FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to loss belly fat

Gilroye
"Hey....
Here are some tips to lose belly fat...
1 Small meals Vs 3 main meals
2 Regular exercise
3 dont use Soft drinks, juices, caffeine
4 drink water
5 take a normal Sleep"
Zenith21
Exercises for belly fat are leg lifts, the plank, and the crunch.
These exercise can be performed on the floor with an exercise mat.
For the six pack abs, a person has not only strengthened their abs by performing exercises,
but also follow a diet and workout routine that hilp him to have a low body fat and help to visible
abdominal muscles.
Chilavert
I think about eating less
iiinvest
The easiest way to explain weight loss, in my opinion, is to quickly describe calorie intake and calorie outake. For a number of reasons, Americans are more familiar with the calorie intake, however, know very little about the concept of calorie outake.

To make a simple comparison, think of a motor. A motor needs gas to keep running and the quicker the driver, the more gas that is needed. Imagine your body is a motor that continuously runs. When your body is at rest it is consuming calories, while be it very little. When you jog for an hour, your body will many more calories. Each bout of exercise puts a different amount of stress on the body, so different exercises are more efficient at burning calories than others. Running for an hour is more strenuous than an hour of weight lifting and more strenuous than an hour sitting.

So in essence if you want to lose belly, you need to burn more than you consume.

There is a lot more to this topic but that gives a brief introduction.
c'tair
Wow iiinvest, you gotta be the first person who supports the in-out idea that I've seen around here.

It's really sad that people cannot comprehend the calorie input vs energy output idea and instead always try to shift blame on bad genes or other crazy stuff like that. While there are some people with health problems (thyroid, hormones) who gain weight easier, they make up a very, very small portion of the population. All the other people are just lazy and don't move around and eat big loads of food.
iiinvest
c'tar I agree that many people try to shift the blame on bad genes and something out of their control. Developed western countries try to blame instead of taking matters into their own hands. I've personal trained for a number of years on the side as a hobby and I have boiled it down to this formula:

Lack of education on diet/exercise + Lethargic culture + Poor nutritional environment = Over-weight population

My eyes have been opened to what a non-western developed country looks like while living in South Korea and the differences are huge. The per capita of overweight/obese pales in comparison to my homeland of the US. The diet of an average Korean is mainly based on vegetables, less on grease and smaller portions at restaurants. It's interesting though to observe young Koreans as they are quite chubby and I can infer it's due to the environment. They generally sit and study from 8am to 10pm and snack similarly to a western. It will be curious to observe how South Korea's population will look in the next 20 years.

If there is another person living in another country, I would like to hear your observations on your culture.
c'tair
Well, Iiinvest, I've been to a few countries. Two of them for quite a few years - Poland and the US.

I will agree with you about the lethargic culture being present and bringing obesity to people. It seems like people in the US think about how they will be able to go home and plug into their TVs or computers. And the whole blame thing... I was the skinniest person at my job and all the others always called me "lucky" whilst I exercised 6 days a week and my work+commute+school took up around 60 horus of my day, meaning I was burning calories like crazy whereas they used every opportunity to stuff their faces with burgers or chicken.

As for Poland, it's different here. However, during that past 15 years things are slowly changing and Poland is following the path of Western countries. 15 years ago, stuff like meat, cheese and fish were quite expensive so people ate mostly carbs and loads of vegetables. Also, because of the costs of commuting, many people chose either walking or taking public transportation. Oh, and restaurants only offered home-style food. Now the food in Poland has gotten much cheaper and you have small restaurants popping up everywhere with burgers and fries and stuff like that. A good example that comes to mind - 15 years ago school organized field trips to the capital city and an important part of those trips (at least for the kids) was visiting a McDonalds. Nowadays, this has changed drastically as you can imagine.

It's really funny because most of my generation are still skinny, with the odd guy having a beer belly while kids <14 look like American kids as in they are round and play video games as much as possible.
deanhills
I agree with c'tair. Belly fat has a lot to do with lifestyle and sedentary living. I don't completely agree however that burgers are the culprit though. I've seen people living very active lifestyles, such as surfers chomping away burgers and sparkling with good health. I think if one leads a very active lifestyle in plenty of fresh air out doors and provided one does not overeat, that all food would metabolize in a healthy way. It's when one sits at home or in the office all day and consume those fatty burgers and fries that the real problems start. The metabolism slows down and fat builds up.

I've got to practice what I preach though. I've been sitting in front of my computer for too many hours with too little exercise for the last number of months. Time to get a little tough and self-disciplined.
Twisted Evil
iiinvest
You guys are correct. It is all about the lifestyle and the amount of exercise.

Right now, I'm training for a marathon in Nov (my 4th) and the amount of calories I expend each day is much more than the average sedentary person. My diet roughly consists of rice, fruits, meat, veggies and the occasional snacks here and there. I've been expending about an extra 3,800kilo calories a week which means I'm roughly losing a pound of fat a week (3,500kcal). 3,800kcal of exercise for me equals 25 miles of running and 30 miles of intense biking. Many people aren't familiar with the number of calories in a pound of fat let alone a kilogram of fat (7,716kcal!!!).

People just are confused when they see their weight on the scale and see that it fluctuates a few pounds in a span of a few days. Remember that our body is mainly water and we intake and outtake food and fluids through the day. A scale doesn't really help much with fluctuations in body weight.

(These are rough examples)
Slightly extreme sedentary person=
4,000kcal in - 2,000kcal maintenance out = +2,000kcal
Avg. runner=
2,000kcal in - 2,000kcal maintenance out - 700 = -700kcal

After a week:
Avg. sedentary gains 14,000kcal (gains four pounds)
Avg. runner loses 3,500kcal (lose one pound)

After a month:
Avg. sedentary gains 56,000kcal (gains 16 pounds)
Avg. runner loses 14,000kcal (loses 4 pounds)

After a year:
Avg. sedentary gains 672,000kcal (gains 192 pounds)
Avg. runner loses 168,000kcal (loses 48 pounds)

Now you can understand how some people can weigh more than 300+ pounds.
iiinvest
Just to clarify, outtake calorie maintenance is the amount of calories your body needs to function and maintain body weight. The example above is an extreme and the body adjusts to the amount of calories of intake if they have been consistently eating that much over time. Thus, the sedentary person wouldn't gain 192 pounds a year but roughly that much. The same goes for the runner, the body adjusts to the exercise expenditure and won't burn as many calories. That's why you will always hear trainers changing up the workout routine to shock the body.

Hopefully I've explained myself well and that I inspire at least one person to change up their lifestyle.
deanhills
Nice to put it into perspective iiinvest. I just hate to count calories like that though. But perhaps I should.

Great that you are so active though. I think that is key to my situation too. Less time on the Internet and more time moving about.
Very Happy
loremar
I think having a belly looks more natural. Have you seen any healthy animals that have skinny abdomen. Unless these animals are suffering from drought and famine, they should have some belly.
Too much effort on losing belly fat is a waste of time.
chatrack
Hi,

I think Yoga, and some hard (regular) exercise can make you belly feel better.
Doing jobs which involves hours of sitting, in chair with out any good movement is the
reason of excess belly.

Walk around your work place with no reason, after every half an hour of work.
Do some tough mechanical jobs, .. take it as an exercise.

Now Generation is having belly early in their life, just because of lack of exercise.
deanhills
loremar wrote:
I think having a belly looks more natural. Have you seen any healthy animals that have skinny abdomen. Unless these animals are suffering from drought and famine, they should have some belly.
Too much effort on losing belly fat is a waste of time.
I quite like the washboard type physiques, not the excessively body builder types, but just a sign of someone who works out quite regularly. I think it is natural to have a belly, but perhaps the thread was talking about those beer paunches that you often get to see where the belly is hanging over the trouser belt.
Very Happy
loremar
deanhills wrote:
I quite like the washboard type physiques, not the excessively body builder types, but just a sign of someone who works out quite regularly. I think it is natural to have a belly, but perhaps the thread was talking about those beer paunches that you often get to see where the belly is hanging over the trouser belt.
Very Happy

But this thread kinda reminds me of my own frustrations. Sad
c'tair
I also just remember a certain paper about health and fitness. In essence it said that people who are seen as "hard gainers" (people who seem to eat a lot but don't gain weight) are simply more active when it comes to the small things in life - such as walking, standing, fidgeting etc. After rethinking this, it seems like I prefer walking places or standing than sitting or riding.

There are also people who eat because it releases happy-chemicals into their brains. They simply enjoy it much more, but I believe this is a conditioned experience, meaning a person must condition their brain to work like this.

Nothing ain't genetic, unless a true disease.

Dean, what are you planning to take up? I've been doing a calisthenics routine since last September, 6 days of exercise and 1 day of rest. Feels really good, now I stopped for my vacation to just let my body rest and relax. Now I plan to take up Krav Maga upon my return home, that would be 3 days per week and I want to add some home calisthenic exercises for the other 2 days. That should keep me fit and feeling good until next summer Wink
deanhills
c'tair wrote:
Dean, what are you planning to take up? I've been doing a calisthenics routine since last September, 6 days of exercise and 1 day of rest. Feels really good, now I stopped for my vacation to just let my body rest and relax. Now I plan to take up Krav Maga upon my return home, that would be 3 days per week and I want to add some home calisthenic exercises for the other 2 days. That should keep me fit and feeling good until next summer Wink
Calisthenics are stretching exercises aren't they? I seem to recall that I read a book on it a few years back. Right now I'm planning to go for walks very early in the morning. As it is so hot here, early morning is the only time one can really move around outside. I'll start with slow stretching initially and then build on that.

What is Krav Maga? Very Happy
shivaghimire
For this we can take milk and honey and most useful is drinking lemon water daily in morning time.
c'tair
deanhills wrote:
c'tair wrote:
Calisthenics are stretching exercises aren't they? I seem to recall that I read a book on it a few years back. Right now I'm planning to go for walks very early in the morning. As it is so hot here, early morning is the only time one can really move around outside. I'll start with slow stretching initially and then build on that.

What is Krav Maga? Very Happy

Calisthenics is body weight based exercises. Stuff like push ups, pull ups, crunches... Except I did them with low repetitions and high stress, meaning I did stuff like weighted diamond push ups, one legged squats, weighted pull ups etc. Sure, I can't do 100 push ups, but damn I got stronger. I prefer calisthenics to the gym because I can do them almost anywhere I go.

And Krav Maga is an Israeli self-defense martial art. I have a gym like 5 minutes away from my home and I really wanna sign up because I wanna stay in shape and I wanna learn how to defend myself.
deanhills
c'tair wrote:
And Krav Maga is an Israeli self-defense martial art. I have a gym like 5 minutes away from my home and I really wanna sign up because I wanna stay in shape and I wanna learn how to defend myself.
Sounds like a wonderful idea. Both must be great for all the travels and high impact living you're planning.
Very Happy
driftingfe3s
There's no real way to target one area of your body. When you loose weight from exercise, you loose fat from all over your body, some places more or less than others depending on your genes.

Doing ab exercise only increase the definition in your abdomen, if you have abdomen fat it will not show though. The fastest way is to do a combination of weight lifting and cardio. Weight lifting will help build some muscle so that the metabolism goes up and cardio helps burn off the calories.

As some one said in this topic, easiest way is to count calories. I agree with this to an extent, since not all calories are equal. Some foods are quickly absorbed into the body, while others provide a slow steady absorption. Compounding this, some foods are nutrient rich while providing calories, others are empty calories. I think this is the reason that so many people have trouble with loosing weight. Overall if you stick with natural unprocessed foods, this is the best, and even better when coupled with good exercise.
desertmoonbookemporium
I agree with all the above. Also, on my personal note.....

My first step in losing belly fat was to "STOP DRINKING POP. SODA OR WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT"!! I'll call it bad for your midsection. Realize how many calories one would eliminate by just stopping pop. I replaced it with calorie free tea and water.

Just that alone gave me confidence and more willpower to keep on getting healthier. And I was a lifetime pop drinker. Also, I had so many food associations with pop. Like pizza. If I can't have a pop with pizza, I don't want pizza. If I can't have pop with popcorn, don't give me popcorn. Eventually, I think my personal food associatons will become lost and newer healthier ones will be formed.

After a couple of days, I immediately felt less bloated. Pop has carbonation which I think gives you that bloated feeling. Are carbonated drinks bad for you? Can anyone tell me how carbonation is not good for our bodies?
Michealleo
first of all focuse on ur diet plan and then do some cardio exercises like running , jogging , walking and cycling. these exercises are best for lossing some weight and for body fitness . drink more and more water and eat more fresh vegetables and fruits . BEst of luck
bukaida
Belly fats are common curse to modern lifestyle. People who tends to work most of the time on chair (Known as Potato couches like the IT professionals) are the worst sufferers. Exercise( like bench press for stomach) may help. The quickest solution is however the cosmetic surgery like lypo-suction. However it is very costly and not a permanent solution.
mengshi200
On terms of diet, I strongly suggest to eat corn and sweet potato every day.

My brother has a belly fat formerly.

He becomes average after adjusting to eat these food.

Also he looks very younger than the same age.

You can try.
mengshi200
It is a very easy way.

Also these food can supply many vitamin and make u younger.

(Tomorrow777)
myqute
I do not recommend sweet corn because it's just starches and sugar. Potatoes tend to be converted to sugar which is then converted to fat, especially if you eat a lot of it or starchy foods.

And for some people, no matter how much they exercise or if they are doing thousands of crunches a day, they still do not lose the belly fat. These people lack nutrients that actually tells the cells to "eat up" the fats.

A body detox done the right way + a boost in pro and pre biotics + 30 minutes of exercise a day + reduction of processed foods, milk, eggs and cheese (replace with fruits, vege, nuts, sesame seeds, flax seeds) can effectively reduce fat where it's most needed to be reduced.

Please consult a nutritionalist because the above recommendation varies from person to person depending on your current state of health. Many people think they're healthy when they are not.
carriewalt
These are many yoga aasnas and exercise which are very helpful to your for reducing belly fat. Do breathing yoga once in a day for 15 minutes you will definitely loss some belly fat. Drink lemon juice and green tea before morning walk, it is very good for keep your weight in average.
mshafiq
Cut down on fat intake ,fat doesn’t get converted into anything by the body except fat, so you will want to watch how much fat you are eating.

Cut down on mayonnaise, butter, vegetable oils, salad dressings, and high fat meat in general.
if you will do this you will see a difference very soon
Arena
Nice sharing...

I really love all that shared tips...
I want to share just 2 tips, which are more effective and useful for all of u...
1- Drink plenty of water
2- Do exercise on daily basis...
davidv
Funny I stumbled upon this post. There are so many ways to lose that belly fat but oh lawwrd, who has that time? Razz
Adley
You can lose the belly fat by doing aerobic dance. Aerobic dance burn the 130 calories of the body that is directly burn the belly fat of the body.
magnustoday
low fat low carb diet
regular cardio exercise
direct and indirect abdominal exercises