FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are the people on TV real?

chasbeen
It's amazing how advanced computer graphics has become now in Computer games and of course it is a much higher qulity on TV and films (Because you do not have to have a CPU processing every aspect of the visual display)

What characters on television and film do you suspect are in fact not real and generated by the film or television company by third party psuedo people companies?
Ankhanu
I haven't been convinced that these guys are real... something seems... off.

watersoul
Ankhanu wrote:

Of course they're real Ankhanu, shame on you, any lack of faith in Ren & Stimpy is, well, bordering on Satanic! Razz
deanhills
chasbeen wrote:
It's amazing how advanced computer graphics has become now in Computer games and of course it is a much higher qulity on TV and films (Because you do not have to have a CPU processing every aspect of the visual display)

What characters on television and film do you suspect are in fact not real and generated by the film or television company by third party psuedo people companies?
Totally agreed. I've been wondering about this too from a different point of view. I have always had a beef about Hollywood actors and actresses making BILLIONS of dollars in revenue. Sort of out of whack with reality. But I was wondering whether with new technology that movie producers could create their own actors and actresses that are an improvement on the live ones. The anime ones are already an improvement Wink, but I'm thinking about real live characters.
chasbeen
I wonder how many years it will be before this is a real topic.
I suspect there will be more films with more and more realistic characters but will there then be a copywrite on the character when "it" becomes famous.
I'm going to ask this question again in 5 years.
Ankhanu
There already are copyrights on characters, even if portrayed by live actors.
Josso
To make it convincing it would be a lot of $$ ££ - maybe you should start looking at evidence videos.
standready
watersoul wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:

Of course they're real Ankhanu, shame on you, any lack of faith in Ren & Stimpy is, well, bordering on Satanic! Razz

Funny, funny!

I don't think there are any 'real' people on the telly! Scripted "reality" shows and pre-determined winners of 'contest' shows.
deanhills
standready wrote:
I don't think there are any 'real' people on the telly! Scripted "reality" shows and pre-determined winners of 'contest' shows.
Good point. All of it has to be a presentation of sorts.
Smile
chasbeen
I told you!

They are coming the pretend people!!!!

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/8hgd7x/www.ted.com/talks/paul_debevec_animates_a_photo_real_digital_face.html
loremar
You want proof that people in TV are not real?

http://www.smashinglists.com/15-stunning-3d-portraits-of-celebrities/

Yes. They're fooling us. They think that real people are too expensive and they wanted full control of the celebrity that's why they use 3D graphics instead. There's actually only about 16% of the people in TV that can be considered to be real. But whether they are robots or not is another question. hehehe Twisted Evil
efex
There is a lot that happens on TV considering the present day high-power computer graphics and photo tricks. Some people are real on TV despite the make-ups and attires but if you talk about the character they portray, hmmmmm........THEY ARE NOT REAL.
chasbeen
Actually loremar your not looking real in your picture either Very Happy
Ghost900
In a number of years I would say that people may start to be replaced by CGI as they can do live tracking of people and put on 3D skins over the characters as they did in Avatar and many other movies.

It will be some time before it can be completely done with CGI as we(the viewer) tends to recognize small things that don't look human as seen from the 2005 Final Fantasy movie where they had the character movements nearly perfect but just not 100%. Our mind accepts a cartoon character walking oddly as it is not meant to be real but when we see a real looking horse with a slightly odd walk it bothers us to some degree.