FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Food for Vision

rogue_skydragon
Hello,

I recently paid a visit to the optometrist, and since then I couldn't stop thinking about my vision and how I could improve it. What are some foods that you know for a fact would help augment vision, even by a little bit?
mshafiq
foods rich in carotenoids like spinch and apricot is good for the eye health
and also Cold-water fish such as salmon, tuna, etc are rich in the healthy Omega 3 oils,may be the best foods for optic nerve.
try these healthy food
Carrot
Eggs
Milk
Apricots
Berries
Black Currants
Cold-water Fish
Collard Greens
Grapefruits
Grapes
Lemons
Plums
Spinach
Fish Oils
Raw Garlic (fresh)
mshafiq
Exercise is also very help full in eye health here are some tip

1- sit upright in a comfortable chair and relax your body. slowly roll your eyes in a circular, clockwise direction. Then move them back , Make sure you blink in between each exercise to help keep your eyes properly moistened. Do this exercise five times at each session.this exercise is very helpfull for eye health

2-sit down at a table in a comfortable chair. Sit upright and breathe deeply. Then, rubs the palms of your hands together until they are warmed up. Place your elbows on the table and close your eyes. Cover your eyes with the palms of your hands. Repeat the steps two more times.
3-focus your eyes on something that's close for several seconds. Then, look away to an object that's far away. Focus on the object for several seconds, then change your focus to a close object again. Repeat these steps a few more times.
or you can do in simple way

Blink your eyes as fast as you can for some time.
Close the eyes tightly for some time and then open. Do this for 5 times.
Roll your eyes in clockwise as well as anticlockwise direction for 5 times.
While walking on the road or when you are in an open space, look as far as possible.
Look at an advertisement or some written material from a far place and try to read it by focusing your eyes.
mshafiq
Harmful things for eyes

Foods and additives containing Monosodium Glutamate (MSG)
Looking directly into the sun for some time.
Drugs which are harmful to the eyes
Cell phone games may also be harmful.
rogue_skydragon
mshafiq, I'm not sure you can double/triple post like that, but thank you very much for the such an informative reply! I will be taking everything you mentioned into account