FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any Suggestions? Please read & answer!

Ryox
Do you have any idea's or suggestions what I should do?

My mom boyfriend comes home drunk, me and my mother were living with him for 8 Years. He is currently supporting us as I can't get a job to get a source of income and my mom can't work due to her teeth.

I just don't know what to do. My mom loves him but she is getting tired of his crap. We don't know what to do anymore. We don't have a income to live anywhere. ):

I did recently graduate and I've been trying my hardest to get a job but It's just really hard in this economy. :/

I am just not sure anymore guys. I am tired of it but I am always hiding in my room to ignore his-self. I don't like him when he is drunk. Just not sure anymore, I just lost my ex back in 2009 and I can't stand his shit because it makes me more depressed. My ex got shot (drive-by) just can't handle his shit anymore.

EDIT: when he sleeps it off, he is fine and he does not yell or get angry but when hes drunk he does. My mom loves him when he is not drunk.
Afaceinthematrix
It's hard to get advice online for this type of thing for several reasons:

1) You are most likely not going to come in contact with a professional counselor which is what is needed for a situation like this

2) Every person and every situation is different and so you really need people who can observe and learn more about the home situation to get advice from

The best thing to do is probably to seek professional counseling and help to see if you can possibly get him help for his alcoholism. If he is fine sober, then help him sober his life up. It is quite possible, and probably probable, that he does not want help. That is where the main challenge comes from.

My best advice to you is to try your hardest to focus on your life and better your life. Increase your eduction if you can and want; try to get any job and work your way up (or at least build up your resume). You have no chance of helping your mother if you cannot help yourself.
Josso
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
1) You are most likely not going to come in contact with a professional counselor which is what is needed for a situation like this

2) Every person and every situation is different and so you really need people who can observe and learn more about the home situation to get advice from

Opinion: Have you tried talking directly to him about it? Try putting it in a passive way so if he gets annoyed it's 100% his fault.
Bluedoll
This may help or it may not. Depending on the severity of the drunkenness (what happens) is how you should be reacting to it. Try considering acute alcoholism a disease. Remember that moderate consumption is a stress relief and often socially acceptable but it is only temporary solution. Think of a person in a drunken state as ‘out of thier mind’ and not themselves sometimes even not having memory of events.

Do’s

Get help, seek advice and council, not just for him but about how you should handle this problem

Continue to avoid him in these states, as this bothers you

Only communicate a problem when they are sober (some things are best said when the head does hurt, other things are not) choose the best time.

Don’t

Do not confront people when they are drunk unless their is a pending danger.
Ryox
The only thing I can think of is to get professional help, but whenever someone comes into this house without his knowledge he gets pissed about it.

@ Others, I just got my high school diploma the 16th of June and I've been trying to find a job here since I got here, 25,000 students are out of school and only 5,000 jobs avaiable .-.

It rather sucks that this dang economy sucks so badly. My chances of moving are more slim on finding a job than one that is in one place. Only if I could get my licence I could just do anything that I want -.-
Greatking
Try and confront him when he is sober, and make sure you do not do it alone. Preferably do so with the consent of your mother and in her presence.

Then you can take it from there.

And one more thing; pray for him and thank God for his life.
chic4u03
speak kindly when he is sober....explain all to him..