FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wish to have a Chinese language forum!

abssky
I am a Chinese, want to have a Chinese language sub-forum. You can not discriminate against Chinese people!
truespeed
If one isn't included its won't be for discrimination purposes,only practicality,all forums need moderation,if they can't get reliable Chinese moderators then there won't be no forum,also there may not be a demand for it,and if theres no demand there will be no forum.
sonam
truespeed wrote:
If one isn't included its won't be for discrimination purposes,only practicality,all forums need moderation,if they can't get reliable Chinese moderators then there won't be no forum,also there may not be a demand for it,and if theres no demand there will be no forum.

Right, absolutely agree with truespeed. I am here from 19 Sep 2005, have near to 1500 posts and still haven't Croatian forum Rolling Eyes All this years I haven't any feeling how I am discriminated from any member.

Sonam
Asap170
It wouldn't be discrimination against the Chinese language if we did't have a forum for it because there needs to be enough users to have it and then you a moderator for that forum. But if only 10 people are going to use it there really is no point.
Josso
Yeah and wheres this British subforum I've been asking for 5 years about, come on get it together Frihost.
abssky
I'm sorry, I was too excited
Helios
Language forums are opened according to the number of foreign visitors this site has.
For example there's a whole Dutch category of forums because there are many Dutch speaking visitors in FriHost.

This data is being gathered and monitored by Bondings, as far as I know, and he's the one opening new forums here.
I'm sure that if there were enough Chinese users and visitors he'd open a Chinese forum, but I guess there aren't.

Finding a moderator is another case, but it's a valid point nevertheless since it's often very hard to find a good language mod...

Josso, we'll never have a British forum! Never Twisted Evil
deanhills
Helios wrote:
Josso, we'll never have a British forum! Never Twisted Evil
Thank goodness for that! What a relief! Phew .... Cool
Josso
Crying or Very sad

What you got no love for your ancestors?

Razz

*ohhhhhhhhhhhh*
deanhills
Josso wrote:
Crying or Very sad

What you got no love for your ancestors?

Razz

*ohhhhhhhhhhhh*
They're family, I know them too well .... Twisted Evil
mengshi200
Chinese language sub-forum can absorb a lot of new chinese user,hehe.after all,Chinese language is very different with English ,spanish and so on.
kirii
i believe there is quite a number of members here who can speak/write/read chinese although they are not from China.
I'm one of them,I'm from Malaysia but i'm a chinese,my ancestors were from china.It's kinda hard for me to explain here because it was related to history of the world.Hence I can speak chinese. Smile
The same goes to chinese in Indonesia,Thailand,Singapore,or even Philippines

If a chinese forum can be opened,i think it will be a good start for Frihost to attack china users
truespeed
kirii wrote:

If a chinese forum can be opened,i think it will be a good start for Frihost to attack china users

Ok lets do that.
kirii
truespeed wrote:
kirii wrote:

Ok lets do that.

sorry typo error Embarassed
should be "attract" Rolling Eyes
loremar
I've seen quite a lot of Filipino users here but no Filipino sub-forum. It would be nice If we have a sub-forum to talk about Philippine current events and politics in the comfort of our own language.

I also see some Indians here but no Hindi sub-forum. Is it just me or the language forums is just for western countries. Frihost doesn't seem to care about Asians. I don't want to say it's discrimination but it seems like it is. Sad
Bikerman
Sorry people, we really can't consider another language forum at the moment. We are finding it difficult enough to recruit suitable moderators for the existing forums, let alone consider a new one at this time.

Maybe when the current round of changes are finished it is something that can be considered again, but for the moment I'm afraid not.

Bikerman
Mod