FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I got rejected, help

jonesy96
Hey all

I've known this girl for about a year now. She's a year younger than me, but that's not the point. Anyway, so we're really great friends. But I think I did the stupid mistake of telling her I like her, over MSN. She basically said, aww thanks, but I'm not really into you. So then, to cover my embarresment, and akwardness, I made up the excuse that I was drying up, when my brother typed that. I really like her, but she doesn't like me. What can I do? And could I get her to like me?
Greatking
I think you should move on with your life.
Just becuase you were rejected does not mean its the end of the world.
For all you know she may not be all that you envisioned. Better luck next time.
Da Rossa
That's it bro.

Hard to get these cold words, but that's how humans work. You should move on, then you'll see how good it is to move on. A woman or girl who doesn't like you won't willingly sit next to you and cuddle for several minutes. Find one who will.
Greatking
Its not easy to be rejected. But you must move on its the best thing you can do for your self. Life must go on learn the lesson and live your life.
zbale
jonesy96 wrote:
Hey all

I've known this girl for about a year now. She's a year younger than me, but that's not the point. Anyway, so we're really great friends. But I think I did the stupid mistake of telling her I like her, over MSN. She basically said, aww thanks, but I'm not really into you. So then, to cover my embarresment, and akwardness, I made up the excuse that I was drying up, when my brother typed that. I really like her, but she doesn't like me. What can I do? And could I get her to like me?

Hey "jonesy96", that's a tough one, I feel for you.

My advice would be this:

1) Grow and become stronger in any thing that you do; become good and great at many things; maybe it will impress her and prompt her to take a fresh look at you -- and the point is that even if it doesn't (which I hope won't be the case), you will be a better man.

2) Keep your expectations low: she has been pretty clear about how she sees things. Chances are she will change her mind, but then chances are she won't.

3) In any case, don't be embarrassed that you like her, and don't be embarrassed to admit it. Be true to what you believe in, there's nothing to be ashamed in that or in your feelings, quite the contrary.

Keep the faith, and good luck!
BigGeek
First off, stop even thinking about changing so she will like you, that is the biggest head trip we lay on ourselves, and no matter how hard you try, you are still you, with many things that are good to offer someone that does like you.

Think about it, if you change to become the person that she likes, then she is not in love with you, but the person that you are pretending to be in order for her to like you. Be yourself, sure if there are things that are problems with your personality that you would like to change for you, so you are more comfortable and at peace with yourself, then work to change those things for your own inner happiness. But changing yourself so someone will love or like you, is discrediting who you are and the special gift to life that you are, and it nullifies your uniqueness and gives credit to someone else and their view of what you should be. Be yourself!

Only try and live up to your own expectations, not those of others.

I'm quite a bit older, than most here, and I just recently met woman that is my age, and we hit it off really well. After about 3 months of us having a great time together, she started in with the complaining about aspects of my personality that she did not like and she wished were different.

We have all but ended the relationship at this point, we talk and email, but the moment that came up, I resigned myself the the fact that we were done.

I said the same things to her that I have put forward in this post.

No matter how hard you try, you can't make someone love or like you. If someone doesn't like you, you are wasting your time and energy to try and get them to.

Let her go, stay friends if you are comfortable with that, but move on and find someone that does like and love you for who you are. Cool
lucashp
I'd say the same, you have to move on with your life.

The problem is: you made her think that you are the one who is "in need"

you have to let women in a way that she thinks SHE is the one "in need", SHE is the one that need to fight for you, not otherwise.
friho
i both have the experience about this . what different just that i am a girl and what reject me is boy who is in same college with me . at that time, we try to together with each other ,but few days later,he say:"you are too shy, i feel that you couldn't make yourself at home(you are not at ease with me.) . i think you are very brave,but sorry i am not fit you ."
in order to make myself better,i say:"oh,nothing,we can be friends." but i feel sad for a long time and still now haven't find a bf.
what i want to say just that relax yourself and know something wouldn't be reluctant especially the love.