FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

* Hackintosh on Acer Aspire 5738G

ankur209
I'm a windows user and is using windows since childhood !!
Now,being a techy user on these forums made me inclined to install Macintosh on my Acer 5738G which actually came out with pre-installed Windows 7 !!

But i want Macintosh to install (or if dual boot with windows is possible) but is unable to do it as don't know the procedure...!!

I'm having a dmg file [snowleopard_10a432_userdvd.dmg] of the Mac OS ( approx 6 GB) !! But can't read it on Windows..!!
I want it to install using USB Drive (as my DVD drive is not working)...!!

So,anyone help me out ...

My Laptop Specification is :
Intel Core 2 Duo processor T6600
adri
If you didn't pay for it, you're doing something ILLEGAL. I will not go through the trouble to start a discussion if what you are doing is legal if you did buy an official OS X disc but in each way what you are doing is something that is not supposed to be done. Mac OS X is build to be used on Apple hardware and not on pc's.

adri
FunDa
On the other hand, assuming you got it legally, here is a LifeHacker guide to make a Hackintosh.

Go through the guide to see if you have everything you need, and Hackintosh away Smile

http://lifehacker.com/5815715/how-to-build-a-hackintosh-mini-for-less-than-600

Quote:

Here's what you'll need:

Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3 Motherboard $104.99
Intel Core i3 Processor i3-540 3.06GHz 4MB LGA1156 CPU $110.00
ZOTAC nVidia GeForce GT240 512 MB DDR3 DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card $84.99
2x2GB Corsair PC3-10666 1333Mhz Dual Chanel 240-pin DDR3 Desktop RAM $43.99
Western Digital 1TB SATA III 7200 RPM 32MB Cache Desktop Hard Drive $59.99
SilverStone SG05BB-450 ALL Black Plastic/SECC Mini-ITX Computer Case with SFX 450W 80+ Bronze Certified/Single +12V rail Power Supply $119.99
Sony Optiarc 8X SATA DVD+/-RW Slim Drive $34.99
StarTech.com MCSATAADAP Micro SATA to SATA Adapter Cable with Power $11.71
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard $29.00
OPTIONAL: OCZ Agility 120GB SSD $199.99 (note: this is optional and not included in the total cost of the machine)
Note: If you're like me and don't need an optical drive, don't try to build this machine without one. You need an internal optical drive or you will not be able to complete the entire process.

Another note: The VGA port on your video card isn't going to work. DVI and HDMI will work just fine, but don't plug anything in to the VGA port or you will be disappointed.

Total cost: $599.65

Once you've got all the hardware in hand, you'll need to assemble your computer. Building a Hackintosh isn't any different than building a regular PC. You'll need to mount the motherboard to your case, install all the components listed above, and plug in all the necessary cables. If you're not sure of anything, read the manual for the motherboard. It's worth noting that the GA-H55N (the motherboard used in this build) uses some less-than-usual names when labeling everything, but you won't have any trouble figuring out what's what. If you're new(-ish) to the computer building process, have a look at our guide to building a computer from scratch.

Once you've finished putting it all together, turn on the machine and make sure you see your BIOS screen, which will include its firmware version (3, 4, or 5). Write down the firmware version now. You will need it later. If everything looks good, it's time to start hackintoshing.

Installing Mac OS X 10.6

Now we need to install OS X, which is where things get a little trickier and much more specific. Read these instructions carefully and follow them in the exact order they are written. If you do something out of order you may have to start again from scratch. With that in mind, here's what you're going to need for a successful installation:

A Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Install DVD (the same one you'd buy from Apple for a real Mac)
iBoot (which you get from tonymacx86, but you'll need to register for the forums in order to download it)
MultiBeast 3.1.0 or later (also from tonymacx86, and also requires forum registration for download)
Mac OS X 10.6.8 Combo Update (direct download from Apple)
Lnx2Mac's Realtek 81XX Installer (so your Ethernet card will work)
The relevant DSDT file for the GA-H55N motherboard

P.S. Let me know if it works well Cool
gctpoy
www.hackintosh-india.com
menino
This is nice. Especially for people who are already stuck with a cheaper hardware and still want to run the MAC OS.
My friend tried this about 3 years ago on his Dell laptop, and the only issue he had was the mouse, which he could get working only by installing an external keyboard.
He abandoned the project after some time.
Still, it would be nice to have a mac os as well, although I think it would be preferred to have the actual MAC hardware as the components on it are of higher quality and performance than the regular branded PC's, except probably for alienware hardware.