FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

First world problems

Nameless
I haven't dusted or vacuumed my bedroom for a while and today I saw an ant crawling over my desk! Where did it even come from? What am I supposed to do, just flick it off and hope that no more appear while I'm lying warm and sheltered on my sturdy bed?!

People are hacking an online video game I play, and now my choice of how to pass my abundance of free leisure time is being occasionally frustrated! Right after an interesting update!

I thought I'd save a couple of dollars by buying generic brand dried fruit, but it tastes bad without soaking it or something, and now I have to get through a whole kilo before I can buy the nicer brand again! UGH.

What are your first world problems?
Ankhanu
Nameless wrote:
... now my choice of how to pass my abundance of free leisure time is being occasionally frustrated!

This elicited an actual, literal LOL Smile

Nameless wrote:

I've used 4.5Gb of my 6Gb of monthly bandwidth on my cellphone so far... and my billing cycle doesn't tick over for another week and a half. I've gotta be careful how much data I move, else I get billed for data overage.

I ordered a new bass guitar on May 22; I didn't get it until July 7. Insufferable!!
Added on top of that, both my bass and guitar amp are at my friend's house, where we do our band practices and we weren't able to jam last weekend... so even though I have the bass, I still have no idea how it sounds through an amplifier! (Plays nicely though)
standready
Nameless wrote:

Finding funds to pay taxes!
watersoul
Having to legally declare my car off the road, keeping it in the yard until I can pay for the MOT (safety test) and annual road tax which both expired on the first of this month.

I can't really complain though as 'everywhere' is walking distance from my house, including the beach with my kayak over a shoulder Smile

...for me, first world life is pretty good, but I do sometimes feel guilty when I take advantage of it.
Nameless
watersoul wrote:
I can't really complain though as 'everywhere' is walking distance from my house, including the beach with my kayak over a shoulder Smile

You are doing first world problems WRONG. Here, watch this video and try again:

Ankhanu
Yeah, 1st World problems are generally super trivial.
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
Having to legally declare my car off the road, keeping it in the yard until I can pay for the MOT (safety test) and annual road tax which both expired on the first of this month.
I had to take my car for a test a month ago. Three days before I had a maintenance service and since it's a 10-year old car and presentation counts, had it properly cleaned as well and the AC topped up. So on the day of the test while driving to the test station noticed there was no AC. I still continued in a line-up of cars waiting our turn and as I was approaching my turn for the test, I noticed my overheating gauge was flashing like crazy. First time ever in the history of owning this car. I could not make a U-turn in the line-up so tried my luck. Explained to the mechanic that I'd had my car for service, it was overheating, showed him all my service papers. So then what happened was unbelievable. My car passed the test. Except I was told not to drive it until the overheating was seen to. I then parked the car in a parking area. It was still early, so thought I would complete the registration and then arrange for a tow truck to tow my car to the garage. The irony of it all! The verdict finally was a water pump that had expired and needed to be replaced. It shut down the AC. Probably one of the most expensive tests it turned out to be though. It took them about a week to find a water pump and there was plenty of labour involved in the fixing of it. BUT my car passed the test.
Hello_World
Sometimes my partner wants to check facebook on the laptop at the same time as me. I have to wait, its really annoying because the other computer is in a room which doesn't face the sun and I don't want to go in that dingy room.

The PS3 and the piano are in the same room and if we want to play at the same time we annoy each other.

If I want to eat healthy food I actually have to cook it.

I tried to sleep in this morning but the in-laws called at 11.

All the boxes of old stuff in the garage are making it hard to park both the cars in there at the same time.

That kid on the rap is funny as Smile
Insanity
Someone has been on reddit!

http://www.reddit.com/r/firstworldproblems
deanhills
Insanity wrote:
Someone has been on reddit!

http://www.reddit.com/r/firstworldproblems

Nice find. I also found a Website that is completely dedicated to the topic:
http://firstworldprobs.com/
Very Happy
watersoul
Nameless wrote:
watersoul wrote:

You are doing first world problems WRONG. Here, watch this video and try again:

[...]

Lol, yep, get it now, I'll try again...

My car is off the road at the moment so every day I have to walk past a Chinese Takeaway on my way home from work. It was difficult enough driving past, but now on foot, the smell seems to tempt me in every day.
...there is certainly a maximum number of plastic containers a man could ever need, wow, even my recycling bins are starting to overflow, I wish the council came more often than fortnightly.