FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Last show you went to was....

rogue_skydragon
The last show I went to was Cee Lo Green in Santa Barbara, CA. It wasn't all that great honestly because the crowd wasn't really in it, and it didn't seem like Cee Lo wanted to be there from the get go. I did like his all-female band, though Smile Anyway, perhaps my next show will be better...The Strokes here I come!

Feel free to share your last musical event here on this thread! Where was it? How did it go?
Ankhanu
Last night.
I played with two other local bands and the Motorleague from Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. Was a great show, damn fun evening and all in support of cystic fibrosis research.
Hello_World
Good on you, Ankhanu!

I went to see Mikelangelo and the Dead Sea Scrolls. It is actually the first time I ever went to see 'Caberet Noir'. It was great, but I wished there was more music and less talking. And that Mikelangelo sung more, he has the most amazing voice.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/h-APN2qT7ys[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-APN2qT7ys&feature=related
Afaceinthematrix
The last band that I went to see was a band called Blackguard. This was the sixth time I've gone to see them. Coming from someone who has seen hundreds of bands, I can easily tell you that this is the greatest live band I've ever seen and one of the greatest live bands of all time. I've had that opinion since the first time I saw them back in 2009. That night, I even told my friend that before show (he had never even listened to them let alone seen them) and then after the show he confirmed it and said that I wasn't exaggerating when I said they're the greatest live band.

That show was also amazing because they were playing their song The Sword and I ran up onto stage to do a stage dive. While up there, their vocalist, Paul Ablaze, handed me the microphone and let me scream a few lyrics. Then I dove off. Some other guy thought it was pretty cool so he ran up onto stage, headbanged a little, then dove off. Some kids thought it was cool and they wanted to go up on stage. So I told them to go for it and then I would run up after them and headband with them. So when Blackguard played This Round's On Me, they ran straight up and I followed right after. Then everyone decided that they wanted to run up and before we knew it, we have 20 people or so on stage all headbanging and having a great time. People were posing with the guitar players for pictures. The bass player ran off of the stage. It ended up being pretty cool...

emanuel2
hmm I think it was HIM, I last have seen on a show
standready
Tomorrow night is Ted Nugent! just a little 'Cat Scratch Fever! laugh
rogue_skydragon
standready wrote:
Tomorrow night is Ted Nugent! just a little 'Cat Scratch Fever! laugh

That's awesome! Hope you have fun
drunkenkoz
The last show I went to was to see Lady Gaga. I know I was forced to go by one of my friends.
gueda
I never went to a show Embarassed
sixstring_psycho
03/02/11 at the Beaumont Club in Kansas City, MO I saw the Dropkick Murphys! What an awesome Irish band! Had a few drinks, got in the pit a lot of times, and saw the fiddle player up close (cause I made my way to the front row) do a duet singing Dirty Glass! I think she is hot! But I love their music as well! My hair and clothes were dripping wet from being in the pit! Hope for another good time like that real soon...
deanhills
Ankhanu wrote:
Last night.
I played with two other local bands and the Motorleague from Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada. Was a great show, damn fun evening and all in support of cystic fibrosis research.

What did you play? Cool
Ankhanu
We play almost all original songs... there might have been a cover in there, but I can't recall what the set list was. Given the date, we might have done a cover of the Constantines' On to You.