FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

No Internet ACCess

rjraaz
Last few days i am facing a Problem in my Lan network

I have connected three PCS through Hub to Modem + Router.

My problem is that whenever a PC in Switched ON or OFF Internet connectivity goes or No Internet Access untill i switched ON my Modem + Router.

Any Suggestion to over come this problem.
Asap170
If the three computers are close enough to the router and your router has enough Ethernet ports then you really don't need a hub. If not then I would try to narrow down the problem and take two computers and put it on the router and no hub and try to cause the problem again. If nothing happens then it's the Hub that is the issue. Hope that helps.
rjraaz
Asap170 wrote:
If the three computers are close enough to the router and your router has enough Ethernet ports then you really don't need a hub. If not then I would try to narrow down the problem and take two computers and put it on the router and no hub and try to cause the problem again. If nothing happens then it's the Hub that is the issue. Hope that helps.

Unfortunately I have Only one Ethernet Port on My Router.
Asap170
Ah. That's not good. Hmm. I would try to check the settings on the hub. Or buy a better router.
rjraaz
Asap170 wrote:
Ah. That's not good. Hmm. I would try to check the settings on the hub. Or buy a better router.

Is that problem caused by cross wire configuration, One of my PC connected using cross wired Cable and other two are straight.
Asap170
There is a good possibility because when you turn that computer off it may kill your session on the hub thus killing your other computer.
Marcuzzo
rjraaz wrote:
Asap170 wrote:

Is that problem caused by cross wire configuration, One of my PC connected using cross wired Cable and other two are straight.

you should use straight cables when connecting to a hub.
I have a similar setup at home and I never had this type of issue.

modem --> (router) ---> PC1
---> PC2
---> xbox

you should only use crossed cables when you are connecting 2 devices of the same type: router-router, pc-pc, hub-hub, ect..

if you use 3 straight cables and you still loose connectivity you might want to get a cheap router, 3 years ago I bought this 25 D-link router and it still works Wink
Aredon
I would definitely stay clear of using cross cables, that's probably causing your trouble.
sonam
I have quite similar problem in India when I have cross linked computers. After some time session will drop out without any reason and second computer will loose connection.

Sonam
rjraaz
sonam wrote:
I have quite similar problem in India when I have cross linked computers. After some time session will drop out without any reason and second computer will loose connection.

Sonam

Then what did you do to overcome this problem. Any solution that you want to share.
sonam
rjraaz wrote:
sonam wrote:

Sonam

Then what did you do to overcome this problem. Any solution that you want to share.

Actually nothing, I was try lot of thing. Download lot of tutorials, KB's from Microsoft but without any results. On the end I am change a country! Now I have two LAN and unlimited wireless connections with speedtouch.

BTW I think if you have hub with three LAN's then, like Marcuzzo wrote, use three direct cables.

Sonam