FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Pandora is psychic! :)

IceCreamTruck
Pandora is psychic! Smile I know they did a whole bunch of programming to make it do a good job of knowing what kind of music you like, but here's my proof:

I created a radio station that I labelled only one band... cake. Pandora calls it "Cake Radio" and they started off by playing a few songs from Cake which I clicked that I liked each one. Here's what blew me away... after a few moments it played Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden which is effectively not like cake at all. How did Pandora know I like this song? Ideas? Random?

I needed to hear this song... it's made a bad day at work tolerable, so thanks Pandora for being excellent! Smile
Josso
I know, not only is the taste functions programmed well (maybe better than last.fm actually) a few years ago it showed me some awesome tracks (I was surprised... I am picky), I a few albums because of pandora and YOU CAN NOT FIND THESE TRACKS I'm talking almost white label degrees of rarity - I was impressed.
gverutes
they have an algorithm -- it's pretty sweet. though sometimes i have to skip a few times.