FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Call Blocking

jwellsy
Despite being on the National-No-Call list we have been getting numerous calls everyday from spammers and scammers. I looked in the owners manual for a new Panasonic phone we got a few months ago and found out that it has a Call Blocking feature. From the caller ID you can save the 10 digit phone number as Blocked. When those numbers call the phone responds with a busy signal. So far I've only blocked 2 obviously bogus numbers and have not had another one yet.

If you're looking at getting a new phone, make sure it has a call blocking feature.
deanhills
I wish I could have this feature on my cell phone in the UAE. But no such luck. I'd like to block all incoming calls from Pakistan as I get those infrequently at all times of day and night. There seems to be some guys with bad intent there hitting on people all over the UAE trying to rope them in for scams. I answered the first call and was told they were from the local telephone services operator, Etisalat, and I won a prize. Since then I've made a point of not answering my phone unless I recognize who it is or it is a local landline number. But it would have been nice if I could block all calls from Pakistan. I believe some of my friends are also being targeted by scammers from African countries.
dan751
Kudos to screening calls before answering. I do that all the time with my phones, if I don't recognize the number I let it go to voice mail.

A couple other things you can consider:
1: Contacting your service provider and asking about a call privacy feature that will require any inbound calls to your phone to expose their number in order to reach you (they can't call you if it's a "private/unknown" number)
2: Asking your service provider about blocking inbound calls from specific countries, provinces ect...

Although it's not confirmed, it seems to me, from my own experience, when I placed my number on Do Not Call list, seemed like my number was placed on 50 more auto dialers. Wink
flamepjlh
jwellsy wrote:
Despite being on the National-No-Call list we have been getting numerous calls everyday from spammers and scammers. I looked in the owners manual for a new Panasonic phone we got a few months ago and found out that it has a Call Blocking feature. From the caller ID you can save the 10 digit phone number as Blocked. When those numbers call the phone responds with a busy signal. So far I've only blocked 2 obviously bogus numbers and have not had another one yet.

If you're looking at getting a new phone, make sure it has a call blocking feature.

A smart phone will do this job. This is simple.                            

You need to buy a new one. Choose a operating system that suits you.            

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil