FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Unclear monitor

shivaghimire
My monitor is giving unclear letters which makes my eyes feel difficult to see. I am typing this very hardly now. What might be the possible cause for this problem. I guess my computer is being old. It has been about ten years old now. It might be due to its old age or other problem of hardware and software? Please help me to find the solution.
Peterssidan
You say your computer is a bit old so I assume you have a CRT monitor. The monitor has not always been like this? Do you use a screen resolution that is recommended by your monitor? I guess it could theoretically be a problem with the graphics card but I don't think this is likely. If you have another monitor you can plug it in and if the problem is gone it is likely not due to the graphics card. CRT monitors are sensitive to magnetic fields, if you have powerful loudspeakers right next to the monitor it could affect what you see. If the monitor is broken I think you will have to just buy a new one.