FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Woot! 989 emails deleted, and back on track!

IceCreamTruck
I just moved, and got really behind on things that I have grown to like as I have enjoyed coming to frihost on a regular basis and replying to the conversation here.

Clearing out my email box is required for me to be able to keep up with what's hot and what's not, and 989 or so emails is a little discouraging, but I made it through. I'm just happy I didn't have to respond to all of them, so now I can catch up on frihost!

How are things going with you guys?
deanhills
Awesome to have you back ICT. I think we need some life around here .... the hijacking thread has just about died, and we are short of spam (just joking) .... great to have you back again. Laughing

Before you are off again .... do you know of any friends who would be interested to join Frihost - maybe one of those 989 contacts of yours? You can earn hundreds of coins while you are at it. Just go into your Accounts page and you will find a url in there under the heading of referrals and then make up a logo with the referral link and maybe you can incorporate it somewhere in signatures of e-mails or discussion forums where people would be interested to click on it. I don't think I have the contacts you have so can't really compete on referrals. The one who gets the most referrals will win a competition at the end of July, so that will give you a double prize of a kind. You get to earn coins for getting new members to sign up and you get a prize to the equivalent of 350 coins. How neat is that? Dancing

Here's some more info on the referral system:
http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-126616.html

And here's a link for the competition:
http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-126701.html

PS: Do you think this is spam ..... *he he* .... Twisted Evil
IceCreamTruck
Deanhills, what's cookin? It's good to be back with you, my friend!

OK, I'll keep the referral thing in mind, but my problem is that the 989 emails were really just what I was able to limit the list of emails that I needed to read down to, but most was spam and I don't want a lot of those people on frihost because I like it here!

I did have an idea for the forums, and that is to focus on expanding the "games" section. Games are getting more and more complicated, and online game guide/reference and discussion is a growing field. I think the only reason we aren't overrun with traffic at this time is because the games section is all in one place, and isn't getting updated. We should bring some people into the fold who are willing to support a few different genres of games: general, web games, online poker, and RPG/Role Playing. I think frihost should build forums around these topics, and on some of the larger games that require more reference go into detail on the items, abilities, and quests... then we can discuss it all here!

What do you think? Do you play any games? If so... what types?
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
OK, I'll keep the referral thing in mind, but my problem is that the 989 emails were really just what I was able to limit the list of emails that I needed to read down to, but most was spam and I don't want a lot of those people on frihost because I like it here!
My problem exactly. I'm wracking my brains to figure a good way of doing it. All my ideas are non-referral ones. As I've also been wondering whether we could contact some of the golden oldie members in our memberlist and ask them to make some posts. I guess our best source of good people to post must be the ones in the membership list. Very Happy

IceCreamTruck wrote:
I did have an idea for the forums, and that is to focus on expanding the "games" section. Games are getting more and more complicated, and online game guide/reference and discussion is a growing field. I think the only reason we aren't overrun with traffic at this time is because the games section is all in one place, and isn't getting updated. We should bring some people into the fold who are willing to support a few different genres of games: general, web games, online poker, and RPG/Role Playing. I think frihost should build forums around these topics, and on some of the larger games that require more reference go into detail on the items, abilities, and quests... then we can discuss it all here!
Bondings I'm sure will be interested in what you are saying as far as I know that is on the cards for this year. Check out his Blog post below on a Frihost Games Section:
http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-125119.html
Quote:
The Frihost Games section should be ready pretty soon, starting with a Frihost tower defense game.
jmlworld
Nice to have you back IceCreamTruck. I've one suggestion for you mate. Nuke that email with 989 emails and better start over a new one again.

IceCreamTruck wrote:
I just moved, and got really behind on things that I have grown to like as I have enjoyed coming to frihost on a regular basis and replying to the conversation here.
Moved again? Shocked I thought you've moved to a new apartment before a month or so.

deanhills wrote:
Bondings I'm sure will be interested in what you are saying as far as I know that is on the cards for this year. Check out his Blog post below on a Frihost Games Section:
http://www.frihost.com/users/Bondings/blog/vp-125119.html
Quote:
The Frihost Games section should be ready pretty soon, starting with a Frihost tower defense game.

I woder if my lucky stars will allow me to defeat few people in that tower defense game. My evil internet supplier will block it without any reason Crying or Very sad
deanhills
jmlworld wrote:
I woder if my lucky stars will allow me to defeat few people in that tower defense game. My evil internet supplier will block it without any reason Crying or Very sad
Right! I have the exact same problem here. Even for the most benign of links. Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
jmlworld wrote:
Nice to have you back IceCreamTruck. I've one suggestion for you mate. Nuke that email with 989 emails and better start over a new one again.

IceCreamTruck wrote:
Moved again? Shocked I thought you've moved to a new apartment before a month or so.

I love a lot it seems! Sad
hofodomo01
A little "spring cleaning" is always a nice thing to do!
deanhills
hofodomo01 wrote:
This has to be a winner. Almost minus 1000 points and still alive! Great to have you return for posting. Are you here to stay for a while?
Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
hofodomo01 wrote:
This has to be a winner. Almost minus 1000 points and still alive! Great to have you return for posting. Are you here to stay for a while?
Very Happy

Quick... someone get him a points reset and a beer! Congratz on coming back! Smile Cheers!

PS. I have 18 messages in my inbox that I'm getting through slowly... they are all responses to my forums posts. Ahhh... it's good to be back after my short short break.
Ghost900
Welcome Back IceCreamTruck, hope your move went smooth.

About the different games section, I think it could be a great idea. I play games as one of my main hobbies and have some interest in posting about games. I actually have not gone to the games section for some time though as it rarely interested me though if ti were broken down into a more organized list it may be much more interesting.
pirate
Hey man good to see you here, and well not too much has been going on in here. Things are a bit slow and tame consuming as im saving for a real domain - YAWN
IceCreamTruck
pirate wrote:
Hey man good to see you here, and well not too much has been going on in here. Things are a bit slow and tame consuming as im saving for a real domain - YAWN

Eternal gratitude for just one coin? purchased! Smile
loyal
[quote="IceCreamTruck"Clearing out my email box is required for me to be able to keep up with what's hot and what's not, and 989 or so emails is a little discouraging, but I made it through/quote]
I've got thousands of unread emails...there's just so many sponsered/advertising emails from companies or sites I;m suscribed too...and I cant be bothered to delete them sometimes and they build up. Same thing with Mountainwings..
deanhills
loyal wrote:
I've got thousands of unread emails...there's just so many sponsered/advertising emails from companies or sites I;m suscribed too...and I cant be bothered to delete them sometimes and they build up. Same thing with Mountainwings..
I sometimes wonder how people can live with those unread e-mails. I click the spam ones immediately and get rid of them first before I look at any of my other e-mails. My shortcoming is that I like to keep some of my e-mails so have accumulated quite a lot of my e-mails in my directory, I also have a huge directory. Probably time to have a spring cleaning of my directory folders. Smile
jmlworld
deanhills wrote:
loyal wrote:
I sometimes wonder how people can live with those unread e-mails. I click the spam ones immediately and get rid of them first before I look at any of my other e-mails. My shortcoming is that I like to keep some of my e-mails so have accumulated quite a lot of my e-mails in my directory, I also have a huge directory. Probably time to have a spring cleaning of my directory folders. Smile

I've unsubscribed most of newsletters and subscription notifications few days ago. Even I've removed Linked-In, Facebook and Twitter notifications since they started to bother me in the "hell-yeah" times a.k.a midnight. I usually leave my phone on and these services used to beep every 30 minutes or so.

I don't receive offers for cheap manhood enhancement pills though. Spams never troubled me since the day I switched to Gmail few years ago Wink
deanhills
jmlworld wrote:
I've unsubscribed most of newsletters and subscription notifications few days ago. Even I've removed Linked-In, Facebook and Twitter notifications since they started to bother me in the "hell-yeah" times a.k.a midnight. I usually leave my phone on and these services used to beep every 30 minutes or so.
OK. That sounds like an excellent idea .... UNSUBSCRIBE .... While I am working on cleaning out my directory files I may just as well clean out the subscriptions too. I guess it could also be a great idea to make it a resolution never to subscribe to any newsletter.
Very Happy
jmlworld
deanhills wrote:
While I am working on cleaning out my directory files I may just as well clean out the subscriptions too. I guess it could also be a great idea to make it a resolution never to subscribe to any newsletter.
Very Happy

It never hurts to have clean inbox, clean desktop and organized documents directory. I've recently started to clean my computer desktop and organize files into categories like "e-books", "music", "tutorials", etc. It works. Very Happy
deanhills
jmlworld wrote:
deanhills wrote:
While I am working on cleaning out my directory files I may just as well clean out the subscriptions too. I guess it could also be a great idea to make it a resolution never to subscribe to any newsletter.
Very Happy

It never hurts to have clean inbox, clean desktop and organized documents directory. I've recently started to clean my computer desktop and organize files into categories like "e-books", "music", "tutorials", etc. It works. Very Happy
Right. I've just learned somewhere how to clean my DNS and I may just as well ask you before I proceed, just in case I blow up my computer .... hehe ... these were the steps that have been suggested:

1. Go to Start and select Run
2. Type in CMD - that will bring you to the DOS screen
3. Type ipconfig/flushdns

That should get rid of all of the cache ....

I seem to have real trouble to delete all my internet files through my IE Tool/Options. When I do, my computer gets to hang, so wonder whether one can tackle that through the "run" option as well?

Very Happy
vidafenomenal
You can enjoy here, but not have to delete emails.