FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Virtual graphics card.

Adiiforu
This software lets you create a virtual graphics card.
So if you have big ram and no gfx than you can allocate some of your memory as gfx card and run games which needs graphics cards.

There is support on this page http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/index.php

Also its free.

Thanks and I hope I've helped you.
mahirh
unfortunately, it isnt as powerful as the real thing (GPU is superior to CPU) and it doesnt support major games like GTA IV which work on dependencies
rayxzero
Yes GPU is a special processor that only computes for graphics but also with the support of CPU speed makes it powerful to play like GTA IV, ELDERS SCROll.
wombatrpgs
Wait, so does this supplement an existing GPU or create a new one just from CPU?
Dementei
wombatrpgs wrote:
Wait, so does this supplement an existing GPU or create a new one just from CPU?

Supplement.
The thread should be called Increase Virtual Memory.
Ghost900
Ya it could help expand your memory if you have a weaker GPU or an on-board GPU.
Arty
It's not even close to having an actual graphics card.
brianj
Well, worth to take a look if you run an old notebook like me.
achowles
This seems little different to the so called on board graphics chips. All those things do is take resources from the CPU and RAM and use them for graphics processing.

I just don't really see the point in this. If someone has a large amount of RAM and a good CPU then why on Earth would they completely lack something they could buy for less than 30? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Radar
It ultimately sounds like one of those things that you would do because you could, rather than because it had a serious benefit.
wombatrpgs
Radar wrote:
It ultimately sounds like one of those things that you would do because you could, rather than because it had a serious benefit.

That can be fun in its own right though.