FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Data usage programs

davidv
I've been trying to find a good Windows based piece of software that records and measures the amount of downloads and uploads I use monthly.

I was thinking something open source but most open source software has hideous interfaces and I like non command line base software to have good aesthetics... If you're going to put GUI into your software, do a good job or don't do it all is my opinion.

But anyway, can anyone recommend any programs they use to keep track of how much bandwidth you use per month that you find useful? Maybe a browser extension or a desktop gadget? Thanks.
Nameless
Any decent internet service provider should already provide you with those statistics somewhere on/from your account page. If they're not giving you that information, you should probably find a less dubious provider.
NitNik
You could use Sniffer-Tools like Wireshark.
There are some easier tools, but they are lacking in functions. Wireshark is the software you need. Cool
davidv
Nameless wrote:
Any decent internet service provider should already provide you with those statistics somewhere on/from your account page. If they're not giving you that information, you should probably find a less dubious provider.

They do however, I wanted a 3rd party software that updates in real time. My ISP's website isn't a reliable source as pathetic as that may sound... thankfully their services aren't on par with their lacking website.

Quote:
You could use Sniffer-Tools like Wireshark.
There are some easier tools, but they are lacking in functions. Wireshark is the software you need.

I've never used sniffer tools before aside from playing around with aircrack on the linux terminal (if that's even considered a sniffing tool... I don't know) but I'll give Wireshark a shot. Very Happy
SultanMA
I think Bandwidth Meter 2 is one of the best apps for that purpose. Hope u love this app.