FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the #1 Game 2011 ?

bswarrior06
What is the #1 Game 2011 ?
Please Post . i wanna try it. PLEASE Smile
Thanks In Advanced!
loremar
For wii, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword seems to be the most popular right now.
For xbox: Gears of War
For PS: Uncharted
For PC: The Witcher
Ghost900
Hmm, the number one game will be Elder Scrolls: Skyrim or Portal 2 I think. We have so many great games this year though.
dennisz
Settlers 3 Very Happy
rolandgill
Dead Space 2 as well. am great fan of this game.....
LostOverThere
Well, this year certainly isn't up yet, and most of the truly magnificent games are released just before the Christmas break, but as for what's been released, there's been a few crackers.

My personal favourite goes to Portal 2! Who knew Portal could do a story, and do it well. Smile
chartcentral
According to Gamecentral, their top video game of 2011 (as of midyear) is Child of Eden. You can check out their list here. Smile
rayxzero
I think Elders Scroll Skyrim for PC.
wombatrpgs
loremar wrote:
For wii, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword seems to be the most popular right now.
For xbox: Gears of War
For PS: Uncharted
For PC: The Witcher

Wait, hang on a second, Skyward Sword isn't released yet, is it? I wouldn't call it the greatest game of 2011 before it even launches, no matter how much hype there is.
loremar
wombatrpgs wrote:

Wait, hang on a second, Skyward Sword isn't released yet, is it? I wouldn't call it the greatest game of 2011 before it even launches, no matter how much hype there is.

Going to be released on november or december so it's good as the best of 2011 and the best of 2012. No wii game can top a Zelda. It's THE Legend!!!
Dementei
Go to this thread for a formal list of 2011 games.
wombatrpgs
loremar wrote:

Going to be released on november or december so it's good as the best of 2011 and the best of 2012. No wii game can top a Zelda. It's THE Legend!!!

People like you are the reason we have a thousand sequels.
catscratches
^ It appears everyone in this thread is...

Quote:
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Quote:
Portal 2

Quote:
Settlers 3

Quote:
Dead Space 2
Josso
Er, Diablo III let's hope
weableandbob
From what I've played, probably Portal 2. From what's coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Battlefield 3 or Deus Ex Human Revolution (so excited for both!)
drunkenkoz
Skyrim and Diablo III are taking the top games of 2011.
wombatrpgs
catscratches wrote:
^ It appears everyone in this thread is...

Well, there's a difference between anticipating a sequel because it looks like a good game and anticipating a sequel simply because it's a sequel. Hopefully there should be some thought behind it, like if a sequel looked awful, would you still feel obligated to buy it?

The "tons of sequels" problem itself is a different issue altogether... and a kind of depressing one.
achowles
I'm still undecided between the Witcher 2 and Portal 2. I suppose Portal 2 is the more polished and less annoying game. But it lacks a lot of the richness, depth and character that the Witcher 2 has.

But still, they're both from different genres, so there's no reason why they're not both games of the year in their respective genres.