FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Using TinyMCE with ASP.NET

modak
I'm trying to use TinyMCE with ASP.NET. Problem is, I couldn't find much information on this. I'm trying on a small app. with an ASP text box, a submit button and a label. Without putting in any tinyMCE stuff into this webapp, it runs properly (the submit button, when clicked, causes the text of the label to be set the same as the text in the text box). But whenever I put in the TinyMCE code (very basic example given in the Installation instructions) I find that Visual Studio chokes on the tinyMCE.init line and says it is undefined.

Can anyone please show me the correct way ?

Thanks
modak
Oh ! I forgot to mention, I installed tinyMCE by unzipping the code and copying over the jscript directory to the bin folder of the app directory. The layout is like this :

Inetpub\mcetes\bin\jscript\tiny_mce
modak
Ok, it looks like tiny MCE didn't work because I put it inside the bin folder. Putting it in a separate folder works ok.

But I'm facing a new problem : I'm trying to construct a story submission page where there will be a text entry for the subject at the top, then a textarea for the content below it and finally a Submit button and a Cancel button. However, using the normal
Code:
mode : "textareas"
results in the tiny MCE area overlapping with the Subject textentry. Any other mode does not display the tinyMCE editor but only a gray textarea.

I'm using Gridlayout in Visual Studio.net.

Any tips ? Will switching to Flowlayout help ?
modak
Another problem. I'm using GridLayout in ASP.NET. I'm trying to design a page for entering articles that will be stored in a database. The page has a textentry for the subject, a textarea for the content, a Submit and a Cancel button. TinyMCE is being used for the textarea.

When I disable tinyMCE, everything shows up just fine. When I enable tinyMCE, the tinyMCE editor overlaps with the subject textentry above it. Is it something to do with the layout, Can anyone help me out ?

I'm using Visual Studio.Net