FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which scripting languages into CGI-Bin?

NitNik
Hi,
which scripting languages can i start through the "CGI-Bin"-Folder? Somethink like C(++) and .net or only Perl?

And if it's able to start C(++) or something else: Isn't this too much work for the server? I do not want to kill a frihost server...
Bondings
Normally only python and perl should work (that I know of).

Also, you don't need to specifically put them in the cgi-bin folder. All you need is to specify how to handle the files in a .htaccess file.

Something like this (I think) should work:
Code:
Options +ExecCGI
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
NitNik
Bondings wrote:

Also, you don't need to specifically put them in the cgi-bin folder. All you need is to specify how to handle the files in a .htaccess file.

Code:
Options +ExecCGI

Okay, thank you for the info. Smile
Actually I have the problem, that i can't install PPlog/SJPPlog or every other script: I ever got a "500"-Error. Do you know what the problem could be (i think it's a totally noob-problem, but i don't know what it is Confused )?
Bondings
NitNik wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Code:
Options +ExecCGI

Okay, thank you for the info. Smile
Actually I have the problem, that i can't install PPlog/SJPPlog or every other script: I ever got a "500"-Error. Do you know what the problem could be (i think it's a totally noob-problem, but i don't know what it is Confused )?

That's a server error, which could mean a lot of things. Maybe try to take a look at the error log (in DirectAdmin).

It could be that the file/directory permissions are wrong or that there is an error in the script/script header/.htaccess file.

Anyway, if you don't find the error, tell me which script it is and I'll take a look at it and try to fix it.
NitNik
Bondings wrote:

That's a server error, which could mean a lot of things. Maybe try to take a look at the error log (in DirectAdmin).

It could be that the file/directory permissions are wrong or that there is an error in the script/script header/.htaccess file.

Anyway, if you don't find the error, tell me which script it is and I'll take a look at it and try to fix it.

Okay. If i can't find the reasons behind the error i'll come to you and plea for help. Laughing