FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Minecraft Server

Asap170
Alright well recently I got Minecraft and got my own server up and running. Now I am trying to find people to join it. I haven't been too successful on that part. So if you want to be a member on my server then please send me a Private Message, Email, IM, Reply here. Do something!

The server will be up 24/7 expect for the once a month server restart and if there is an add-on that I like to add. But that will only be a few minutes of down time. There shouldn't also be no lag. I haven't tested it with more than 1 player though. I will be on most of the time if I get other people to play with. I am not looking for any ops. I have one. She has yet to log onto my Minecraft server.

Also I am always open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Blake
kacsababa
It could be hard, because of the nature of the game you have to somehow earn the trust of people.
Basicly there are a lot of servers just coming and going and it is really bad when a few people start something big and the server goes away.

People expect the server to...
...not be laggy (much).
...up 24x7.
...not disappearing in a few weeks.
...most of the time supervised by OPs.
...appeal in gameplay, for example some like a pure, vanilla server, others like some/alot of plugins.

Myself I'm already playing on a server and don't plan on wasting even more time on the game. Very Happy

So my advise to write a little more detail. Smile
Asap170
I revised the post.
zero557
I would be interested in joining, as I am an avid lover of Minecraft and I'm willing to try out any server there is! ^_^
weableandbob
Sounds interesting, although I already run my own server for a few friends, so I don't think I'll be joining yours.
drunkenkoz
PM me the IP to your server and I'll give it a try.
Asap170
Just a note to anyone reading this. The Minecraft server is still running it's not just something I thought of doing and that. People who replied and ask for the url I gave it to them. So don't think because I am not responding here that it means this is a dead forum. Which it is not.

Feel free to post!
drunkenkoz
I received the IP to the server via PM and going to check it out once I get the time. Hope you got some interesting projects taking part on this server.
Asap170
drunkenkoz wrote:
I received the IP to the server via PM and going to check it out once I get the time. Hope you got some interesting projects taking part on this server.

I got projects that I have started which is gonna be a lot of hard work. Have some other plans, but we shall see what happens.
drunkenkoz
Asap170 wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

I got projects that I have started which is gonna be a lot of hard work. Have some other plans, but we shall see what happens.

Well I might participate in some of these projects of yours. I'm an experienced builder on minecraft and have been in many big projects such as broville.
Josso
drunkenkoz wrote:
...and have been in many big projects such as broville.

Oh really? How many people worked on that... I really liked it.
Bobman279
Asap170 wrote:
Alright well recently I got Minecraft and got my own server up and running. Now I am trying to find people to join it. I haven't been too successful on that part. So if you want to be a member on my server then please send me a Private Message, Email, IM, Reply here. Do something!

The server will be up 24/7 expect for the once a month server restart and if there is an add-on that I like to add. But that will only be a few minutes of down time. There shouldn't also be no lag. I haven't tested it with more than 1 player though. I will be on most of the time if I get other people to play with. I am not looking for any ops. I have one. She has yet to log onto my Minecraft server.

Also I am always open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Blake

How did you make your sever 24/7 i would like to make mine 24/7
Asap170
Well I have my own server which runs 24/7 and that runs Ubuntu then I have a vm of XP and that is where my server for minecraft runs at. the only time it goes down is monthly updates or power outages so it's up most of the time. If not it would be up again in a few minutes.
drunkenkoz
What happened to the server? It hasn't been up in a couple of days.
Asap170
Correction. my server has been up, but I changed to the ip and not the original thing that I gave you because there was lag since it was sort of looping and that. I sent you another pm with the ip.

Anyone willing to join the server please contact me I really want more people on here.
alimuhieddine
I want to buy the game because the best way to play minecraft is to buy it. There are a lot of new features like airplane pvp or pvp wars.
drunkenkoz
Is this server even active anymore? If so let me know.