FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


.tk?





deanhills
Has anyone had experience with a .tk domain? I'd like to hear their views and how .tk compares with .co.cc, etc.? Very Happy
cybersa
I had .tk domain.
I like it.
But many web service consider this as spam website.
Don't know why?
TafficSwarm will not accept .tk domain.

But i like it when compared to co.cc
Because co.cc is only free for 2 year.
adri
Why is it considered to be a spam website? Easy answer, because it is free, it attracts n00bs that are just starting and don't won't to give any money in making a website. Therefor, those people make not so well coded and looking websites with too much ads. (Because all n00bs are just in for the money and not for something else.) Which causes websites to be low quality and therefor spam like, I'm not saying that they are spam. Razz


By the way deanhills, you have coins for 8 .com domains. Wink



adri
nivinjoy
The thing out of this that when you have a .tk domain everyone thinks about the website to be free hosted and the first impression is turned down to a low key. The service had started as a URL shortening service and later on they shifted themselves as a domain pointing service. One of the best thing is that there is need of sign up i think, because last day i got a new domain redirection as www.alphonsanagar.tk and they didn't demand for any sign up and not even for an Email id..
jmlworld
Both .co.cc and .tk are target for spammers and law-life people who consistently abuse the free service.

.CO.CC: I didn't use it, but it seems that Panda has decided to remove all .co.cc domains from its index and Google will not crawl it even if the content of the website is useful.

.TK: I've registered few domain names with the same name of my real domains to prevent it to be used for nefarious reasons, but I don't use it either. The only thing I know about them is that they'll remove the domain name if it doesn't receive 25 hits every 90 days.
ogah
i have .tk domain that have pagerank 2
pirate
personally i dont like .tk, it has never really worked how id of liked but still better than .co.cc
mahirh
cybersa wrote:

Because co.cc is only free for 2 year.

wrong. its is not for personal uses
zhaoying
.tk domain name is not recommand since it's free and many spam site using it.
.com is the best domain for long term planning.
k_s_baskar
i am using few .tk domains for the past 3 years without any problem. search engine wise i think it is not getting indexed like paid tlds like .com/.net etc.,
Radar
I have registered a few .tk domains in the past, but was never terribly impressed with them.
loremar
Actually, .tk works if you have several pages in them. I've worked with it and got some decent SERP rankings. That was before my hosting provider banned me because of automated scripting to create massive amount of pages. The poor me who is so naive about the internet. At least I learned some lessons. But my advice would be, if you want to use .tk, you better should be creating tons of pages for it to work. Smile
AsadAnsari
|.TK|

I am using .tk from last 10 years.. since 2001 (i was 15).
and its a best source for domain extension as alternate for paid domain like .com .co .net .org etc.

Quote:
I was not aware of google crawling and disadvantage of domain forwarding.
but now i am aware of it, if we use forwarding and masking for domain our site will not get crawler, because by using forwarding / masking domain service will make a frame over your website home index and Google don't accept websites with frame on the front index..
so its better to use name server while you choose how to redirect your domain to your hosting ..
but if you are using hosting on any other easy service like there were a geocities from yahoo (closed on October 26, 2009) and there is still a cjb.net which i still do use sometimes.
http://users.cjb.net/jumps/cjb.jpg

its worthless to think that Google might crawl your web some day if you use these service.. because the only way you will redirect your domain to your hosting directory is by forwarding / masking.
so its best to keep your own paid or frihost complete and free hosting instead of easy directories.
You can ever host and Boost your website by using WordPress Or Joomla Templates on .Tk domain.
always use custom DNS service instead of forwarding / masking / path.

Example:
ns1.frihost.org
ns2.frihost.org

But 1st you must setup your .tk domain name in domain administration by add another domain.
there no way that Google will avoid your web for its crawler. it may not ..



Please appreciate me for spreading this knowledge Cool


Knowing is Better then Annoying
ogah
dot.tk going crazy, he ban many free .tk domain
may be he affraid blaclisted by google panda like other free domain
smokecapital
I got many .tk accounts with the time, all got deleted after a few months.
But in these few months it was really good :p

And many websites do not accept .tk websites or handle them as spam.
Ghost Rider103
I've used them many years ago and hated it.

In my opinion, don't waste time with a .tk domain, especially when you have the coins for a free domain, or two.. or three.. or.....

Working with a TLD (.com, .net, etc.) from the get go is the way to do it.
rsbw
I find the service very good but to me they have already deleted the address
AsadAnsari
smokecapital wrote:
I got many .tk accounts with the time, all got deleted after a few months.
But in these few months it was really good :p

And many websites do not accept .tk websites or handle them as spam.

Its only happens when you were unable to bring traffic at their doorstep .
Your site must had 25 hits within 90 days .. it must be failed so they take it back.

Try it again and host your web here .. it will be a good combination then.
Try a WordPress site on .Tk it will automatically Googlized You.

Try to SEO your web..
ogah
AsadAnsari wrote:
smokecapital wrote:
I got many .tk accounts with the time, all got deleted after a few months.
But in these few months it was really good :p

And many websites do not accept .tk websites or handle them as spam.

Its only happens when you were unable to bring traffic at their doorstep .
Your site must had 25 hits within 90 days .. it must be failed so they take it back.

Try it again and host your web here .. it will be a good combination then.
Try a WordPress site on .Tk it will automatically Googlized You.

Try to SEO your web..

now not only must had 25 hits within 90 days. but dot.tk that used to illegal site also suspended.
my site have arround 2600 unique visitor each month and still suspended because my site providing mp3 download

dot.tk TOS now look like hosting TOS
funyug
Well I have been using dot.tk for a long time and i think that it is really better than co.cc . As co.cc have been banned from google dot.tk is the perfect replacement for you.
spinout
tiki-link is stable and good and free!
tingkagol
Wait a second while I check if my registered dot tk domains are still working...

...

Yep. One got cancelled, but the other is still alive and kicking. (http://urban-dub.tk/)
That particular domain has been up for almost a decade now. I have stopped updating the site however.

As for the talk that Google does not crawl .tk domains, that's not true. That site is currently top 4 in the google search result for the 'urbandub' keyword.
tingkagol
It's quite amusing to see the links page with almost all links expired. I've beaten magazines and radio stations in the race for longest running site! lol
smokey4life
Yes the rumors about google not indexing .tk sites is completely untrue they have indexed mine http://www.xtmlounge.tk as far as certain services showing that .tk sites are spam or risky sites im not sure about that i verified mine with mcafee site advisor and im waiting to see if they accept it as a safe site. So far i would DEFINITELY recommend .tk domains, other then the fact that not many people have even heard of them so they thing they are risky, they are great for free domains.
rx9876
smokey4life wrote:
Yes the rumors about google not indexing .tk sites is completely untrue they have indexed mine http://www.xtmlounge.tk as far as certain services showing that .tk sites are spam or risky sites im not sure about that i verified mine with mcafee site advisor and im waiting to see if they accept it as a safe site. So far i would DEFINITELY recommend .tk domains, other then the fact that not many people have even heard of them so they thing they are risky, they are great for free domains.


Your url is clean.

http://www.urlvoid.com/scan/xtmlounge.tk/

It seems a tk top level domain is a rather good choice than free subdomain.
My subdomain got a alert because other subdomain under that domain has malware.
That's really hurting my site.
RosenCruz
with .TK, you also have the chance to go paid and really own your domain. Cool feature
deanhills
funyug wrote:
As co.cc have been banned from google
As far as I know that was temporarily only. I'd agree with the discussion that .tk is a better option as their rules for domains are more strict than co.cc. One thing that is important though is to check in REGULARLY with .tk to see whether your domain has to be renewed. They sometimes change the duration of the renewal date to earlier and one could loose it that way. With .co.cc I've had my domains for years, and no such issues at all, but I've heard of many users who have lost .tk sites due to an earlier renewal date that they had not picked up on. I'm not sure, but I think they give notice three months in advance. And it's the owner's responsibility to check in regularly.

And agreed with rosen, there is the option for a paid domain with .tk, which I think is what their ultimate aim is with pushing people with earlier registration dates.
watersoul
It surprises me that with domains so cheap now that .tk .co.cc attract much interest anymore. Useful if money is truly a struggle I guess, or if one is making a test website (maybe) but otherwise no.
rx9876
I just registered a tk domain, and do not figure out how to set DNS yet.
A lot studies needed.
RosenCruz
rx9876 wrote:
I just registered a tk domain, and do not figure out how to set DNS yet.
A lot studies needed.


You can use DOt.TK dashboard when you log in at Dot.TK web site? What kind of management do you need ? I would be glad to help
rx9876
RosenCruz wrote:
rx9876 wrote:
I just registered a tk domain, and do not figure out how to set DNS yet.
A lot studies needed.


You can use DOt.TK dashboard when you log in at Dot.TK web site? What kind of management do you need ? I would be glad to help

Thanks!
I saw there are cname & domain name server setting in MyDot.TK.
I want to try if I set two cname or twn domain name server, the tk domain can be implement as 'Backup Server via Redirected Secondary DNS'.
I can't access the control panel and MyDot.TK now
Maybe when I get home, I can try to input a wrong cname in line one,
and the correct cname in line two to check what happen if the line one connection failure.
rx9876
rx9876 wrote:

I saw there are cname & domain name server setting in MyDot.TK.
I want to try if I set two cname or twn domain name server, the tk domain can be implement as 'Backup Server via Redirected Secondary DNS'.
I can't access the control panel and MyDot.TK now
Maybe when I get home, I can try to input a wrong cname in line one,
and the correct cname in line two to check what happen if the line one connection failure.


I set the dns server, and the dns works fine, but the dns server sequence I input seems not stored.
The dns servers are just sorted by ascending.

I also don't know how to test if the first dns resolving failed, the dns lookup will go to the another one.
darthrevan
I much rather have a .tk than a .co.cc domain. It is atleast shorter and is more of a domain then co.cc
JasonNewman
.Tk has been good in the past, but I don't like the idea of how it is only good for one year now. I suppose I could register it again after that one year, but I kinda would just rather get the money and just get a .com domain. However, I'm a bit of a cheap guy, and my Ford Explorer eats every penny of my money. I probably just will use a .tk domain if I need to.
zaxacongrejo
cz.cc is up at uni.me 25 free domains no ads and they are fast
zimmer
speaking of DOT.TK i tried to add new domain at DOT.TK management user and i think there is an issue at DOT.TK, i cannot longer add new domain name at there registration.. i guess there has been issue..
andro_king
I was using dot.tk domain before i registered my first website under .in (my country domain name) . I felt using dot.tk you will not be recognised by the people.Most of them just think that dot.tk websites are spam just because it is available for everyone and hence spammers & hackers use those and infect the visitors. It is free and hence people will not hear to you frequently.
So i registered my own domain under .in & the difference now i feel is,the domain name looks professional and its respected among my visitors.
I had my hands even on .co.cc domain but they are not as good as dot.tk. Smile
milkshake01
I think the free .tk domains aren't good because you can't have your own website logo. It does not take forever to get a free top-level domain from Frihost.
deanhills
milkshake01 wrote:
I think the free .tk domains aren't good because you can't have your own website logo. It does not take forever to get a free top-level domain from Frihost.
I had to change to .tk as .co.cc is no longer a going concern. I found the registration process with .tk pretty effortless. Once I'd worked through the differences with .co.cc, my domain was up and running within hours of registration. Whereas with co.cc it would have taken the minimum of three days or longer.
RosenCruz
deanhills wrote:
milkshake01 wrote:
I think the free .tk domains aren't good because you can't have your own website logo. It does not take forever to get a free top-level domain from Frihost.
I had to change to .tk as .co.cc is no longer a going concern. I found the registration process with .tk pretty effortless. Once I'd worked through the differences with .co.cc, my domain was up and running within hours of registration. Whereas with co.cc it would have taken the minimum of three days or longer.


Yeah .TK works like a charm recently.
smokey4life
RosenCruz wrote:
deanhills wrote:
milkshake01 wrote:
I think the free .tk domains aren't good because you can't have your own website logo. It does not take forever to get a free top-level domain from Frihost.
I had to change to .tk as .co.cc is no longer a going concern. I found the registration process with .tk pretty effortless. Once I'd worked through the differences with .co.cc, my domain was up and running within hours of registration. Whereas with co.cc it would have taken the minimum of three days or longer.


Yeah .TK works like a charm recently.

Still do i don't know why everyone gives me so much flack over mine. Site scans clean in every scanner i have used, all search engines seem to be indexing it... still people do not trust them cause no one really knows about them. Also as you guys have already said so many phishing/scam and spam/malware sites using them as well.
deanhills
Smokey. Why not just get yourself a proper domain? dot.tk is for playing, if you're serious about your Website and want to make a name for it, it's better to get a real domain.

Namecheap has some great domain specials. It has a special for .co domains at 6.88USD - you can check out the prices here:
http://www.namecheap.com/domains/domain-pricing.aspx
smokey4life
deanhills wrote:
Smokey. Why not just get yourself a proper domain? dot.tk is for playing, if you're serious about your Website and want to make a name for it, it's better to get a real domain.

Namecheap has some great domain specials. It has a special for .co domains at 6.88USD - you can check out the prices here:
http://www.namecheap.com/domains/domain-pricing.aspx

I suppose your right deanhills, seems like so many people do not trust .tk's maybe its really time i get my .net or something. Its just the .tk has been working so well i couldn't bring myself to buy a proper .com I think its about time to change that.

Be careful everyone, i heard being cheap is contagious lol Wink
Mrs_Robota
I used tk many years and my sites were popular in that time, but later I could not keep them anymore, my domains were taken or deleted I don't know, (was a pity considering that I still have some t-shirts with the old link) I think this service doesn't work as before
RoylanM
.tk is now run and maintained by somone else now, I hope the issues will be fixed.
Peterssidan
RoylanM wrote:
.tk is now run and maintained by somone else now, I hope the issues will be fixed.

It is? Is that why the dot.tk domain appears to be down at the moment?
smokey4life
Peterssidan wrote:
RoylanM wrote:
.tk is now run and maintained by somone else now, I hope the issues will be fixed.

It is? Is that why the dot.tk domain appears to be down at the moment?


Domains are still all active, at least mine is anyways. But yes i noticed their actual site is down as well more then likely due to the change of ownership.
johans
i have .tk but suddenly they delete my account that is why i transferred to more reliable .com

before .tk is a good service for free but now i notice you cannot create new .tk domain - I guess something is wrong on there domain server.
deanhills
I must have just missed the problems, as my .tk domains are still up and running. I've also checked the Website and it seems to be as fast and efficient as before.
rx9876
My .tk is going to be expired in next 30 days,
and I have to wait another 2 weeks to renew it.

It's kinda annoying, but considering this is a free service,
I just wrote it on my calendar, and hope I remember to do that.

If any of you think .tk delete your domain without notice,
I suggest to check the spam box for the email.
My gmail takes those email from mydottk as spam.
smokey4life
rx9876 wrote:
My .tk is going to be expired in next 30 days,
and I have to wait another 2 weeks to renew it.

It's kinda annoying, but considering this is a free service,
I just wrote it on my calendar, and hope I remember to do that.

If any of you think .tk delete your domain without notice,
I suggest to check the spam box for the email.
My gmail takes those email from mydottk as spam.


Yes, this is true gmail and msn mail both sort their mails as spam for me. I had to add them to trusted list. When they deleted my .tk they did in fact send a notice (even though it didnt explain much) AND they never responded to me when i tried to find out exactly why they removed it.

I simply re-registered my .tk and that was about a year ago now and they never deleted it again... no clue why they did in the first place then.
smokey4life
Is anyone else getting this with their .tk domain? [an error occurred while processing this directive] I haven't made any changes but this popped up all of a sudden.
RosenCruz
If your web site is getting some traffic, if you are serious, go ahead pay them and actually buy the domain Wink
Related topics
Azkabanweb.tk
Tuvicio.tk
http://www.roja.tk
sdogg.tk
Can't access .TK domains
Domain Question!
statusfashions.tk
Voetbalstadion.tk
www.psycosquirrel.tk
A Question About .tk domains
Does anyone know where I could get a FREE domain name?
romedystar.tk - Comment pls
Removing a .tk ste Banner
www.Pixelplayer.tk
www.geeren.tk
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> Domain Names

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.