FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Anime series suggestions???

CuddleBunny
I've always watched anime but haven't in a while ever since I graduated High School and got into Uni. I was wondering whether you guys could suggest any good animes to watch. They don't have to be recent, they could be as old as Inuyasha and Ranma 1/2. If you're able to suggest any tear jerking anime, that would be splendid as well. I want something tear jerking and heart wrenching right now since I'm not in the best of moods...
aoisubs
Clannad is Wonderful!

Mushishi is Relaxing!

Ef ~ A tales Memories~ is a great work!

Code Geass R2 has the best ending!
inuyasha
Inuyasha & Ranma 1/2 Very Happy These are my favorites as well. Since both have already been put an end to, I get to watch One Piece now. I suppose you would love it~ Perhaps we have similar tastes~
Josso
Erufen rto - nice kind of personal, intimate series - I usually watch extremely mind**** kind of anime but I really liked this series, so did my mates. Really recommend it. Has got a severe weirdity to it, but all the good animes do!

Edit: oh also I recommend subs, always a lot more accurate than dubs with most things I find.
BlackTwister21
HeatManReborn
CodeGeass R2
Fullmetal Alchemist
DgrayMan
Thats all thankyou
Hope you like it
drunkenkoz
I recommend watching Yu Yu Hakusho and Utawarerumono.
dude_xyx
Try full metal panic. It's so fun.

I like all comedy Anime .
loremar
You want tear jerking anime?

I suggest you watch welcome to the nhk. It's about a life of a Hikikomori.
It's about the meaning of life. What you would say to a person who wants to end his life.
What you would have to say to motivate and inspire a person to live a meaningful life.
Understand how loneliness is so devastating.

Another anime I recommend would be Angel Beats. It's about young people who meet in the afterlife fighting against absurdities in life. The plot is set in a high school campus in the afterlife. Young souls are bound in the limbo because they can't accept the tragedies and miseries of past life and they formed a group to take vengeance against God and named it "Afterlife Battlefront" lead by Yuri, the girl who first rebelled. The young souls are able to move on to the next life if they can experience a fulfilling high school life and accept their past life's misery. The ending has to be the shocking and tear jerking ending I have ever seen in Anime. YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT.
Jorken
As one of the previous post already said, Clannad is the one! I've never watched a better anime then clannad, its so detailed, has the right amount of episodes, and you get to know the characters very well in the anime. If you want something shorter. Kimi_ga_Nozomu_Eien can work. Its psychological and includes relationships and heartbreaks and so on. Pretty awesome anime in my opinion, and its also one of the first i watched
caroline953
I would like to suggest you my favorite anime series i.e. Clannad After Story and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Clanned story is based on comedy, drama, psychological, romance and supernatural. Fullmetal story is based on adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, mystery, psychological and thriller.
drunkenkoz
caroline953 wrote:
I would like to suggest you my favorite anime series i.e. Clannad After Story and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Clanned story is based on comedy, drama, psychological, romance and supernatural. Fullmetal story is based on adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, mystery, psychological and thriller.
Clannad is a great recommendation for a anime to watch. It has a great in depth story.
silverdown
Codelyokon full metal achemist
ato784
angel beats is really good and tear jerking at times
akun
f you like anime don't need exchange for university situation because all are nice in all ambient ^_^
donoob88
have you tried one-piece anime? it is cool, they have powers from devil fruits, some from natural skill "Haki". The main character is Luffy, eaten a "Gum-Gum" fruit, making him a rubber man. He is strong and will be much stronger later in the episodes. He is also a pirate, leader of the pirate straw hat. He's ambition is to be a Pirate king, he is looking for the one-pice so that he will become the pirate king. I very like this anime. Very Happy Very Happy
Chellesei
I agree to those who suggested Clannad. Very Happy
It's a great anime! There's a romance, slice of life, comedy, school life, and drama. Every character has a story too. Smile

I also liked these series:

~Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
~Special A
~Ouran High School Host Club
~Kobato
ato784
also watch Ergo Proxy, it was really good.
loremar
ato784 wrote:
also watch Ergo Proxy, it was really good.

*gasp* What a strange coincidence, that's exactly what I'm starting to watch right now. Re-l looks like she's a very unique character.
lobokun
i would recommend guilty crown
steins gate
clannad
code geass
to start but thats my preference though
masamune
I had the same problem...I managed to get back into anime by watching new series that were coming out at the time. Basically I just went and googled "Winter anime 2011" or something and found the huge graph (there's one for every season) and just browsed through the art and synopsis till I found one that I liked lol.
Some that I like: UN-GO (mystery), sengoku basara (fighting), Gintama (action/comedy), baccano! (action/fighting), kuroko no basuke (sports), kimi to boku (life, kind of slow paced), Time of Eve (robots) or maybe some classics like FMA :p

Just keep browsing and you'll find something Very Happy
GioMellark
Well... Hm... Kuroshitsuji it's perfect, Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece and other "famous" are good too... PANDORA HEARTS IS THE MOST PERFECT ANIME YOU'LL EVER SEE IN YOUR LIFE AND DEATH!
Momotoss
Ano hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi ha Mada Shiranai
............. AKA AnoHana.
Kinda new but tearjerking enough.

And Grave of the Fireflies if you haven't already watched it.
hitose
I'm seeing now welcome to NHK, has good history, it is entirely psychological! At least until now I had a great time with this series. Hack / / Sign is also interesting that even worldwide. Hack it is especially if you are gamer‼
loremar
hitose wrote:
I'm seeing now welcome to NHK, has good history, it is entirely psychological! At least until now I had a great time with this series.

I can see myself in Satou. I've been a hikikomori myself for 3.5 years already. Definitely one of my favorite tear-jerking animes.
ato784
Just Finished Black Blood Brother, it was great. recommend it highly.
_AVG_
Inuyasha! It's my all-time favorite. And if you're looking for some classic stuff then I recommend Dragon Ball Z.
manverupl
I'll recommend few series:
DB and DB Z
Code Geass
Zero no Tsukaima
Asura Cryin'
Josso
lobokun wrote:
steins gate

IT'S THE CHOICE OF STEINS GATE THAT THIS SACRED ENTRY HAS BEEN CHOSEN

In other news: paranoia agent, paprika, fooly cooly, cowboy bebop

Thank me later
Arrogant
Some of the animes I have watched and are very good.

1. One piece - Its just great.My best anime
2. Naruto
3. Bleach
4. Code geass
lugathe
how everybody said

death note >>> code geass (believe me its so amazing)
elfen lied
tkko
hellsing
gun grave
black lagoon <<< its nice!
claymore
jigoku shoujo
steins;gate
chaos;head
umineko no naku koro ni
higurashi no naku koro ni
shiki
etc.

i think you would like it
requiem for the phatom is a good choice
afro samurai
pandora heat
and detroit metal city
Arrogant
Noblesse and Fairytail
peopleverse
I recently started watching Berserk by recommendation from a girlfriend. I started with the series, but the animation was a bit too old school for my taste, so the three movies took its place.

Even though everyone says anime is better, I watched 2 and a half movies, but then the story got so interesting that I decided I need to give anime one more shot. Since the movie is so great and everyone always says how much movies suck compared to the series, this is the right thing to do Smile

I really recommend it, it's for male audience primarily, as there is a lot of violence and the whole theme is very dark.