FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP Problem

cybersa
FTP sometimes not working.
Don't know why? Sad
I tried to connect FTP at different internet connection.
But failed.

Error:
Code:

[00:28:20] Connecting to 184.xxx.xxx.146 Port: 18
[00:28:28] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
[00:28:28] Client closed the connection.
pirate
what client are you using?

Also have you checked your connection, as it works absolutely fine with me.
cybersa
Now working well.
Sometimes not working for 1~2hours.
silverdown
FTP ports are usually Port "21" i think.
cybersa
But now it connecting well with port 18.
IceCreamTruck
cybersa wrote:
Error:
Code:
the target machine actively refused it.

Actively refused means bad password, and probably a few other reasons fall under this too. "Actively" refused the connection means communication was established, meaning you requested frihost.com and frihost.com responded disfavorably, or with the "not allowed" response.

Have you limited it down to only the internet connection has changed? Are you 100% certain that no other variables are coming into play (ie. typing password wrong). If the internet connection is the only thing that has changed then I suspect packet loss on the new data connection. This can cause some strange behavior like you are experiencing. This is where some of the data makes it through, but not all. Call it static or interference on the line.

Checking the equipment in the hops on the connection (network card, router, cables, and call your internet provider) but after you make sure this is the problem. You can test for packet loss with a more complex "ping" command. Open a command prompt and type "ping google.com -t" and ping will run forever until you hit "control+c". This is helpful if you are testing internet connection and/or checking to see if equipment goes down, reboots, or just to make sure it's always responding. Packet loss is receiving "request timed out" message inside other successful "Reply from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: bytes=32 time=xxx TTL=xxx"

Sometimes my internet connection at home goes bad, and I call my provider and they exact a fix to improve my connection. I'm good at finding problems and who needs to fix it -- it's also my career.
mostafarado
is open port 80 on this host?
ajans
To make an FTP connection you can use a standard Web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) or a dedicated FTP software program, referred to as an FTP ‘Client’.