FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google+ Thread

cybersa
Here you can share your thoughts about New Google +.

Very Nice Concept.
I think it is All in one.
This will beat the Facebook completely.

What you think about this?

Removed 'official' from the title. -ocalhoun
deanhills
Embarassed I don't quite get it. I Googled it .... and no "New Google +", were there some specific new features that you wanted to discuss?
cybersa
Here is the link:
https://plus.google.com/

Here you can get all information in video format.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PLF3DFB800F05F551A
GoldenEagle
I just watched the first video and I may say the background music made some excellent marketing material. The guitar was quite homely and just made you feel like "I have a connection to this and I understand the importance of this interaction".

Darn marketing!
Asap170
I am really getting tired of people trying to change their appearance and steal ideas from other people!

Google.com is for search. Facebook is for social networking. Google should not be making it's own social network. There is no point. This is why I use Bing!
cybersa
I think Google wants to make all things in place called Google.
But They really working hard.
Good Search Engine.
Best Smartpone OS.
And more.
etc....
I love google.
deanhills
Asap170 wrote:
I am really getting tired of people trying to change their appearance and steal ideas from other people!

Google.com is for search. Facebook is for social networking. Google should not be making it's own social network. There is no point. This is why I use Bing!
Applause My thoughts exactly. Google trying to copy and improve on Facebook. I'm so not impressed.
saratdear
Google gave up being "just" a search engine years ago - would you say Gmail copied Yahoo! mail? Then, there were relatively few email players, and Gmail was innovative. Now, with the already crowded social space, let's see what this one can do.

I've not checked it out yet. Smile Lemme see...
Asap170
saratdear wrote:
Google gave up being "just" a search engine years ago - would you say Gmail copied Yahoo! mail? Then, there were relatively few email players, and Gmail was innovative. Now, with the already crowded social space, let's see what this one can do.

I've not checked it out yet. Smile Lemme see...

Well Yahoo may of been there before Google, but Yahoo is a fail.
standready
Debating whether I should accept the 'invite' for Google + or not. Looks interesting but getting 'circles' established when it's by invite only seems a pain.
truespeed
Don't they already have Orkut?
missdixy
Asap170 wrote:

This. Except that I do use Google still because I prefer it to Bing, but I'm of the idea that Google does NOT need its own social network!! It's Facebook's thing, leave it alone! Mad I, for one, don't think I can handle another major social network shift (First, my friends went from livejournal to myspace, then myspace to facebook, now another???? no thanks)
deanhills
saratdear wrote:
Google gave up being "just" a search engine years ago - would you say Gmail copied Yahoo! mail?
That's different. It's like the Banks when they started going beyond banking and got into Insurance and Stock Markets. Anyway, kudos to Google for being so aggressive in taking over the Internet completely. Next thing they start cooperating with the Government with regard to security legislation, and people having to register accounts with phone numbers, or heaven forbid start charging them for e-mail accounts. That is usually a natural when someone owns a large market, like the Banks do. To ensure their position of power and control.
Nameless
I wouldn't know the first thing about whether it's actually a better product than Facebook and the like, but 'Google Plus' seems to me to be a pretty crappy, non-indicative name. Not in a catchy, viral kind of way either, it just sounds like it should be an advanced search function or something.

Oh Google, is there anything you won't do?

Answer: No. Google wins at everything.
saratdear
deanhills wrote:
Next thing they start cooperating with the Government with regard to security legislation, and people having to register accounts with phone numbers, or heaven forbid start charging them for e-mail accounts.

I think you already give phone numbers...it's not compulsory though - for receiving verification codes and stuff?

As for paying, if they start that, I think many are gonna migrate.
Helios
Monopoly is bad. This means that there shouldn't be one social network, but it also means that google shouldn't take over the whole damn internet!

I liked Google a lot more when it was a nice and innocent search engine. Sad
I liked Facebook when it was just a photo sharing website.
Nowadays I dislike them both, and rarely use them.
deanhills
saratdear wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Next thing they start cooperating with the Government with regard to security legislation, and people having to register accounts with phone numbers, or heaven forbid start charging them for e-mail accounts.

I think you already give phone numbers...it's not compulsory though - for receiving verification codes and stuff?
The last time I applied it only gave me the phone number field as an option. No e-mail for verification. I'll check again, as with this it said that it had detected unusual activity or something, hopefully it was a one-off. But it did give me a bad feeling.

OK - I tried it again, and it's weird. It asks you for your e-mail address, but does not give you an option for a log-in. My e-mail account then became my log-in. Nah ..... Google is too weird for me. Fortunately there are plenty of other Web accounts I can get.
jmlworld
Google wave already failed. Google Buzz already failed. Now what?

Anyway, I need an invite to Google+ if you have few to spare.
cybersa
Latest News about Google+
Google+ invite are selling by people(already invited people) on ebay,
http://sns.mx/Knd6y9
sonam
Internet is free and anyone have right to try business with e-mails, social networks, search engines, etc. Google try to make money with different things and this is OK for me. Why not?

When Yahoo stop to support POP (in this time I have very slow connection) I have lot of troubles to find another free e-mail provider. When this provider start to charge e-mails accounts coming Gmail with lot of space, free POP, etc. And Gmail win!

If Google+ would be better social network then Facebook I am pretty sure lot of people will apply for account. If not, Google+ will fail like Buzz, but this is standard business risk. Wink

BTW I haven't Facebook account and I don't think I will apply for Google+ Razz

Sonam
Nameless
jmlworld wrote:

I MUST WITNESS THIS FAILURE FIRSTHAND. Shocked
truespeed
I like the look of it,it may fail,like wave and buzz,but its good to have a potential new competitor to facebook,brands that dominate a particular market get complacent,look at myspace,sold this week for 35 million,having been bought for over 600 million only a few years ago when it was the market leader in social networks. .
loremar
I never have a facebook account. So this one's no use for me either.

But it be good if this one would be successful so to stop this crazy facebook thingy.
deanhills
Nameless wrote:
jmlworld wrote:

I MUST WITNESS THIS FAILURE FIRSTHAND. Shocked

Laughing I guess this is vintage Google going head-on in competition with Facebook. Google seems to be too well diversified to fail at anything. They'd probably more like learn as they "plunder" along and improve on it.

loremar wrote:
I never have a facebook account. So this one's no use for me either.

But it be good if this one would be successful so to stop this crazy facebook thingy.
I think it will just become a crazy Google thingy too. Although it's probably the crazy people who are feeding it.
Very Happy
jmlworld
deanhills wrote:
I guess this is vintage Google going head-on in competition with Facebook. Google seems to be too well diversified to fail at anything. They'd probably more like learn as they "plunder" along and improve on it.

Fail once and it's a mistake, fail twice and it's misfortune, but failing the third time will send the wrong message which will result a mistrust and bad culture.

I'm sure Google will not fail again; they will take the previous failures as underestimation and bad luck, and Google+ will stand firm.

The thing I will love with this Google+ thing is the CIRCLES feature. Facebook lacks this feature at the moment and I feel annoyed when a female friend of one of the Facebook friends of my girlfriend sends me a friendship request. Facebook is all about odd friendship requests from curios and desperate strangers.
cybersa
Who want Google+ invite?
I Think this is not spam.
pirate
i think that the new google is much better, i think that it makes it feel better quality and is a nicer place to be. Over all i would give it a thumbs up and i hope it stays the way it is as i prefer it alot more now than what it used to be.
bukaida
So they are acknowledging finaly that Orkut is a failure. Personaly I think google products are quite standard but walking on other's path is a lack of innovation.
deanhills
jmlworld wrote:
The thing I will love with this Google+ thing is the CIRCLES feature. Facebook lacks this feature at the moment and I feel annoyed when a female friend of one of the Facebook friends of my girlfriend sends me a friendship request. Facebook is all about odd friendship requests from curios and desperate strangers.
Right. It has the appearance of that. But probably not intended to be that way. The facebook enthusiasts probably type names and e-mail addresses in their account and then it gets automatically sent. They're maybe not aware how it looks when it gets at the other end, as you're right, it looks certainly as though they are desperate for friends.
truespeed
bukaida wrote:
So they are acknowledging finaly that Orkut is a failure. Personaly I think google products are quite standard but walking on other's path is a lack of innovation.

Has google ever come up with an original idea? They weren't the first to do a search engine,in fact they were quite late in the game,the same can be said of email,their biggest success apart from the search engine is adsense and i doubt the model they used for that was original. (Though i could be wrong without checking)
medesignz
I have applied for a placement in the testing... I look forward to giving you all my feedback
truespeed
cybersa wrote:
Who want Google+ invite?
I Think this is not spam.

I will have one, I have pm'ed you my googlemail.
cybersa
Send Ivite To Truespeed.
Check it.
truespeed
Nothing come through yet cyber,it may not be instant like email though.
cybersa
I think at the time Google Stopped Invite.
truespeed
Odd.oh well,anyone else got any invites spare?
jmlworld
cybersa wrote:
I think at the time Google Stopped Invite.
They say their servers exceeded capacity. Probably they had the smallest social media server infrastructure.

By the way, do you still have one more spare invite?

truespeed wrote:
Has google ever come up with an original idea? They weren't the first to do a search engine,in fact they were quite late in the game,the same can be said of email,their biggest success apart from the search engine is adsense and i doubt the model they used for that was original. (Though i could be wrong without checking)

Chrome... Oh no! There were plenty of browsers before.

They don't need to invent a new thing. Their philosophy is as simple as:

1. Pick a marketable target.
2. Improve that target.
3. Place it on subdomain.google.com
4. Make it invite only so people will shamelessly beg invite codes everywhere.

deanhills wrote:
jmlworld wrote:

Right. It has the appearance of that. But probably not intended to be that way. The facebook enthusiasts probably type names and e-mail addresses in their account and then it gets automatically sent. They're maybe not aware how it looks when it gets at the other end, as you're right, it looks certainly as though they are desperate for friends.

Now, let's assume that the Facebook strangers come through this scheme. How can Google algorithm ninjas stop this?
cybersa
@TrueSpeed
Did you got any mail from Me?
deanhills
I googled Google Plus and an invitation is available directly from them. I tried it out last night.

Here's the link:
https://plus.google.com/up/start/?sw=1&type=st

Very Happy
jmlworld
deanhills wrote:
I googled Google Plus and an invitation is available directly from them. I tried it out last night.

Here's the link:

Very Happy

They'll ask you to fill in your name and email and nothing else but a promise that they'll get in touch once they are out of the invite-only mode Wink
deanhills
jmlworld wrote:
deanhills wrote:

Here's the link:

Very Happy

They'll ask you to fill in your name and email and nothing else but a promise that they'll get in touch once they are out of the invite-only mode Wink
Well they went one step further. I had to go back to my Mail Account to activate my account with Google. But yes, possibly I'll get nixed with everyone else who used that link after the Beta phase is over.
Very Happy
truespeed
cybersa wrote:
@TrueSpeed
Did you got any mail from Me?

No nothing cyber,did you send one?
cybersa
Google temporary stopped invite other people.
Still my dad can't get it into Google +
But he received invitation.
deanhills
I found an interesting .com Website for Google Plus invites:
http://googleplusinvites.com/
Very Happy

And here's a good article on how viral the invites have become:
The PopHerald
jmlworld
@cybersa: I received your invite but the Google servers are out of capacity at the moment. I'll retry after 2 to 3 hours.

deanhills wrote:
Very Happy

The PopHerald

Yes, it become viral. Also there are a lot of blogs out there asking you to send your email addresses so they can invite you Shocked
Ghost Rider103
truespeed wrote:
bukaida wrote:

Google Wave was (to my knowledge) an original.
cybersa
jmlworld wrote:
@cybersa: I received your invite but the Google servers are out of capacity at the moment. I'll retry after 2 to 3 hours.

deanhills wrote:
Very Happy

The PopHerald

Yes, it become viral. Also there are a lot of blogs out there asking you to send your email addresses so they can invite you Shocked

Thats nice.

@Truespeed
Did you got my email?
ankur209
Well,i would like to put my views on google plus which i'm using from last three days !

First of all Google had always been an innovative company with innovative ideas,changing the technology to a much extent !

But what i found that Orkut was much much better than this Google + and we all know Facebook is much better than orkut ! hence, Google+ will not beat the FB !

The features in Google+ like Spark is new one which infact is no new concept here !
Another one is the circle which is just like the lists in facebook ! But now the same circle thing can be done in facebook also using the Facebook app and it works exactly the same way in google + (www.circlehack.com)

The next 'big' thing was the hangout which is the Group video chat but this feature will not be a new one as Facebook is also coming up with this new feature of video calling in this week (Although we know that Video chats were never been accpeted by masses,everyone prefers the text chat)

Google had done nothing except copying the idea from twitter and facebook and integrating their feature into this G+ !

For me facebook still is the best social networking site !
deanhills
ankur209 wrote:
For me facebook still is the best social networking site !
Since the Google Plus thingie is in BETA, do you think there is a chance it could be dropped, or do you think Google will interpret the fact that invitations went completely viral as a sign of great support for its new project?
Question
truespeed
cybersa wrote:

@Truespeed
Did you got my email?

Yes thanks cyber i got your invite. Cheers

I can't access it at the moment as it says

Quote:
Already invited? We've temporarily exceeded our capacity. Please try again soon.
cybersa
Glad to hear.
Often try that link. Very Happy
chartcentral
I already have been invited, but still unable to try Google Plus out, since they "have temporarily exceeded [their] capacity." Hope I get to be able to try it soon, it seems to be a promising product. Smile
cybersa
Now Google allows invite.
Try it soon.
spinout
hm, this is good marketing i suppose... Dogs with glasses.. Nerdy with some hair... Laughing
mahirh
nice! before they wanted information abut my browsing and my searches and now they even want my personal matters for some unknown (evil?) purpose? Confused
Insanity
I have Google Plus and I think it's pretty cool. It is basically Facebook without being Facebook.
Ankhanu
I just accepted an invite yesterday; it's clearly still beta but holds promise, I think. The toughest part for any social media network is the userbase building phase; without a userbase, there's no network and no functionality.
Circles, in particular is pretty elegant and seems like it could be super handy. As more of my friends and other associates come on board, the ability to target content seems like a really handy feature. As it is, to accomplish the same thing I tend to use different social media networks. I don't use Facebook, Twitter or Livejournal for the same sorts of content and audiences; circles in Google+ would allow people like me to use a single service for multiple contexts without multiple accounts or hassles in settings.

missdixy wrote:
... but I'm of the idea that Google does NOT need its own social network!! It's Facebook's thing, leave it alone!

And yet, many of us think that Facebook doesn't do "it's thing" very well Razz

Add in to that their propensity for adding or tweaking features that NEVER work properly, and many are tired of Facebook's foolishness.
Facebook was a much better service in 2006/2007 when it's function was, well, social networking. Once they began adding in all the apps and junk it became a farce of itself.

Nameless wrote:
I wouldn't know the first thing about whether it's actually a better product than Facebook and the like, but 'Google Plus' seems to me to be a pretty crappy, non-indicative name. Not in a catchy, viral kind of way either, it just sounds like it should be an advanced search function or something.

Yeah, the name is pretty terrible Razz
deanhills
All I can say is that Google is in the process of running one of its most successful marketing campaigns ever, along viral lines. Kudos to them! I did not get my entry through an invite. I just went to the Website and registered, and eventually I could get in and check around. Looks interesting, but I'm not really into Facebook so probably won't be using this service at all. For someone who is a great networker however I can see value.
Ankhanu
For +, pretty much the only marketing they need is "not Facebook" Razz
coolclay
I don't get it whats the big deal w/ Google+ I just read the description and it doesn't sound like anything more than MySpace, or Facebook, but even stupider than both. I never really got into myspace or facebook besides making an account and using them to keep in touch with friends which they are good for. So can someone sum up the BFD about this new google service.
Ankhanu
coolclay wrote:
I don't get it whats the big deal w/ Google+ I just read the description and it doesn't sound like anything more than MySpace, or Facebook, but even stupider than both. I never really got into myspace or facebook besides making an account and using them to keep in touch with friends which they are good for. So can someone sum up the BFD about this new google service.

It's not really different, it's in format/options more so than the nature of the service itself. It's cleaner than either MySpace or Facebook and offers much more in the way of personal privacy and selection of who can see/access what information you share. It also offers a couple other services like video conferencing that look like they could be pretty innovative (though not really something I desire).

If you're not into social networking in general, Google+ isn't going to sway you.
pubcresvale
Yes, I agree. I cannot wait to try it.
medesignz
I got my invite the other day, I have signed up and tbh theres not that much to do...

But shall keep you all posted, to all those who want to know.
Ankhanu
As more of my friends have signed up, I've been enjoying the cleanliness and the circles more and more. I can look at the full feed of content, or limit it to just my musician friends, photographers, celebrity types I added, etc.; it's super convenient. I haven't had reason to restrict any of my posts to certain circles yet, but I'm sure I will in time Razz
Ankhanu
My Circles so far Smile

deanhills
I'd imagine there would be plenty of cross referencing as some of my colleagues are my closest friends as well?
Very Happy
davidv
I received an invite from a friend the other day. The layout is clean but there's not much to do. I'm sure more features will be implemented as the testing stages progress. If anyone hasn't already got an invite, send me a message with your gmail and I'll happily send you an invite.
Ankhanu
davidv wrote:
The layout is clean but there's not much to do.

What do you mean that there's not much to do? It's social media, and seems to cover basic social media functions, with a couple perks.

Are you talking about games/apps? Personally I'm thankful they're not there.
davidv
Ankhanu wrote:
davidv wrote:
The layout is clean but there's not much to do.

What do you mean that there's not much to do? It's social media, and seems to cover basic social media functions, with a couple perks.

Are you talking about games/apps? Personally I'm thankful they're not there.

Yes, it covers the basics. Hence why there's not much to do. It's quite bland aside from the new circles feature. It's lacking in additions. It just feels like it's missing something.
Ankhanu
davidv wrote:
Yes, it covers the basics. Hence why there's not much to do. It's quite bland aside from the new circles feature. It's lacking in additions. It just feels like it's missing something.

It missing the additions is one of its major strengths, I think.
There are some functionality elements that it could still use, for example, a wall-to-wall type feature that is publicly visible, a group type of feature where people can gather to discuss various topics, but not necessarily be in one another's circles (i.e. a group for anyone who likes a certain brand of cars or something), and the like... But if they start adding in shit like Farmville and all the junk that cluttered up and killed Facebook, it'll make it a much worse social media experience.
davidv
Ankhanu wrote:
davidv wrote:

It missing the additions is one of its major strengths, I think.
There are some functionality elements that it could still use, for example, a wall-to-wall type feature that is publicly visible, a group type of feature where people can gather to discuss various topics, but not necessarily be in one another's circles (i.e. a group for anyone who likes a certain brand of cars or something), and the like... But if they start adding in shit like Farmville and all the junk that cluttered up and killed Facebook, it'll make it a much worse social media experience.

I disagree.

It's that sort of junk that attracted a lot of people and in turn, the sort of junk that will keep a lot of people using facebook. If Google+ has any chance in competing with the big boys in social networking i.e. facebook, then it needs more features. Right now, the circles is the only reason why I ever bothered getting an invite.

Additions don't necessarily have to be games. If it's new and intuitive and useful then it's an addition worth having. Like the examples you stated above, it's useful.

I don't know what you mean by killed facebook. It's very much alive despite how cluttered the new layout is.

All this said, I don't use facebook very much so I honestly can't say I know if there's some other large social networking site competing with facebook. In fact, I hate the bloody thing. I only have it because my friends use it and it's just easier for me to keep in touch. I honestly don't mind if it stays this way but I stand by my original statement. It's bland and lacking additions which means I probably will stay with Facebook unless friends migrate, then what's the point of saying?

Oh and Google has their own like system.
metalfreek
Google+ is ok for now but lets see what features are added later. They need something new that no other social network provides to survive. Google is working hard on that and hope they will succeed in that.

I am trying google+ and I am very optimistic about it.
cybersa
Any software to post same comment on both Twitter and Google+?
Because i don't know where to post Smile
I like Both. Very Happy
zhaoying
i can send you google plus invitation,pm me please.
catscratches
Ankhanu wrote:
My Circles so far Smile
I like how you only think 2 of your acquaintances have a personality. Wink
Ankhanu
Personalities are celebrity types Razz
Douche-nozzles are my closest friends Wink
emanuel2
I don't think I will join Google+, facebook is more than enough for my needs
deanhills
emanuel2 wrote:
I don't think I will join Google+, facebook is more than enough for my needs
Google would probably go into a fully blown competition with Facebook. I heard somewhere Google tried to buy Facebook, but the owner of Facebook would not bite. So who knows, one will probably find some improvements in Facebook too in taking on Google. Perhaps consumers are going to be scoring out of this ... hopefully.
medesignz
I have always been a great believer in competition breeds success.

Google vs Facebook is one hell of a battle I can't wait to see
LittleBlackKitten
I'm curious about the google plus thing. What's the point? o.O
Ankhanu
LittleBlackKitten wrote:
I'm curious about the google plus thing. What's the point? o.O

Social networking that combines the good elements of the other social networks into one service.

I use Facebook, Twitter and Google+; I used Facebook and Twitter in different ways, and Google+ lets me use the one service both ways that I used the other two services. It doesn't have the limits of Twitter and it doesn't have the bullshit clutter of Facebook... it's kinda nice.
LittleBlackKitten
I guess it can't hurt to try out. Anyone have an invite free?
Ankhanu
PM your email addy and I'll send ya one.
ProfessorY91
saratdear wrote:

Thank you. I'm pretty sure that Google has shown that innovation and handing the power to the people leads to profit. The internet is a free place. Don't like, don't use. I'm pretty sure you'll be forced into it, just as you moved from MySpace to Facebook. Its just another step on the road.
deanhills
ProfessorY91 wrote:
Thank you. I'm pretty sure that Google has shown that innovation and handing the power to the people leads to profit. The internet is a free place. Don't like, don't use. I'm pretty sure you'll be forced into it, just as you moved from MySpace to Facebook. Its just another step on the road.
I don't know. We still have a choice. I've never been on Facebook other than a guest, and one in an anonymous capacity. Just feels too personal and too much like the Wild West there.
Very Happy
LittleBlackKitten
If anyone I've chatted/argued/debated with wants my google+, PM me. Very Happy
kirii
i still believe that Facebook will continue to rule the world of social networking Smile
IndirParadise
I have a g+ account. However i think i dont use it.
I mean Facebook was at first.

BUT I LOVE GOOGLE! Embarassed
spinout
many has gone from facebook, and most as left myspace... time to travel somewhere else... When will it open??
loremar
deanhills wrote:
ProfessorY91 wrote:
I don't know. We still have a choice. I've never been on Facebook other than a guest, and one in an anonymous capacity. Just feels too personal and too much like the Wild West there.
Very Happy

I know what you feel. Smile
medesignz
I'm wondering what the plans are for gmail and calendar for one thing... will it be able to integrate the other Google mechanics to ensure seamless usage.

I think this will be the thing that makes + stand out from the crowd
missdixy
Due to peer pressure (sighh) I finally got a Google + account. I don't really use it much though (and have no plans to unless it becomes the 'new' thing over Facebook). I don't actually mind it though -- the design is alright, everything is simple enough and it's easy/handy to use. However, like mentioned before I only have limited time online and most of my 'social networking' time is still spent on FB.

IF they do manage to integrate calendars and/or mail or whatever (as someone suggested). I could see it getting bigger than FB, and I'd actually like that.
medesignz
missdixy wrote:
Due to peer pressure (sighh) I finally got a Google + account. I don't really use it much though (and have no plans to unless it becomes the 'new' thing over Facebook). I don't actually mind it though -- the design is alright, everything is simple enough and it's easy/handy to use. However, like mentioned before I only have limited time online and most of my 'social networking' time is still spent on FB.

IF they do manage to integrate calendars and/or mail or whatever (as someone suggested). I could see it getting bigger than FB, and I'd actually like that.

Although I am an early adopter, I dont think I have embraced Google+ enough to be considered a pioneer.

I think I need to dedicate alot of my time on it, to become a true venturer and become a famous pluser... Until then, I am just another hay bale with a selection of needles.
chatrack
Hi,

I think, here the idea is something like FB. The idea is good and welcome. What is the future of orkut?
Will it be upgraded like this too?
medesignz
I am actually finding myself less and less using G+ for the very fact it has no redeeming or reOccuring features that lead me to believe I should be spending more time on the site.

Shame really, but Google really have to pull their socks up for this to really take off
medesignz
JerryMartin wrote:
i like to use google plus. its very good social networking site...

What do you feel makes the difference between google+ and all the others?
odayguide
I agree and like, but I don't get one.
ratanegra
I like the way they are like Facebook but without the privacy problems and the annoying features that the old and famous social network has. I like the games that they brought out recently and the way that they do not send automatic posts to everyone's walls and things like that. The only problem I've found recently is that there are only a few people, though they join one by one.
driftingfe3s
Have you heard about facebook blocking all Google+ links? I understand that they are competition but it's kind of sad in my opinion.

I really like google+, it's a lot cleaner and removes the crap. I especially like the group chat feature. But still I don't use it as much as I would like since many of my friends do not use it.
rocking
I don't have account there,
In my opinion that won't work....
People already been used to facebook.
sledge32
I think Google will use the Google+ to help determine how to rank sites in their search engine. The more + your site gets the more popular Google will think it is and rank you high, sites with little or no + get low rankings or drop from search results. I think they will use it to clean up their search engine.
myqute
Google may not be having original ideas but their Google Plus is way better than Google Buzz (cos unlike Google buzz, you do not need to rely on the blogs or websites for the Google Buzz function).

And unlike Twitter, it's just easier to group friends and see at a glance who's added you.

Did someone mention Bing? Bing is using Google's search algorithm. Very Happy
LostOverThere
I'm interested in know how many people have already given up on Google+? Starting a social networking site with a limited availability is an appalling idea for something that relies on the masses.

Personally, I've just about given up.
medesignz
Hanger01 wrote:
I think it is alarming for Face book to compete with a great competitor because the FB was really dominating yet.Lets see the next?....

Facebook is still dominating... there is no question of that
standready
LostOverThere wrote:
I'm interested in know how many people have already given up on Google+? Starting a social networking site with a limited availability is an appalling idea for something that relies on the masses.

Personally, I've just about given up.

I can't give up something I have not been able to even try to start yet. I am really surprised at how slooow Google is ramping this up.
Ankhanu
Disagree!!
sanalskumar
Facebook has got such deep reach among people and now its difficult for someone to come up with something new and gain interest. I feel, to an extent, there is no need for something new. Google is no different.
mukesh
Google Plus is fantastic i have about 500 friends added in plus.
Vanilla
At first I was thinking that it could be a great idea with lots of improvement from Facebook. All my geek friends were really excited about G+. Now, the place looks like a desert and only people I don't know keep adding me. Weird. Razz
Radar
I'm hoping it stays around for a while, just as a creative alternative.

I have doubts that it will achieve dominance though.
deanhills
Radar wrote:
I'm hoping it stays around for a while, just as a creative alternative.

I have doubts that it will achieve dominance though.
I've heard this too, thought I wonder for how long. Google I'm sure must be brainstorming this. Who knows, maybe another bid for buying out Facebook?
Very Happy