FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

NEW project (Learn C++)

pirate
So, i already have a fair amount of knowledge when it comes to Perl, but i wanted to learn a language without any dependency's and so i was confused about if i should go for C or C++, and i have decided to go for C++.

It seems the most logical choice in my eyes just because there are far more tutorials for C++, it is a more used language.

Wish me luck, its going to be a long time before i achieve this.

I eventually want to program C++ Security.
Asap170
C++ is probably a good choice. Unlike me who went to C# with only knowing, HTML, PHP, CSS, JavaScript, Visual Basic. I am having a fairly hard time with C#. You should be fine. Good luck!
pirate
thank you very much, yer i was going to learn c# at one point but then i decided against as i wanted to know a none dependency language and so it was either C++ or C. I think it will definitely take me a long time to learn but it will be well worth it.
rajpk
hmm
C++ is good language
and in my thought its difficult to learn ..but if you learn c you can learn other languages very easily
and
C is like SEA... very vast and powerfull language
C is also mid level language
so advantage from both high and low level language
i think your decision is good but require you extra time
best of luck
goodbye
itianda
c++ is so difficult, I love c# and vb more.
D'Artagnan
my question is, is it worth learning C++ at a professional level,

sure its academically important, and with c++ you have the basis for other languages such as java , c# and object C.

I've made a few very fun experiments using allegro2d, and i highly recommend C as a first language because it gives you the quirks and habits of a good programmer, i didnt find it that hard, the separation of symbolic and semantic structures made my life easier ( { } instead of begin and end as in pascal...)

and i know my way around a C and C++ program fairly well...

Still but the number os choices and opportunities for a C++ programer in my area very very scarce and it seems that in most places this languages are slowly giving space to other languages.

C# is way diferent then C++, it's in the .Net stack and i the comparison is with Java
vidafenomenal
C++is nice. I like it too.
Hello_World
what do you mean by a non-dependency language?
Blaster
I took a class for college on C++... Very Boring if you ask me. We only learned how to make a calculater out of the computer.

Anyhow good luck with learning C++. I wish you luck and have fun with it.
mukesh
I know C ,C++ and but have some tittle knowledge. I can make small program by these.
oreogami
PHP's syntax is similar to C#'s syntax. If you know PHP well, you might be okay using C#. Personally, I never tried C#, but I do program in C++ and it's a pretty fun language to program in. Wink
mm365
C++ is good idea....
fuzzkaizer
Quote:

Wish me luck, its going to be a long time before i achieve this.

How much time do you give yourself to learn it?
Anyone, how much time do you need to learn C++, let's say, if you're working halftime?
ocalhoun
fuzzkaizer wrote:

Anyone, how much time do you need to learn C++, let's say, if you're working halftime?

That depends on how you're learning it, and maybe depends on how smart you are.

Learn it from a book or website, and the only limitation is your own capacity to learn.

Take a class on it, and it requires the time used in that class.
fuzzkaizer
Quote:

That depends on how you're learning it, and maybe depends on how smart you are.

Learn it from a book or website, and the only limitation is your own capacity to learn.

Take a class on it, and it requires the time used in that class.

Yes, and also depends on what you're already experienced with other languages etc.

Still, what's the effort to learn C++? Of course ones personal terms and conditions in doing so is apreciated, and of course i won't deduce nothing about anyones smartness, if it seems so long Very Happy
ocalhoun
I only learned the basics of C++, and did so over the course of a semester-long college class.
pauline123
C++ is a good language to learn, however every computer language has a an audience where it serves best and audiences where it tends to falter. It just depends on what kind of programmer you are and what you intend to do with it.

Overall, one language can be just as difficult to learn as any other or it can be wicked simple to grasp. That depends on the person and how they react to the language. Good luck with your learning.
hitose
C + + is fun though I was taught to work with C # and VB as well. Net, my projects are always simple calculator in C #, a capture system in C + + With Networking. Well simple things.
linux1993
Many applications are developed with C++, such as Chrome, Mysql. when it comes to tools to develop C++ gui apps, Qt is a very good choice..
ocalhoun
levon wrote:
no interested (@_@)

Thank you! I was really wondering if you were interested or not... I'm glad I know now.
inuyasha
linux1993 wrote:
Many applications are developed with C++, such as Chrome, Mysql. when it comes to tools to develop C++ gui apps, Qt is a very good choice..

I agree~
Qt is an open source cross-platform C++ GUI library, though it's not so popular as it was in the past years.
codemaster
C++ is kind of hard to learn but you'll get the hang of it. Some people may even give up on the language which is not the best choice. Some online simulators require c++. Alot of things these day run on things like c++ , html ,css, JavaScript. So don't give up on it but it is hard to learn.
tntr
After trying Python for a while I went back to C++ and is loving STL Containers/Algorithm! It's all about the syntax that makes you dizzy but when you can read it you'll love it.
abhinavm24
hmmm. C++ is a fairly easy language and added to its benefits it make you dwell to good programming habits.
It is the MOST used programming language in Google code Jam and has fair share of succesful submissions for the same.
C is like and old verison of c, slightly difficult in the syntax and has lesser reuable codes.
C# is an Windows specialized version of c++ or more appropriately java clone for windows with similarity to C++. Its .NET dependency is sometimes the reason for the begginers choosin C++ or Java.

So far i think C++ is the best of all languages talked of above, but it also depends on one target platform for codin likewise the choice varies.
May be,I answered your query.
Very Happy
Insanity
C++ is pretty easy to learn and it's pretty popular so you're bound to find a lot of support for it everywhere. I think when I took programming in college or high school, they taught us C++ first. It was either that or Java, which is strange. But I think it is relatively easy to pick up.
johans
rajpk wrote:
hmm
C++ is good language
and in my thought its difficult to learn ..but if you learn c you can learn other languages very easily
and
C is like SEA... very vast and powerfull language
C is also mid level language
so advantage from both high and low level language
i think your decision is good but require you extra time
best of luck
goodbye

I agree and i saw some posting that c++ is difficult and it is also true.. php is easy to developed.
ZeytinGrafik
c++ may be difficult but keep at it and you will start to like it. so not stray from your path.
mahirh
C++ is where intuition is taken and thrown out of the window. Best of luck.
codegeek
C++ is an awesome language! Especially for creating large projects, because the output program is faster than that of other languages like Python (not by much, but it multiplies when you multiply the complexity and size of the program). Moreover, the object-oriented model of programming will feel like home once you finish learning C++ and a do a few projects in it. It feels more like a way of thinking, because the next time you start coding anything, your brain automatically jumps into classes and objects type of thinking. I'm sure you'll enjoy learning this great language. Best of luck!
RikenAvadur
Good Luck and God Speed. I personally enjoy C++, but I had about four other languages under my belt when I first learned it, so it wasn't terribly frightening. I might've suggested C just for the nostalgia of it, but C++ will do you good, and it's still everywhere these days.

-Riken