FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Roaming Siberian Cat

Should i keep it? Or should i leave the stray alone?
Leave stray alone
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Keep cat and bring to vet
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

KenzRxUrSx
There is this cat (i think its a siberian) roaming around my house and idk if it has an owner or not. i left food out for it a few times but it is out by our house ALL DAY and sometimes all night. and it might be lost cuz there are NEVER any roaming dogs or cats around our neighborhood. well i guess this is my question: I was thinking of trapping the cat in a cage and bringing it to a vet or something? What should i do? Question
deanhills
Looks as though the cat has adopted you. They do that sometimes. I guess you don't have a sprinkler system that you can activate when it's around as as far as I know cats down' like water. And of course feeding them is a sure thing to attract them to your house. Now if you put the food at your neighbour's house, it may change houses.
Twisted Evil
standready
That is up you. Catch the cat and see if it has tags. If not, do you want the cat an indoor pet or an outside amusement? As dean said it appears to have adopted your house.
ocalhoun
Do you want it or not?

If you don't want it, it's just a simple matter of calling animal control and having them catch it. If it doesn't have tags, it will probably then be sent to an animal shelter, and put up for adoption for a while. Probably nobody will adopt it and it will be killed.

If you do want it, try to approach it and see if it is tame. An escaped house-pet will make a good pet again, but a cat that was born wild will be very difficult to tame.
If it lets you approach very closely and pet it, simply pick it up and take it inside.
If it looks tame, but still avoids you, put out a trap like this one:

And put some cat food in it as bait.
(Hopefully you'll catch the cat, not a raccoon or neighbor's dog or something)
Once you've caught it, take it to a vet to get checked for diseases, given shots, given anti-flea stuff, and probably fixed.
Then, keep it inside for a while to make sure it is fully tame and used to you, so you could catch it by hand easily. It will also come to accept your house as 'home', and probably return there if it gets loose.
Finally, let it outside if you want it to be an outside cat (and put some tags on it!)
KenzRxUrSx
Quote:
Do you want it or not?

If you don't want it, it's just a simple matter of calling animal control and having them catch it. If it doesn't have tags, it will probably then be sent to an animal shelter, and put up for adoption for a while. Probably nobody will adopt it and it will be killed.

If you do want it, try to approach it and see if it is tame. An escaped house-pet will make a good pet again, but a cat that was born wild will be very difficult to tame.
If it lets you approach very closely and pet it, simply pick it up and take it inside.
If it looks tame, but still avoids you, put out a trap like this one:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks!!!! I will try it... but i think i will attempt to bring it to a vet and if its not chipped, then i will get it used to being around a house then bring it to a shelter. tysm for ur input!

Added quote tags - ocalhoun