FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Toshiba laptop fan wont turn on after resuming from sleep?

jeremyhowell
After I resume my Toshiba laptop from sleep, the fan wont turn back on? Its brand new, and even when I play a system heavy game, the computer starts getting very hot and I have to shut it down as the fan doesn't come on even after it starts heating up.

I am running Windows 7 Home premium. As I said the laptop is basically brand new, my friend also has a Toshiba, and is having the same problems, so I'm thinking its probably a design problem?

Thanks,

Jeremy
badai
if it's hot and the fan won't turn on, most probably it has sensor problem. if it's brand new, you can bring it to service center. if not, you can rig the fan circuit to bypass the sensor and make it run continuously.
jeremyhowell
Hey badai, thanks for the reply. I suppose there's plenty of online tutorials then for bypassing the sensor? I am still curious if this is a very common problem with Toshibas though, as I said befire, I know several people with relatively new Toshibas who are having the same problem as me. :/

Thanks

Jeremy
u16888
toshiba tech support site at http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/home.jsp#...

take a look or ask 4 help dirctly
Gitesh
if the one year wanrranty is over you can try opening it up and just cleaning the hardware by some airblower. it also help reduce heating of hardware if dust is cleaned every few months. but if its in warranty period avoid breaking into it. it may void your warranty period.