FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Project-hosting on Frihost?

NitNik
Hi,
i would like to use Frihost as a project hosting (and a blog too, not only as a download bin Wink ).
Would it be allowed to put a fossil.cgi-version-control or a redmine on frihost? It would contain wiki, blog and such things, but .iso and .tar.gz-downloads, too.

Is such mixed usage on frihost ok, or are every downloads forbidden?
Peterssidan
I don't know anything about fossil.cgi-version-control or redmine but I know that a lot of frihost users use their hosting for blogs and wikis so it is allowed. As for downloads I think it is ok as long as you have the rights to distribute the files (you own the copyrights). I use tar.gz files without problems. For some reason they don't allow torrent files. mp3 files you need to ask for permission. Note that I am just a normal user so I might be wrong, better wait for a moderator to answer.
cybersa
I think this will help you.
Try this:
http://www.frihost.com/tos.php
NitNik
Peterssidan wrote:
I don't know anything about fossil.cgi-version-control or redmine but I know that a lot of frihost users use their hosting for blogs and wikis so it is allowed. As for downloads I think it is ok as long as you have the rights to distribute the files (you own the copyrights). I use tar.gz files without problems. For some reason they don't allow torrent files. mp3 files you need to ask for permission. Note that I am just a normal user so I might be wrong, better wait for a moderator to answer.

That's cool. Cool I'll handle it so, that i host wiki, blog and downloads on frihost but do mirrors on some one-click-filehosters to keep the traffic down.
I think i have the copyrights (i'm creating some cms-plugin-translations and puppy-derivates...if i'm not owning the copyrights on them...who has them? Laughing )

@cybersa: Thanks for the link. The TOS says nothing against my plan, so i think it's ok.

Thanks a lot for your help! Smile

(/solved)
Bondings
If you are legally allowed to distribute the .iso files (USA laws) then it is ok.