FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which Low-Res-WM for Slackware? *box, jwm or lwm?

Which Low-Res-WM would you prefer?
lwm (light wm, not lars wm)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
jwm (joe's wm)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Blastr
Hi Guys,
actually i'm trying Slackware - not easy to use, but fast, stable, puristic and without a big concern in it's back (not like this Oracle-OOo-Libreoffice-problem...).

My problem is, that i'm not sure which Window Manager i should use. I want a WM with less hardware requirements and not too much functions (even XFCE and LXDE are to fat for me), but with supported themes and plugins/addons/hacks/whatever to extend the WM like i want. Actually i'm looking for the *box-WM's (like OpenBox), joe's wm and lwm. Which WM would you prefer? ^^ I'm actually not a real linux-pro, so i would like some help with my decision. Smile

Greetz, blastr.
Fire Boar
I used OpenBox for a good long while and it served me well. Needs a good deal of messing about with configuration files up front, but worthwhile for a totally uncluttered desktop and a minimalistic simple but stylish feel.
Blastr
Fire Boar wrote:
I used OpenBox for a good long while and it served me well. Needs a good deal of messing about with configuration files up front, but worthwhile for a totally uncluttered desktop and a minimalistic simple but stylish feel.

I have no problem with configuration files, i'm trying this linux installation only just for learning.
(Actually i'm switching to SliTaz, but the question is the same).
Do you know the differences between fluxbox and openbox? Looks like they are the same in the most parts.... Eh?
Anyway, i will try OpenBox out, thank you. Smile

Greetz, Blastr