FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google + is it really good?

Your experience about Google +
I haven't tested it yet, and plan not to do so
22%
 22%  [ 7 ]
I want to test it, but none has sent me an invitation
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
I tested it, but it's not big deal
25%
 25%  [ 8 ]
I tested it, and I loved it
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 31

iyepes
I recently tested Google + and I can tell I don't see the OH WOW that many people is talking about.

It's to me another spam source, since it never ask if I want to be added to anyone circle, they just do it without asking..... and think how many people can have a teacher's e-mail account..... hundreds indeed.

Lets see how this evolve. Have you tested it, what do you think so?
metalfreek
I have tested google+ and I am neither disappointed not excited about it. The interface is good and clean and I loved that but there is nothing new to be excited about.

It is in beta stage and I hope google+ will offer something new and exciting very soon. I am pretty hopeful that google+ will be next wow factor in internet.
LostOverThere
I currently have a Google+ account. It's less crap than Wave...

Honestly, I don't know if I really need another social networking site. There's a couple of decent features Plus has that the likes of Facebook don't, but honestly, I don't really have any incentive to use it considering all my friends are on Facebook/Twitter anyway.

Time will tell to see how it goes.
Asap170
There is a 50/50 chance that it will come out strong or weak. The reason being is that Facebook isn't secure what so ever and I believe there is too many 3rd party developers for games and stuff and they end up creating security holes in the system. So Google+ may get more people. Another reason why Google+ will do good is that Facebook is getting cluttered and too many business and games and adds and all of that crap. A reason why it may be week is that people don't want to switch from Facebook to Google+ because they might be too lazy or all of their friends are on Facebook. I haven't tested Google+, but I'm not a fan of it.
cybersa
I liked it.Smile
Gitesh
things which can stop Google+ from succeeding.,
-- Google+ dont have pages for business., so the fan pages are also out and no way any company is going to like it as it provides less chance for any business to propagate.,
Imagine your website which can pull traffic from the Facebook but not from g+.
--The color is not good enough., Blue is the preferred color for any successful social site.,
--Too much cluttered in terms of design and interface., i like facebook for the same.,
off course this are my personal views but this are the reasons i returned back to facebook again.
weableandbob
It's good, but it isn't anything special-I think Facebook won't be threatened in the least unless Google brings out something big.
morkal
"I tested it, but it's not big deal " what actually Google mean ?
chartcentral
Still being in beta stage, I like what I see so far. Easier to organize your friends through Circles (compared against Facebook's Lists), it has a clean interface and it encourages me to be more active in posting. It looks promising and I'm looking forward to the enhancements and improvements that are yet to come. Smile
kirii
it's kinda bored there..
less apps making it not fun,furthermore it looks very...i mean quite similar to Facebook
Ankhanu
Less apps is part of what's making it awesome. There's far less bullshit involved in Google+ which is a step in the right direction to distinguish it from Facebook (along with better privacy control), and has far fewer limitations than Twitter, which makes it more flexible. It's social media, not a game center Razz Social media is for keeping in touch with and informing people, not an entertainment center. Facebook has polluted people's minds concerning what social media is about.

Personally, I'm liking Google+ more than Twitter or Facebook, despite its Beta status. There are some features/functionality that it needs to implement (such as a group sort of feature, and business type accounts) to be fully functional, but, the service foundation is pretty solid. The mixture of privacy levels is really, really nice, and it integrates well with other Google services.

The mobile app for iPhone could use some work, however. Google+ would be a fantastic mobile service, bu the interface needs to be better developed. I've heard the Android app is decent, though. They'll also need to tackle an app for RIM devices too, which doesn't appear to be on the table.
nivinjoy
Gitesh wrote:

--The color is not good enough., Blue is the preferred color for any successful social site.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Are you serious..?? or simply joking..? What is there in a color mann..? It all matters about the services and new features. And Google has come up with new and attractive features. That's why its becoming a huge hit..
brianj
it WILL be good, big G got any resource they need to develop anything...
cnkele
It's good,and I like it.
SultanMA
the big differences between G+ and Facebook is circles.
Radar
Unless Google Plus goes properly mainstream, which is unlikely in the near future, I don't have any plans to go there. Not sure I feel the need to sign up to another social network unless I really have to.
LostOverThere
SultanMA wrote:
the big differences between G+ and Facebook is circles.

I don't understand this though, because you can achieve the exact same thing with Facebook as well. With Facebook - post an update, click customise and you can select who you want to see the update. Same deal.

The only difference is that Google+ publicises that feature a lot more.

Radar wrote:
Unless Google Plus goes properly mainstream, which is unlikely in the near future, I don't have any plans to go there. Not sure I feel the need to sign up to another social network unless I really have to.

This statement is probably a lot more representative of the general public than you think. People don't need a new social networking site.
deanhills
LostOverThere wrote:
This statement is probably a lot more representative of the general public than you think. People don't need a new social networking site.
I agree. But then when Google had made its inroads with e-mails when it first started it proved that one can be successful by doing the same thing differently rather than something different. If people climb on the Google + Bandwagon in the same way they had done with Google Mail, then it is probably going to go just one way. I for one hope people won't act like sheep as it can get very uncomfortable when Google gets too big and powerful. I think it is already there.
Very Happy
socials
I had tested Google + and I don't think is the big deal. It better facebook than that. I had not idea what circles means at the beginning.
iyepes
Read this study http://www.briansolis.com/2011/08/study-will-you-abandon-facebook-in-favor-of-google/ someone asked: Will You Abandon Facebook in Favor of Google+? to almost 2000 people and half said they will use both.

It seems that the general perception goes to not to replace Facebook.
emanuel2
I will stick to: don't wanna try. Fb is more than enough what i need at the moment, i really dont need any circles...
flamepjlh
iyepes wrote:
I recently tested Google + and I can tell I don't see the OH WOW that many people is talking about.

It's to me another spam source, since it never ask if I want to be added to anyone circle, they just do it without asking..... an think how many people can have a teacher's e-mail account..... hundreds indeed.

Lets see how this evolve. Have you tested it, what do you think so?

I don't think so. It's not so popular as facebook.                          

It's just for geeks.                     
Confused Confused
weltkarte
Google+ seem not be very popular at the moment. I see that every webpage adds the G+ functionality but most counters show 0 or maybe a 1. The reason why it is on many websites is the announcement that Google may use the votings for the ranking in the search results....... we will see what happen!
LostOverThere
deanhills wrote:
I agree. But then when Google had made its inroads with e-mails when it first started it proved that one can be successful by doing the same thing differently rather than something different. If people climb on the Google + Bandwagon in the same way they had done with Google Mail, then it is probably going to go just one way. I for one hope people won't act like sheep as it can get very uncomfortable when Google gets too big and powerful. I think it is already there.
Very Happy

That's a very good point. Although, Gmail succeeded based upon how stable, fast and smooth it was in comparison to other web mail services at the time. This is also, presumably, why Facebook managed to steal MySpace's market share. Google+ will probably have a hard job capturing market share in the same way, considering how solid Facebook's design really is.
xSteam
I must admin I'm not a big fan of Social Engines...
Just because Facebook is famous doesn't mean it is any better than other Social Engine. Facebook was just a great idea on the right time, that was the perfect combination for its success.
So, In my opinion, Google+ could have a change...
But in another hand, why bothering changing to another Social Engine? Facebook almost has dominated the world...
granvals
I think it twitter+4sq.My TWITTER @granvals,and follow somebody,unfollow...
softwarefreak
Everything coming from google is relly great! Very Happy
metalfreek
metalfreek wrote:
I have tested google+ and I am neither disappointed not excited about it. The interface is good and clean and I loved that but there is nothing new to be excited about.

It is in beta stage and I hope google+ will offer something new and exciting very soon. I am pretty hopeful that google+ will be next wow factor in internet.

So, I have changed my view a bit. I am starting to like google+ more. Its fun to be there. Played games for a while and I am really happy about the interface. Its so clean.

I haven't tested google + hangout yet but it definitely looks interesting.
celebi269
What I like about Google Plus is its privacy, it's very robust. I also like the UI because of its intuitiveness and its consistency to all the Google products.

Read my blog post about Google Plus.
Google’s Thoughtful Response to Facebook
Amann
Frankly speaking i personally dont like any social networking site. Even facebook is boring even tho is has new features every day. To some extent they are bearable other wise annoying . Spamming is another problem they is very common in Facebook.

Now coming to Google+ I seriously done know what google is up to first they acquired Orkut and failed in making it a better place and retaining it member now they are trying to come back with Google plus with no good enhancement nor an appealing interface. the only time i logged into a google+ is when i created the account. All in all Google+ is a complete waste.

I recommend not to waste time on Google+.....
iyepes
Four months later still not big deal. I do nothing with it, I just use gmail, docs, maps and talk as always, nothing to do with +. And yes, some people add me to their circles still, but i see no point in it.

Recently Google announced that buzz will be no longer available, will it happen to + too?
Zuex
Haven't tested it, I'm trying to keep as much information about me off the internet lol.
User_X
I'm in the
I want to test it, but none has sent me an invitation
group. Don't even know if you still need an invitation or not. I'll try it someday but I will do it on a plain Gmail account with no contacts in it for privacy reasons.

I believe Google is a huge database that's collecting, and always retaining it's info. For reasons I can't explain, I think of it as a new government. Data collecting for the new 1984
mukesh
google + is really well. I have about 1000 members now but this I am not using because in these days have no time.
GuidanceReader
I looked at Google +, but as it was in beta mode and not many people there, I found it pretty lame. I guess if it gains more popularity, I'll probably be a sheep and head on over there. I don't like that it doesn't have something along the lines of the FB Pages for the businesses though. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for FB pages.
miteY
Really, I believe Google did Google+ to compete with Facebook and not because of any special features.
They really don't want to lose their status
Chellesei
I have two Google+ accounts. I use both to see updates of some people in there. But I don't visit it frequently because my friends and family are still into Facebook and I can only communicate some in Google+ since only few people I know has an account here.

I like its features though. Very Happy