FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

>>>>> The End Of CO.CC?

the-guide
Panda kick .co.cc from Google search result?
Or this is the FINAL STAGE of domain CO.CC?

site:co.cc
Your search - site:co.cc - did not match any documents.

After its PR was updated to 7!!! Finally, it's seem that domain co.cc got banned by Google Panda!!!

R.I.P. domain CO.CC. Crying or Very sad

((( Hope this is the Panda's abnormal error... )))

pirate
tyoo be honest google doesnt like .co.cc it's not the best type of domain and so they done give a S**t if they delete one
dude_xyx
Yeah it seems Google has banned it or something. Nothing comes when search about co.cc

Maybe because people using it too much for spam. Bad luck for owners of the .co.cc and also for those who take sub domains and then optimize those.

But again. I'm not sure if it's banned because I can see a PR 7 for their home page. But it takes time to update the PR. Google toolbar doesn't show index pages for main site.
deanhills
I've never really liked co.cc very much. Probably because my experience was not too positive with them.
socials
I have used co.cc in the past, now that they went down, I moved to a dot.tk domain. But I guess for sure google will end up banning all free domains. Thing that I don't feel is cool. I know there is a lot of spammers going on, but not everyone using free domain are spammers.
ogah
because co.cc is blacklisted by rbls.org

you can check http://rbls.org/everything.co.cc will show listed in abuse.rfc-ignorant.org
the-guide
@ogah

Who is rbls.org?
Are they really have and influence?

I think what Google consider is about the quality of co.cc by itself not about rbls.org.

emanuel2
its quite unfair for the "legal" co.cc sites...
mahirh
ogah wrote:
because co.cc is blacklisted by rbls.org

you can check http://rbls.org/everything.co.cc will show listed in abuse.rfc-ignorant.org

maybe everything.co.cc doesnt mean a wildcard but instead means only the subdomain
Code:
http://everything.co.cc
ogah
@the-guide
actually I also do not know for sure about rbls.org
maybe like spamcom

@mahirh
everything i mean all subdomain co.cc not the name of subdomain
the-guide
A few days after the domain co.cc was banned by Google, recently, the co.tv and uni.cc and their sub-
domains also have been banned by Google from search result pages too.

Who is the next, cz.cc or .tk? Hope none of us!

dude_xyx
Unfortunate for co.cc owner. He should have sell it while it had a big demand.
loremar
Hopefully. dot.tk won't get banned. There wise enough to steal their users' domains maybe they will be wise enough to escape from being banned. Question

Google is not internet. I'm sure some people can still find these websites in yahoo or bing as long as they thoroughly study yahoo and bing's way of indexing webpages.
sonam
loremar wrote:
Hopefully. dot.tk won't get banned. There wise enough to steal their users' domains maybe they will be wise enough to escape from being banned. Question

Google is not internet. I'm sure some people can still find these websites in yahoo or bing as long as they thoroughly study yahoo and bing's way of indexing webpages.

The best trick is Chrome and you don't need any other search engine. Just type co.cc in ulr bar and you will get right site. Laughing

Sonam
the-guide
loremar wrote:

Google is not internet.

That's right, but the more true is it can be hurt your online income if.... Twisted Evil

ogah
the-guide wrote:
A few days after the domain co.cc was banned by Google, recently, the co.tv and uni.cc and their sub-
domains also have been banned by Google from search result pages too.

Who is the next, cz.cc or .tk? Hope none of us!

uni.cc also banned by some internet provider in my country
spring567
I don't like co.cc because it's a sub domain.
deanhills
loremar wrote:
They can. Maybe they need to make it tougher for people to get the co.cc or .tk Websites. As it's a bit unfair for everyone to be punished because those who are abusing their freedom of having free domains are not sorted out. Why can't Google just ban a co.cc individually. Surely they are savvy enough to work on bots to sort out those Websites that are not following the Google search engine rules.
loremar
deanhills wrote:
loremar wrote:
They can. Maybe they need to make it tougher for people to get the co.cc or .tk Websites. As it's a bit unfair for everyone to be punished because those who are abusing their freedom of having free domains are not sorted out. Why can't Google just ban a co.cc individually. Surely they are savvy enough to work on bots to sort out those Websites that are not following the Google search engine rules.

I agree. They know that a lot of .co.cc are spamming surely they can determine which ones are. They should have instead banned only those sites and advised the .co.cc company to be more strict in policy and vigilant in implementing to avoid abuse. They should be very responsible enough because they know that a large percentage of internet users use their search engine. By doing such a drastic thing they stole a lot of visitors from .co.cc users who have worked hard to make relevant unique content. Google said they are open for reconsideration to some .co.cc sites but until now they still have not re-indexed any .co.cc site.

On the other hand, .tk seemed to be successful in blocking spams. Uni.cc and co.tv banned shortly after .co.cc got banned but .tk is still alive and I think it will stay as is. They have been avoiding spam since 2008 and they seem to be very strict in policy. I would attest to that because they almost banned me for having a gambling content to one of my site so I immediately removed it to keep my site.
u16888
I'd recommend taking a look at Matt Cutts' comment at https://plus.google.com/u/0/109412257237874861202/posts/eanXpZKMDSf

As he mentions there, "if we see a very large fraction of sites on a specific freehost be spammy or low-quality, we do reserve the right to take action on the freehost as a whole." Taking action like this is not really something new, and it is something that we may do elsewhere at Google as well (eg as mentioned on http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2011/06/protecting-users-from-malware-hosted-on.html with regards to malware).

If you feel that your particular site is in line with our Webmaster Guidelines, I would recommend submitting a reconsideration request. Additionally, if you use a subdomain on a widely used domain name, and feel that your subdomain provider is not up to par with regards to preventing and handling abuse quickly - be it webspam, phishing, or malware - you may wish to look into ways of remedying that.
rocking
I never used those domains, but in my opinion it is impropriate do delete all the co.cc sites from the search.
Eventhough among the co.cc sites there was a lot spam sites,
I am sure the are a lot of distinct sites too....
Confused
andro_king
so can you tell me which free domain to use..? since i am planing to go with a free domain name not a sub domain ... so can you guys suggest me which one to go with...?

i will publish this domain as i am going to use it in a wide way for promotion of products,marketing,promotion offers,news,local ads,friends find,friends chat and many more...

i will also you it for few private usages and many other purposes too...

shall i go with co.cc or any other website..?

how about .tk..? is it good or same like co.cc.. won't these both be listed in google search engines or any other search engines...?

i need them to be listed in search engines too... or shall i make a .com or ,in or .net domains...?

do guide me to take a decision..Smile
deanhills
I've got two .co.cc domains. That is the maximum number one is allowed to have for free. I have not had any problems at all. I've heard stories about having to receive a certain number of hits per month in order to keep one's .tk domains, but with the ones I've had with .co.cc there have been long periods that I have not used them, and nothing happened to them. Also works well. All I needed to do was to add the name servers. It took less than the 48 hours to have them up and running.
miteY
@andro_king

For someone just starting out, a free domain is the way to go in order to learn the ropes. But for a commercial website or at least any serious website that will last for a long time and develop a subscriber base, a paid TLD often works best.

For now you can start with either a .tk or a co.cc but as traffic increases, you may want to get a more reliable .com or .net.

Alternatively, if you intend to do promote your website as a brand, it is a good idea not to change your domain name frequently and just shell out the cash for a .com. Nowadays .com's go for around $10 and that shouldn't be a problem if you intend to make money through your site.

Hope this helps a little.
rodexa
I read somewhere on the forum that google indexes co.cc websites again.
busaboss
rodexa wrote:

Yes, Google is now indexing co.cc sites again. You can check it yourself by going into google search and type "site:co.cc" . It is really nice that it is back but I was very worried if I am going to try to use that on my blog because the same thing might happen again and I can't afford to lose all of my hardwork.
ogah
busaboss wrote:
rodexa wrote:

Yes, Google is now indexing co.cc sites again. You can check it yourself by going into google search and type "site:co.cc" . It is really nice that it is back but I was very worried if I am going to try to use that on my blog because the same thing might happen again and I can't afford to lose all of my hardwork.
right, google indexing co.cc site again but hard to get good position.
before google deindexing in some keyword my site appear in first page and some in page 2. but now with the same keyword i search until page 10 my site not appear
metalfreek
.co.cc was never a good domain any ways. They were all used for spams and all so its better that they are out of the search result. If you want to know more, read here

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2011/06/protecting-users-from-malware-hosted-on.html
darthrevan
I personally use tk, though if your site is down when their robot checks your site, they well terminate the domain, if it is a free domain. Mine got canceled because of my previous host went down, though I may email them and see if they will reactive it again. I like ndowens.to better than nowens.tk
RosenCruz
It is nice to see that .tk also supports paid options now.

I used co.cc in the past. I thought they were reliable. Also they always paid me my affiliate payouts. Whether it was 10 dollars or 2 Wink
zimmer
deanhills wrote:
I've never really liked co.cc very much. Probably because my experience was not too positive with them.

i used co.cc and its been part of my website experience such as changing of servername and other technical of website purposes.

dot.tk is much more better and its free.