FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Open software with a shortcut.

lovescience
After trying many software for different usages, I have several software that I use frequently, almost everyday. Some of them, I had to opened them many times of a day. Sometimes, I had trouble to locate their files to open the software, even if the opening files are on desktop.

To save the time of finding the opening file for the software, and to make job easier, without using mouse and wrist too much, I found this trick is quite useful. That is to set up a shortcut for each software that I often use. That way, I could simply use my keyboard with the shortcut, and the software will be opened on screen.
lovescience
To set up this function to open the software with a keyboard shortcut, first, I created a shortcut for each software on desktop. To do so, by going to the folders where the original software opening files are, and right click mouse to send to, desktop(create shortcut).

Then, go to desktop, right click on the software shortcut that you want to set a keyboard shortcut for. Click on properties, in Shortcut Key, type a key on keyboard. That will be the key you use to open the software. You will use Ctrl, Alt and the key you set up for opening the software.
Bluedoll
I've always wanted to launch an application from a web page by using a link but never found a way to do that.

In msword for example, (like that has to be most terrrible html editor ever!) I can launch an executable from there but always get that warning warning warning are you sure, are you sure??... do hate that little window. The only way in there is to use an object. If you try saving the .doc as a html - (text) page of course the object information disappears.

Off the desktop - yeah ok.