FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shooting stars in the English sky

The_unnamed_label
So last night as I was having a night walk with a friend we both saw a BIG and very long shooting star crossing the sky of Kent, for like 8 seconds... Ive never seen something like that before. mainly because usually they disappear as soon as you see them.
It was also particulary beautiful as you could see the light tail on a long distance.
And it was about 3:00am GMT!

I wonder if there was any specific astral event last night? let me know if you heard about it..
Josso
8 seconds? Wow... I hadn't heard of anyting, but sometimes it's just luck. I've been out some nights around that time and seen very long showers, I'd say almost an hour long - but yeah the burn time on that sounds fairly impressive.
The_unnamed_label
Josso wrote:
8 seconds? Wow... I hadn't heard of anyting, but sometimes it's just luck. I've been out some nights around that time and seen very long showers, I'd say almost an hour long - but yeah the burn time on that sounds fairly impressive.

My friend has been asking to a guy that runs an astronomy society in Kent, close to where I live and the man said 8/10 seconds must be what they call fireballs... which fits with how we described it... also they got few other reports for that night...

Ive been told its super rare to see one, so I'm quite happy!!!
yagnyavalkya
Shooting stars are nice to watch
The_unnamed_label
that is similar to what I have seen Smile

The_unnamed_label
The one on the right that is ^_^