FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Agriculture- best, business- better & employment- good

shivaghimire
I learned somewhere agriculture is best, business is better and employment is good. I thought many times and I found 'YES' its correct. Now a days, people has gradually stopped to work in farms. We are mostly involved in business and other jobs. We always buy things. One day, the day will come, no one will work for agriculture and everyone try to buy. They will have money but nothing to eat so they will eat each others' muscles. At least one third of the total population should be involved in agriculture for food balance. Population is highly increased which has decreased land, quality of land has also decreased so demand of food is difficult to fulfill. If the situation continued the same then the day is not far where the money doesn't work to get food. What can we do in that day with empty stomach? So, we should be careful from today and take steps to stop the coming horrible hungry days.
Please suggest:
1. Is my thinking correct?
2. what can we do to stop the coming horrible days?
3. Can we start any work?
IceCreamTruck
shivaghimire wrote:
I learned somewhere agriculture is best, business is better and employment is good. I thought many times and I found 'YES' its correct. Now a days, people has gradually stopped to work in farms. We are mostly involved in business and other jobs. We always buy things. One day, the day will come, no one will work for agriculture and everyone try to buy. They will have money but nothing to eat so they will eat each others' muscles. At least one third of the total population should be involved in agriculture for food balance. Population is highly increased which has decreased land, quality of land has also decreased so demand of food is difficult to fulfill. If the situation continued the same then the day is not far where the money doesn't work to get food. What can we do in that day with empty stomach? So, we should be careful from today and take steps to stop the coming horrible hungry days.
Please suggest:
1. Is my thinking correct?
2. what can we do to stop the coming horrible days?
3. Can we start any work?

Answers:
1. Your thinking is somewhat correct, but has holes all over the place. Economy is not always tied to agriculture, but it may be generally true that agriculture produces a solid foundation for economy. Your thinking that supply will not meet demand is, however, also flawed. What you are discussing will cause the price of food to rise, but where there is demand there is soon to be a supply to meet it as that is the nature of doing business. If food becomes more expensive than gold, then everyone will start producing, making, and distributing food until the supply meets the demand, a surplus is gained, and eventually the price of food drops back down, people leave the industry for fame and fortune elsewhere, and the cycle starts all over again because production will eventually drop and demand will rise above supply, and business minded people will see opportunity and will start flooding the food industry again and so on and so forth. Don't get me wrong as there is always room for improvement and the possibility that the cyclical system of economy will break. A broken economy should be feared as farmers will only stop production if they cannot get the materials they need to produce food. That's when we have a very serious problem on our hands, as people will never stop growing or producing food. It's all some people/families know. You will, however, always be dependent on them for your food -- that's economy. If you want to feel food being produced, then move to the country and start growing your own.
2. Probably nothing. It would appear that self-destruction is in our nature.
3. Yes... figure out where you are needlessly reliant on people, and thus spending money to compensate. If, for instance, you don't own a car, then you are dependent on someone else with a car to get you where you are going... even if it's the bus driver. If you don't produce your own food from the ground, then you are dependent on those that do, and you will pay them for their food -- you always have it sounds like. If this arrangement bothers you then change it by producing your own food.

Sitting around worrying will do you no good because there are officially more things to worry about then you have time for, so you're always ignoring some problem when you focus on anther. Here's some helpful advice that I received that helped me learn to relax and go with the flow ... "despite your best efforts the universe is unfolding as it should". But I also believe that I have the power to change my universe if I don't like it. Just get really honest about what the problem is, define the problem, come up with a plan, and execute and don't look back. Only crazy people do the same thing twice and expect different results, so worrying twice without doing anything is crazy!

I hope this helps!
shivaghimire
Yes, demand and supply will be maintained. But we see many places UN is supplying food, in those places the hungry people is doing nothing and they are fully depended upon other. If demand and supply is maintained all cases then they would have started agriculture. Also, soils of present world is not as cultivable as past and the quality is still deteriorating condition, and production is in decreasing order.
You told industrialists will start agriculture but most of the land is captured for making buildings, factories, etc. and its difficult to cultivate in those places. For good production the soil condition should be observed, soil condition is maintained by preserving forest and the whole nature. But increasing population has destroyed forests and cultivable land. The world has become a 'concrete forest', which will not let us to maintain food demand and supply.
Food may be as expensive as gold and people will try to produce it but gold is not a daily need, its useless in front of hungry stomach. All people don't need gold but all people need food. Deteriorating soil condition, concrete soil, hungry stomach, etc. don't let us fulfill demand and supply of food.
So, we have to prepare to conserve nature from today before coming these black days. UN is supplying food is some parts but one day the days may come when the UN itself doesn't get food to distribute.
Zaraq
@shivaghimire: no no its not the case these are natural disasters, such times are test for the rest of humanity to help their fellow human beings. good safe us from hunger. anyways the topic was is agriculture is good business yeh it is good business but brother it need a lot of efforts and a lot of resources these days the prices of all kind of fertilizers r so high here in my country in pakistan but sitll it is tax free so rural economy has improved and people have earned recently the prices of cotton went so high, i guess more then 3 times higher then but now it is lowering but still it is high. for us ppl like who have few lands to grow crops have limited options to experiment new crops. but few days back i was working on growing mashrooms, mashroom industry has a lot of potential i saw youtube videos too. it does not require open fields but u need hall which is dark and moist n had reasonablely good temperature which is not that hot n not freezing but cool temperature. so people can millions i came to know that some types of mashrooms r too expensive bcoz they r used in medicines etc. so ppl living in good hilly areas much think abot it and do research on it. watch youtube.com videos regarding growing mashroom technicques etc. http://youtu.be/icmx2wzE7KM
airh3ad
I agree agriculture best business now ECOTOURISM, which involves traveling to relatively undisturbed natural areas to specifically study, admire and enjoy the scenery and its wildlife, was a highly acceptable environmental protection concept of the 1990s.
In time, the term “agritourism” came into existence. Coined from the two words — agriculture and tourism — it is a kind of a study tour among areas, which have been found to adopt organic farming and sustainable agricultural production.Maybe People from all over the world — from Australia to Zimbabwe — have come to see the area. Most of its visitors, however, are from Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, China, East Timor,
India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.