FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the No.1 OS that many people use?

What is the No.1 OS that many people used?
Windows 7
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
Windows Vista
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Windows XP
40%
 40%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 20

bswarrior06

Sorry for Bad English!!
weltkarte
No 1 is Windows by far. As most PCs and Laptops are sold with that operation system it will remain No 1 for the upcoming years. Second maybe Apple and then Linux. My best guess.... It will be intersting to see how it will change!
NitNik
bswarrior06 wrote:

On home computers and companies is Windows the No.1 for sure.
Overall could be Linux as big as Windows: It's one of the most popular system on servers, smartphones and tablets (Android is Linux!).
iOS is looking bigger then they are. The IT-press speaks of them too often, it isn't such popular. iOS could be the most popular tablet system actually, but overall it hasn't a really big market share. iPhone and iOS are cool, but only the No.1 for app-writers.
BSD is an important os, too. FreeBSD and NetBSD are often used on servers, and MacOS (the basis of MacOS is Darwin, a BSD-based system) is the system behind the iMac- and Mac Pro-Computers.

I would rank:
1. Windows and Linux
2. BSD
3. iOS
4. Other
Fire Boar
Yeah, believe it or not nearly everyone uses Linux. It can power pretty much anything, so chances are you have some electronic device somewhere that contains a Linux kernel.
pogodabiskupiec
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64
weableandbob
I would say Windows 7, then Windows XP, then Vista (Most people I know who had Vista upgraded to 7 pretty quickly).
LostOverThere
Statistically, Windows XP is the most popular operating system. In terms of internet users, around 40% of people still use XP (despite it being a decade old!)

Source.
loremar
I'm using windows 7 but I think most people are using Windows XP because of the minimum system requirements and a lot of applications and games are compatible with it, I think.
morkal
my opinion is Windows XP
pirate
i use windows vista but it sucks, it kills memory
gh0stface
Well.. my desktop still utilizes Windows XP. I myself see no need to update to Windows 7 due to the fact that my current hardware (then top of the line) probably wouldn't be able to support it. Second of all, all I really do now is surf the internet, type up documents, and what not. So there isn't any need to upgrade.

My laptop that I recently purchased came pre-installed with Windows 7. It's nice looking, but I'm probably not taking advantage of the whole system capabilities.
kirii
definitely Windows 7 Very Happy
however,in terms of stability,i prefer Mac OSX
pirate
I use windows vista, although many people say it is bad, i have never had any problems and my pc runs perfectly fine with it.
socialsp
Surely windows 7 is being use for all users, including me, is awesome and fast. So far I been happy with it.
billlam
I won't take part in this poll because it didn't have linux Confused
tamilparks
Windows XP is the most users
Tonete
I prefer Mac OS X, but between W7,Vista & XP... I prefer XP because of the drivers,security and software compatibility.
chicanh
I vote for Windows 7, and hate Win Vista very very weighty.
meiz
For Windows XP. Wink Wink Wink
sysna
i think now the no.1 operating system is windows 7 , it comes preinstalled on every laptop and pc you buy these days (except the macs !) so i think it is the no.1 operating system.
chicanh
pirate wrote:
I use windows vista, although many people say it is bad, i have never had any problems and my pc runs perfectly fine with it.

Because you have had a strong computer, is it Razz[/img]
c'tair
Windows 7 on my main desktop and a Linux distro on my laptop.

Windows 7 is, in my opinion, the best product Microsoft has shipped. It's so stable, it's able to repair itself with pretty good success, it's versatile, it's safe. It's a really good general purpose OS for the average joe.

However, I use linux on my laptop for school/work related things, it's still safer and it's easier to customize it for a programmer.
ujjwalshrestha
92% of all computers are using Windows OS.
7% are installed with Apple and only 1% is Linux.

I saw this figure somewhere.
jcreus
ujjwalshrestha wrote:
92% of all computers are using Windows OS.
7% are installed with Apple and only 1% is Linux.

I saw this figure somewhere.

Yes, but it does not take into account non-desktop computers. Linux is used in all Android smartphones, for example, and also on many web servers. Windows' presence is minimal, AFAIK.
jdelfire
windows obviously they dominate the gaming development, software development, etc..
Linux is powerful indeed but not everyone can speak and undertsand its language...