FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

i miss my ex gf so much....

day_and_night
for the past week i've been going out all the time trying to get my mind off her thinking that if i force myself to think about something else i wouldn't need to worry about it so much. well...... just a few mins ago i broke down and now i can't stop crying, even as i'm typing this.

it's 3am in the morning here in aus. i can't sleep...... what do i do? Sad

i've been such a jerk about things. i said the most awful things to her when we broke up and i've done awful things afterwards. i deserve to be miserable......................

i don't know what to do.....
bukaida
It is very difficult to cope up with breakups. But the time is the best healer of all pain. Please donot try to do something momentarily. You may divert your mind by something which you like most. May be you can talk the matter with some of your good friends or family members. The sorrow always dissolves upon sharing.
watersoul
Been there a few times in my life fella, nothing anyone can say will help fix it, just time.

Maybe change your scene/social circle a little and distract yourself with new people, it can sometimes help a little, but without a 'fast forward button' for life it's usually just a case of take each day as it comes as you get used to the loss of that person in your life.

...perhaps catch up with some old mates you probably neglected a bit while you were wrapped up in the relationship with your ex, they could make you laugh even if you don't want to right now?
(it's worked for me in the past)
The_unnamed_label
Heya... hope you feel a bit better? heartaches are hard to cope with... I guess what people tell you, "time will help" must be true eh...
Anyway, I noticed you say you've been bad etc... I think maybe you should tell her you're sorry for the things you've said...
won't bring her back or anything, or repair anything... but maybe it would take a weight off of your chest.
Saying that... no one deserves to feel miserable, whatever you've done or said..
No one is perfect and everyone makes mistake...
I hope you'll cheer up, life goes on x
Nintendo
day and night.

I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through right now. I feel I can say that I know exactly what you're feeling right now. Firstly, it's really important that you realise that you can't just blame yourself. Forgiving yourself is always one of the hardest things to do, but it's also the first thing you have to do. I know, trust me i know, that it's so much easier said than done. But listen, it takes 2 to make a relationship okay. Both of you contributed to the breakup as much as the other did. Remember this =x

But those nights where you can't sleep; I think they're essential for us to learn and develop, and I certainly don't think they're unhealthy. Everything takes time. Feeling intensely depressed is all part of living life, and it's what makes life worth living. Experiancing a vast and dynamic range of intense happiness and depression is what makes us human; so don't be afraid to face it with your head up. Embracing how you feel is really important; don't try and avoid it... Embracing it will make it subside faster in my opinion =x.

You need to think about everything until it makes sense in your head, and channel out how you feel to others. By forcing yourself to think about other things, it's only going to prolong the pain, i'm sorry =x. Slow tempo / saddening music was always a really big one for me... All my friends told me it was unhealthy to listen to that stuff after my breakup you know. But for a lot of us, we need to find the right time to stop dwelling and move on. But dwelling is really important.

What matters, is that you clearly have a conscience about things you have done, and your intentions are good. It makes you a good person, and people who appreciate that in you even more than your ex-girlfriend are going to enter your life at one stage or another. Keep strong, and keep your head up high =x And don't be afraid to wear your heart on your sleeve when you need to =x
Da Rossa
First, beware of the sticky topic in this forum Razz
Second, cry! cry! and cry! Don't ever interrupt yourself. Let the tears flow. It IS good to cry. Ok, not the causes, but the water is relieving.
Third: Fill your mind with other works. Not necessarily another relationship, maybe you need to stay alone for a while. Get a new hobby.
zbale
day_and_night wrote:
for the past week i've been going out all the time trying to get my mind off her thinking that if i force myself to think about something else i wouldn't need to worry about it so much. well...... just a few mins ago i broke down and now i can't stop crying, even as i'm typing this.

it's 3am in the morning here in aus. i can't sleep...... what do i do? :(

i've been such a jerk about things. i said the most awful things to her when we broke up and i've done awful things afterwards. i deserve to be miserable......................

i don't know what to do.....

That's a very tough one, I am sorry to hear.

It's a big loss, there are things you can do to make things a bit less painful (exercise is good, work can be great, watching films one after the other, etc.), but mostly it's about going on slowly, living on one day at a time, until the pain lessens a bit.

In similar situations I have found that focusing on developing myself (learning something, working out, etc.) was not a bad thing and actually helped. Reading biographies of great people also helped because you learn that theirs wasn't an easy life either, and they still went on. But different people cope differently with that pain.

One thing you should know is that even as it starts getting better, there will be ok days and bad days -- it shouldn't be surprising (sometimes we have a good day and think we're over grieving, then the next day is terrible so we think we're back to square one. The truth is it's ups and downs, and knowing it makes it a bit easier).

Good luck, and please keep us posted.
codersfriend
by the moment you've moved on.. like you met someone new,.. you could forget it... although yeah. it will take time ..
shivaghimire
Might be she was your first love. Its difficult to forget first love but its easy to forget other. We don't want to miss our love but situation makes us be far. Its okay try to forget her by involving in other activities. Suppose, when you starts to remember her go to kitchen and try for new food and divert your mind. Really, love is like drugs, if we are habitual its difficult to leave. But its possible to leave, trust yourself.
loremar
You'll get over it.
If it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be.
Go find the real love of your life. Very Happy
airh3ad
maybe In a nutshell why do we hurt a lot and not learn to forget your ex and obtain up with your life?
Some may say it’s just the way of love, other might say that it is weakness of will yet others may say it essential for grieving over a failed relationship and maybe all of them are right but none of these views help forget your boyfriend or girlfriend so here are several tips to help you move ahead and be a healthier, happier person. one more thing Do Not Demonize Your boyfriend or girlfriend. what about forget it or love it?
shomesnehanjan
we all do things in life we regret. the pain we cause others eventually comes back to us. The most difficult times we see are only created by ourselves. If you know you are wrong there is nothing else to say. if you want her to know it let her know. let it go and then move on.
i might not be the expert here but from what i know is that if you have difficulty in accepting things, say it out loud. the healing only starts when you are able to say it.
Another thing no one deserves to be miserable. so sheer up go out have a drink with friends, get outof the room and enjoy everyday you got!
Cheers! Very Happy
Ryox
I'm still having problems getting over the break-up of a past relationship that I've been in for a year, off and on only real relationship that I had and I wish that I hadn't we hadn't split up.

I think about her all the time and It tears me apart when I do.

You can only move on to the future and don't think about the past. It's hard when you have had strong feelings for that relationship. But it's always a-part of life that everyone has to deal with.
sudipbanerjee
I am a married man. But still I miss my ex girlfriend. Actually She passed away 12 years ago. Still I think she is with me.
loremar
sudipbanerjee wrote:
I am a married man. But still I miss my ex girlfriend. Actually She passed away 12 years ago. Still I think she is with me.

Your ex-girlfriend is haunting you? Looks like you're also married to a ghost. Cool
sudipbanerjee
loremar wrote:
sudipbanerjee wrote:

Your ex-girlfriend is haunting you? Looks like you're also married to a ghost. Cool

I didn't want to mean it. I just say that I am married but I still miss my ex-gf.