bad move for Apple.
Ankhanu
I've purchased it, and the download should be done in about 1.5hr. We'll see how it is. There are several features that have me leery, but, I'll give it a chance.

Asap170 wrote:
3.7GB isn't that big.

Aye. I was expecting it to be double this. 10.5 and 10.6 both came on double density DVDs, and were close to 8Gb.

Asap170 wrote:
Also the new launchpad seems stupid cause it works good with a laptop when u move your finger up and down on the touch pad, but what if you want to move the mouse? Wouldn't it make it difficult to navigate. Also, I think that this was a bad move for Apple.

Apple, in the past year or two, has been moving away from using mice, selling a bluetooth multitouch track pad. Their modern mouse models also have gesture support... so if you're using an old-school mouse, yeah, it could be an issue (though there's likely a keypress to activate the feature), but a modern Apple mouse or trackpad will offer full functionality.
schorsch
I like Mac OS, but it's a lie to say it would be the "most advanced" OS. Try to use your Mac OS on a Smartphne, or start a server on you Mac. In both situations would a Linux-based System (Android, Meego, Ubuntu Server etc.) better. Mac OS could be a ideal system for home users and designers, but it's not overall the "most advanced" OS. There isn't any system which is feature-rich AND easy enough to get this title. Cool

I don't understand, why Lion costs money. Apple sells you a package, which Microsoft gives you in 2-3 Service Packs for free. Rolling Eyes