FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's up? Twitter's Page Ranking = 0

deanhills
I found it amazing that Twitter's Page Ranking is zero out of 10. What's up?

I checked the page rankings with the tool below:
http://www.pagerank.net/pagerank-checker/

Google's Page Ranking is 9 out of 10. Ditto Yahoo and Hotmail.
Facebook's Page Ranking is 10 out of 10 (no wonder Google wants to copy them)

And last but not the least - the best - Frihost's page ranking is 4 out of 10. Dancing
chasbeen
Hmm I'm a 4 now.
Josso
No idea, is it possible that the tool was broken? I've got down from 4 to 3 recently... even though I've optimized it slightly more Confused sometimes you can't win against the algorithms.
truespeed
Odd,considering it has About 1,160,000,000 results on google and its the 9th most popular site in the world according to Alexa.
deanhills
Josso wrote:
No idea, is it possible that the tool was broken? I've got down from 4 to 3 recently... even though I've optimized it slightly more Confused sometimes you can't win against the algorithms.
Right, but going from 9/10 to 0 has to be a 90 degree dive or something. Though I guess it must be a glitch. Or who knows, maybe Google is in take-over talks with Twitter? Shocked
emanuel2
another google banning action? Very Happy
chasbeen
Well i'm no sure what these ratings are based on and how much they are really worth. I'm sure Bondings is much more interested in the number of hits his site is getting per week than any "Rating"
speeDemon
Could someone please tell me what page rank refers to exactly? I mean is it like some sort of rating out of 10? And who decides this rating.. I mean how does this tool work exactly?
Asap170
It says it's at 9
loremar
@deanhills, I checked the url you gave and seems okay already, both twitter.com and www.twitter.com is 9/10. But the pagerankchecker from this http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php has twitter.com with 0/10 but www.twitter.com with 9/10. Really odd. Confused Very mysterious. Could this mean that google treats twitter.com as duplicate content or is pagerankchecker just broken?
the-guide
It's 9/10 on my tools.

truespeed
Its saying 9 now,it was 0 the other day though.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
Its saying 9 now,it was 0 the other day though.
Right, it's back in business again with 9 - just checked Must have been a technical glitch. Very Happy