FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[RESOLVED] Is 20 mb too big?

karysky
Hello,

I want to post a video on my web site and it is 20 mb in size. It does not want to upload at all.

Is it the size, or the format the problem?

Thank you.
dan751
As long as you don't exceed your 250MB quota, AND as long as you have created it. It must be your original work. You cannot have something that Dreamworks or Disney, for example, created.
budazz
i think you'll gonna have a problem when uploading it..its too big...and if uploaded it...

the big problem is when you want to watch it ...i will be loaded for a very long time...that the visitors will leave your site...because the visitors dont want to wait that long..

and the other problem is it will eat up a lot bandwidth that can result for a account suspension for that month...so i think you need to convert it into a smaller size...and make sure it is your own work
karysky
Hello,

Yes, it is my own work, everything on my site is my own work.

But my original file was 80 MB and I reduced it to 20. I'm scared to have a mediocre quality if I reduce it more...

I am not scared for my bandwith, there aren't many people who visit my site.

And people will have the choice to download my video or not...

But still, it's not uploading. I don't know why, I haven't used all my 250... far from it.
budazz
yeah still the file is too big...there are many software you can use the reduce the size..try http://sorenson.com if you have money im using this..

try to search a video converter...that can help you to reduce the size...
Bondings
Yeah, it's ok Karasky. And you shouldn't have problems while uploading it if you have a good internet connection.
karysky
OK, thanks Bondings, I'll try again.
karysky
It worked thanks.

Maybe it was my connection at home afterall....
Bondings
Question solved.
-locked- to prevent spam.